Courtship

ReputationRep:
    Is the ratio 2.27:1 ???? ****!!!
    I got 118:52 i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faaiz Shah)
    I loved the gel electro question.
    Did u talk about parent being homozygous recessive/dominant
    And offspring hetrozygous and then i talked about about why the R was further then r
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Ye i got 2.27 as well 118:52 i think
    Would you get 1 or 2 marks for putting 118:53?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoothER)
    Yeah
    Phew

ReputationRep:
    I loved the gel electro question.
    Did u talk about parent being homozygous recessive/dominant
    And offspring hetrozygous and then i talked about about why the R was further then r
    Ooo I did that, though I used the letters rather than saying parent was homozygous or offspring being hetero. Yay I got some marks...maybe

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the question about gel electrophoresis and using the info to explain the results or something? I hated that question -.- I just put one parent is homozygous dominant and one recessive the recessive allele moves the least as it is the largest fragment and vice versa...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsabi7)
    Would you get 1 or 2 marks for putting 118:53?
    Probs two. Ppl on here saying it was 118:56 so they will have large range but i think as long as u did 118:52 plus or minus 2 u will get 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    Have to say I revised for a day missed most of genetics out and still thought that was such a nice paper. Thanks AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martin11)
    Ooo I did that, though I used the letters rather than saying parent was homozygous or offspring being hetero. Yay I got some marks...maybe
    Oh phew! That's something along the lines of what I put

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the one about the IAA and describing why the root moved down because of the carrier proteins?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martin11)
    I was gonna use letters but i am stupid so i forgot ahhah. I think i lost 1 mark on questionnaire and 3 on monoclonal and i think i got atleast 17 on essay
    How about u bro??

ReputationRep:
    Probs two. Ppl on here saying it was 118:56 so they will have large range but i think as long as u did 118:52 plus or minus 2 u will get 2 marks
    I think you will loose the mark for not rounding, just for my experience with past papers..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_1)
    what did everyone put for the one about the IAA and describing why the root moved down because of the carrier proteins?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why the roots moved down was it not why the roots moved away from the salt ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biojames)
    Why the roots moved down was it not why the roots moved away from the salt ?
    yeah that's what I mean what did you put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biojames)
    Have to say I revised for a day missed most of genetics out and still thought that was such a nice paper. Thanks AQA
    I think the van hijackers are the real heroes here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessiebon)
    I think you will loose the mark for not rounding, just for my experience with past papers..
    Its not accurate to say 2.3:1 or 2.2:1 theres such a huge difference. Lol i dunno i thought 2.d.p would be minimum since the question didnt specify.

What du u think the grade boundries will be??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a cheeky unofficial markscheme 👌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plasmapause)
    I have.
    I mentioned domestic rearing, In vitro replication, the proof that DNA is hereditary material and other stuff
    (Original post by Kittyflorence)
    Anyone know the exam question for the second essay

I did
    Protein synthesis
    Oestrous
    Mitosis and meiosis
    Dna replication
    Courtship
    The importance to humans of controlling growth, development and reproduction of organisms. (something like that anyways)
    I talked about intensive farming, preventing succession, tumour supressors and treating cystic fibrosis (process of making recombinant dna and using viruses etc) Do you think that is ok/irrelevant? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_1)
    yeah that's what I mean what did you put ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone to do with the side with the salt had more carrier proteins so more iaa moves out down the conc gradient allowing it to elongate. Then a bit about water potential what about you ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.