Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is the likelihood of economic v environmental sustainability coming up? Is it worth going over?

ReputationRep:
    what is everyone predicting? I am having a gut feeling that international conflicts is gonna come up as the essay. don't take my word for it though but

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzy56)
    If there isn't a question about suburbanisation were I can get all my green belts info in then AQA may just be getting it anyway 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently predictions say that there be a question on out-of-town retailing so you can use green belt stuff to say that some shopping centers build on the green belt where there is more space and so you can have a larger shopping centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gil727)
    does anybody know what the nature of separatism means, because it hasnt been asked before and i feel like its likely to come up??
    I interpret that as meaning whether it was peaceful or violent, that kind of thing? So the Scottish Independance was resolved through a non violent referendum, while the Basque region separatism has had some violence from ETA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have predictions for world cities and ecosystems?

Edit: rip nevermind my phone is slow. :' )

Is it just out of town retailing for predictions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpiercey3)
    What is the likelihood of economic v environmental sustainability coming up? Is it worth going over?
    r u talking about world cities? if so then sustainability is highly likely to come up as it has only came once before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximiles97)
    basically talk about mumbai and the dharavi management project. you can also contrast it to the UK in a way using waste or management strategies i think
    Okay...

Dharivi way of overcoming urbanisation vs uk way of over coming suburbanisation
    And then Curitiba way of over coming waste vs uk way of over coming waste??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBeingProud)
    r u talking about world cities? if so then sustainability is highly likely to come up as it has only came once before
    No development and globalisation?
    I will be very happy if sustainability is the WC 40 marker though!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone. I feel like this exam is an Execution...

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for ecosystems?

ReputationRep:
    What is the likelihood of transport management coming up? If so can you choose to do waste management instead? Should I learn both LEDC and MEDC case studies for it?

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i found this really helpful

ReputationRep:
    Does Economic vs. Environmental sustainability also include sustainable tourism?

ReputationRep:
    I have an odd feeling the ecosystems essay is going to be on human effects on Biomes.. dunno why :s

Also going over volcanoes briefly just in case lol, can see aqa fcking us over and in that respect.

World cities I'm going over partnerships schemes (park hill) urban decline, suburbanisation an counter urbanisation.
    I don't think anything retailing will come up at all as the last two exam structured questions have contained stuff on retail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luis Suarez)
    Please someone help for a 40 mark sustainable tourism?
    That wont come up as a 40 marker which is why your struggling. there isnt enough content for them to set that as a 40 marker for d and g

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for the plate tectonics essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_J)
    Does Economic vs. Environmental sustainability also include sustainable tourism?
    Personally, I think it can - it can be used to show a way in which economic and environmental sustainability are compatible

ReputationRep:
    I feel for World Cities either a Partnership Scheme (Hulme, Manchester) or Property-Led (Thames Gateway) scheme is likely to come up. Along with a 10 marker on something such as sustainable waste management. (Freiburg).

As far as Ecosystems it's a bit hared to predict but I pray for an ecological conservation area type question. (Mersey Forest)

I am doing the tectonics 40 marker and hope it will be about earthquakes and how they occur.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think the 25 marks on weather and climates questions will be? Im thinking maybe storms - tropical? Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Im so scared!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.