Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mld120)
    Same here... I applied to St John's and absolutely loved it and was allocated to Trevelyans too and I'm more than u drew helmed by it at the moment which course are you doing?
    Bsc Geology, only around 100 students a year so i'm really hoping that works in my favor with the subject quota's. I know what you mean when you say it's underwhelming, on the open day I was quite disappointed with all but a few of the colleges. The university itself makes up for it of course but it's definitely a weak point imo.
    Of course I may just be being snobby

ReputationRep:
    I got unconditional from Grey College. Has anyone heard about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhuller)
    got allocated to st aidans college, anyone else?? anyone visited it before?
    Yeah I stayed there for my summer school it was actually all right

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been allocated a college yet - I was wondering whether there's a chance I could be put into the Queens campus? I really don't want to be there as I loved the campus in Durham - would they let you know on their offer before college allocation if it were to be at Queens or Durham? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    So people who applied St Marys are getting allocated other colleges but I get allocated to St Marys?
    Just out of curiously what was it about St Mary's you don't like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robynb_97)
    been allocated to st. hild and st. bede the one college i really didn't wait (i hate gilesgate roundabout )
    Which did you apply to? And what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flirps)
    I haven't been allocated a college yet - I was wondering whether there's a chance I could be put into the Queens campus? I really don't want to be there as I loved the campus in Durham - would they let you know on their offer before college allocation if it were to be at Queens or Durham? Thanks
    The campuses depends on subjects, so if your course didn't specify being located in Queen's campus then you won't be allocated there

ReputationRep:
    So wait... has anyone actually been allocated to their college of preference yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    The campuses depends on subjects, so if your course didn't specify being located in Queen's campus then you won't be allocated there
    Ah okay thank you - so does that mean if my course (Philosophy) were to be offered at Queens, there's a chance I could be allocated there?

ReputationRep:
    I think the language students must hear last.
    I applied in October for Japanese and have heard nothing.
    Have been checking all the threads and there are only a couple of people who have had offers so far.
    Anyone else applied for languages and heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swissy9)
    Have been checking all the threads and there are only a couple of people who have had offers so far.
    My daughter (English student for fee status)also applied in October and got an offer in November for Chinese (allocated Hild Bede) but I have been following this thread and know there have been very few offers. Don't worry- many language offers will come at the end of the month and beginning of March, based on my older daughter's application two years ago. This daughter is still waiting for an offer from Edinburgh. Keep thinking positive thoughts!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swissy9)
    Hey I applied late October (day after Oxbridge deadline aha) for Chinese and got my offer on 27th January, so pretty recently. Got my college allocation yesterday Hang in there! Linguists are notoriously disorganised

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sskaria)
    Has anyone heard back from Durham for Geography BA?
    still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaosborne)
    still waiting
    The waiting game is definitely the most agonising , but as my teachers keep preaching, 'hearing nothing from the universities is still better than a rejection, so don't worry!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sskaria)
    The waiting game is definitely the most agonising , but as my teachers keep preaching, 'hearing nothing from the universities is still better than a rejection, so don't worry!'
    That's all good and well unless that long waits ends with a rejection. Having been through that already last year, I can't say it's helpful! I'd rather have a quick rejection than a drawn out one!
    But honestly, I wouldn't expect definite rejection unless the 31st March deadline has passed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    So wait... has anyone actually been allocated to their college of preference yet??
    I applied to Hatfield and the website link says I've been allocated to Hatfield. So I've been quite fortunate - although part of that is probably my being a maths student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anitatoz)
    well would be great if that was the case cos I've been waiting since Dec and i'm dying for an offer
    I hope you hear back soon!
    (Original post by yvchan)
    Hi, congratulations on your offer! I'm an international student as well, if you don't mind me asking, when did you apply/what course did you apply for? I'm still waiting for their decision (it's almost been three months )
    Thanks
    I applied for Natural Sciences on 9th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivoryfall)
    That's all good and well unless that long waits ends with a rejection. Having been through that already last year, I can't say it's helpful! I'd rather have a quick rejection than a drawn out one!
    But honestly, I wouldn't expect definite rejection unless the 31st March deadline has passed!
    Yeh, I guess you're right . And the offers themselves don't actually mean anything without the grades to achieve them.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still waiting to hear for PPE? Slowly imploding here..... :-(

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.