Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanewie123)
    Does anyone know the stress study of Brown and Harris and what they found? I have just been told to learn it and can't find anything online.Thank you!
    They looked at mental illness, gender and social class and found working class women are most prone to depression due to the dual burden, but also because in comparison to middle class women they tend to experience more negative life events (e.g. divorce) and present more 'vulnerability' factors (e.g. 3+ children at home).

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about the
    Oral stage
    anal stage
    phalic stage and etc??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anam)
    Hmm yeah true, AQA are so unpredictable so are you going to revise every possible 12 marker then?
    pretty much, it's how i revise anyway so i remember the facts in order with evaluation, also do past papers obviously haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    Do we need to know about the
    Oral stage
    anal stage
    phalic stage and etc??
    Yes well we got told you just need to know about what the baby gets happiness from at each stage and what will happen in the future if fixation occurs at these stages. Eg. Smoking addictions, I hope this helped ☺️

ReputationRep:
    HHi, I'm just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to remember social, I'm fine with stress and individual differences it's just social that I struggle to remember, I also struggle to remember which answer goes with which question. Thanks☺️

ReputationRep:
    whats the difference between downward narrow technique, CBT and REBT ?

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone please come up with a mnemonic with the following letters, SAEPINPPC

Thanks 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat100000)
    HHi, I'm just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to remember social, I'm fine with stress and individual differences it's just social that I struggle to remember, I also struggle to remember which answer goes with which question. Thanks☺️
    maybe do like mind maps for all the sub topics in social- so like conformity research, explanations of obedience, explanations of independent behaviour etc... so its really clear in your head whats involved in each bit i find it helpful to put these on my wall as well and make yourself read it every day! you could also try acronyms or something so like for the conditions needed for social change through minority influence, you could come up with a way to remember each condition?
    then you could do practise/past questions for social so that you know what to write? theres only so many questions they can come up with-they all tend to be quite similar so if you've practised you'll hopefully know what answer is relevant.
    I don't really know what else, just keep going over everything

ReputationRep:
    I have some flashcards I made on stress. There's a 'learn' section where questions are asked on the topics and you just need to answer, If you get them wrong, you have to answer it again in the next round. Its helped me remember a lot of my psychology and sociology especially with the research studies.

Do you want to use the flashcards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asdgytyubf)
    maybe do like mind maps for all the sub topics in social- so like conformity research, explanations of obedience, explanations of independent behaviour etc... so its really clear in your head whats involved in each bit i find it helpful to put these on my wall as well and make yourself read it every day! you could also try acronyms or something so like for the conditions needed for social change through minority influence, you could come up with a way to remember each condition?
    then you could do practise/past questions for social so that you know what to write? theres only so many questions they can come up with-they all tend to be quite similar so if you've practised you'll hopefully know what answer is relevant.
    I don't really know what else, just keep going over everything
    Yeah I think I'll try those techniques, that was a big help thank you so much☺️

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=undine_monty;55799873]I have some flashcards I made on stress. There's a 'learn' section where questions are asked on the topics and you just need to answer, If you get them wrong, you have to answer it again in the next round. Its helped me remember a lot of my psychology and sociology especially with the research studies.

Do you want to use the flashcards?[/QUOTE
    Yes if you don't mind that would be a big help thank you!☺️

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone learning all their 12 mark essays, i have written notes and that includes everything I need and every 12 mark essay that could come up in enough detail so they are all 12/12. But I'm really struggling to memorise all this!!! I need to learn it all, i have put so much effort in up until now that i can't just not do well purely because i didn't bother learning it. So how is everyone memorising everything?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone by any chance give me a good detailed definition of deviation from social norms, failure to function adequately and deviation from ideal mental health, for me to memorise, and if you have time the ao2 points for them too please. Its kind of hard sourcing all the info together from websites and i dont know if they're entirely right.

ReputationRep:
    Yes well we got told you just need to know about what the baby gets happiness from at each stage and what will happen in the future if fixation occurs at these stages. Eg. Smoking addictions, I hope this helped ☺️
    well this is awkward cos i heard you dont and its not in the book

ReputationRep:
    does the cognitive, behavioural and psychodynamic approach all come under Psychological approaches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaya sanogo)
    well this is awkward cos i heard you dont and its not in the book
    Ohhh I don't know then I'm just gonna learn it anyway because we use it in the AO1 for psychodynamic approach☺️

ReputationRep:
    do you need any notes? i have a powerpoint i could send you, it's good because it gives you only the information you need to know to get full marks but not too much information which will overload your brain haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xabsx)
    do you need any notes? i have a powerpoint i could send you, it's good because it gives you only the information you need to know to get full marks but not too much information which will overload your brain haha
    Yes please if that's okay? Thank you so much!☺️

ReputationRep:
    Yes please if that's okay? Thank you so much!☺️
    i thought i might as well post it on here as other people might want to use it for social psychology revision. hope it helps
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: odp Social Psychology.odp (2.43 MB, 146 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relish)
    Can anyone by any chance give me a good detailed definition of deviation from social norms, failure to function adequately and deviation from ideal mental health, for me to memorise, and if you have time the ao2 points for them too please. Its kind of hard sourcing all the info together from websites and i dont know if they're entirely right.
    Deviation from Social Norms - social norms are explicit yet unwritten codes of conduct that define what is acceptable and unacceptable in our society e.g. how long you can shake someone's hand for. Any deviation from this would be considered abnormal, however there are some limitations, such as Abnormal vs Eccentric, Abnormal vs Criminal, and some cultural variations and context-dependent cases

Failure to function adequately - behaviors that interrupt our basic daily functioning and inhibit our ability to cope are considered abnormal e.g. OCD or anorexia sufferers may be considered not to function adequately because of this. The only main limitation I have for this is exceptions to the rule e.g. students who are stressed under examinations may not function adequately e.g. insomnia/anxiety, however does this make them abnormal? One way of assessing this is using the DSM or Global Assessment Functioning Scale (GAF) which uses a scale of 0-100 e.g. 100 = superior mental health, 60 = slight deficiency in coping with some depressive symptoms, 10 = severe risk of harming self or others

Deviation from ideal mental health - Jahoda created a list of 6 criteria that focus on the ideal mental health standards than the abnormality itself, they are;
    - Self-actualization, the realisation of one's potential
    - accurate perception of reality
    - resistance to stress
    - adapting to and mastering the environment
    - autonomy/independence
    - self-attitudes e.g. high self-esteem

in terms of limitations, some people actually thrive under stress, and does this mean they're abnormal? Self-actualisation is actually hardly ever achieved, so does this qualify everyone as being abnormal?

it's long, but I hoped it help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.