Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cmitten)
    I've had an e-mail confirming that they received my acceptance of the position for anyone waiting for one of those I imagine you will get one soon.
    Also, has anything changed on your online portal thing?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone wondering:

"If you do not accept your offer by the deadline you will be withdrawn from the process.
    If you have been offered a location that was not one of your choices, that means there were not any places remaining in your chosen locations. After 12th May, when candidates have accepted or declined their offers, we will revisit the situation to see if there is a space in a preferred location. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be a space. When this review takes place merit order will still be used."

Taken from the TSP Facebook page. It was a comment on the post dated 2nd May 2016.

That means those who haven't could still be offered their first choice if someone drops out and they are the next highest candidate on the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace :))
    For anyone wondering:

"If you do not accept your offer by the deadline you will be withdrawn from the process.
    If you have been offered a location that was not one of your choices, that means there were not any places remaining in your chosen locations. After 12th May, when candidates have accepted or declined their offers, we will revisit the situation to see if there is a space in a preferred location. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be a space. When this review takes place merit order will still be used."

Taken from the TSP Facebook page. It was a comment on the post dated 2nd May 2016.

That means those who haven't could still be offered their first choice if someone drops out and they are the next highest candidate on the list.
    Still doesn't explain what will happen if you have accepted a place where they've offered you! If I get a response, I'll post it on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJT88)
    When did you send off your acceptance, and when did your confirmation arrive? I'm trying to work out a rough timeline.
    sent off the acceptance two minutes after the email came in and then received confirmation at 8.32

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJT88)
    Also, has anything changed on your online portal thing?
    No

ReputationRep:
    I only replied on monday evening and ive just got confirmation they received my email.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody had further thoughts about the ICAS pilot thing?

From the FAQs it reads that doing the ITP will take one year less than TSP - but it's not clear how this affects time to G7.

Will try getting some clarification by email...

ReputationRep:
    I emailed Gwynne a query on friday and I am yet to hear anything, should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_dave)
    I emailed Gwynne a query on friday and I am yet to hear anything, should I be worried?
    I've just emailed the recruitment mailbox too, so hopefully they will provide some more detail.

I don't think we need worry about it, and of course there's no guarantee of getting on he pilot anyway even if we choose to apply for it.

I just don't feel that the information provided in the FAQs is sufficient to make an informed decision between the two schemes. Especially regarding how long the ITP course would take compared to the normal TSP, and whether or not it is a faster route to grade 7. The information does suggest that it might be only a 3 year course whereas TSP is 4 years.

Although I appreciate that it is a pilot and therefore under development, I would like to know the basics i.e. how long the course is, before offering to sign up.

If the information isn't available I will be tempted to stick with the TSP because it is a tried and tested and well-respected scheme, without any of the potential risks involved with being a 'guinea pig' for a new course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_dave)
    I don't think so - I sent a query on Friday too and haven't received a response; however, I have since sent off my acceptance email and received confirmation of its receipt today. I therefore presume that their priority is processing acceptances rather than dealing with queries.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies peeps! Feel a lot better knowing they are responding to the emails in (maybe) a priority order - that was my initial concern tbh. Going to hope for a reply soon and accept thereafter. Does anybody have a link to the fb group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avdb)
    I've just emailed the recruitment mailbox too, so hopefully they will provide some more detail.

I don't think we need worry about it, and of course there's no guarantee of getting on he pilot anyway even if we choose to apply for it.

I just don't feel that the information provided in the FAQs is sufficient to make an informed decision between the two schemes. Especially regarding how long the ITP course would take compared to the normal TSP, and whether or not it is a faster route to grade 7. The information does suggest that it might be only a 3 year course whereas TSP is 4 years.

Although I appreciate that it is a pilot and therefore under development, I would like to know the basics i.e. how long the course is, before offering to sign up.

If the information isn't available I will be tempted to stick with the TSP because it is a tried and tested and well-respected scheme, without any of the potential risks involved with being a 'guinea pig' for a new course.
    Same thoughts here. I've decided to stick with TSP, there's too many unknowns with the ICAS programme. Also with TSP, you get some exemptions for the CTA exams. However, I cannot see anything for the ITP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe ITP will become popular in the future, but at the moment it's not very well known at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am someone new posting here; I was successful in my application and have been assigned Central London – Bush House Large Business.

I really would be grateful if anyone here can share any information about Bush House.

Am I correct in my impression that Euston Tower is the main centre of HMRC action in Central London, and specifically, the main centre of training for the TPDP?I have not read of anyone else here being assigned Bush House, but plenty of applicants being assigned Euston Tower……so I am worried that Bush House may be a bit peripheral when it comes to the TPDP.

A big worry I have is about being able to stay in London, both during the programme and after the 4 years on it, as Bush House seems a small office that will eventually be closed; the lease runs out in the next decade with Kings College London set to take over the building. Being in London is really important for me for family reasons.

One big reason I had for applying was the quality of the training and experience on this programme, and I get the feeling that Euston Tower would have been able to provide that to a better degree than Bush House.If anyone here knows anything about Bush House, I would be very grateful if you could share anything you know. Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophocles90)
    I am someone new posting here; I was successful in my application and have been assigned Central London – Bush House Large Business.

I really would be grateful if anyone here can share any information about Bush House.

Am I correct in my impression that Euston Tower is the main centre of HMRC action in Central London, and specifically, the main centre of training for the TPDP?I have not read of anyone else here being assigned Bush House, but plenty of applicants being assigned Euston Tower……so I am worried that Bush House may be a bit peripheral when it comes to the TPDP.

A big worry I have is about being able to stay in London, both during the programme and after the 4 years on it, as Bush House seems a small office that will eventually be closed; the lease runs out in the next decade with Kings College London set to take over the building. Being in London is really important for me for family reasons.

One big reason I had for applying was the quality of the training and experience on this programme, and I get the feeling that Euston Tower would have been able to provide that to a better degree than Bush House.If anyone here knows anything about Bush House, I would be very grateful if you could share anything you know. Many thanks
    LB (Large Business) in Euston Tower are all in Bush House now. Currently people in Euston Tower and Bush House are supposed to end up in Stratford Regional centre which is supposed to open before either closes.

Training is usually done in Euston Tower.

ReputationRep:
    On the facebook page...

"Please remember to complete and return your pre employment check forms in line with the guidance and timescales provided by Civil Service Resourcing.Delays in pre employment checks can delay the issue of your letter of offer and contract of employment."Has anyone been sent these things, or is this what was on the "Next stage" page when we got our provisional offers? i.e DBS information and health form etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nj.)
    On the facebook page...

"Please remember to complete and return your pre employment check forms in line with the guidance and timescales provided by Civil Service Resourcing.Delays in pre employment checks can delay the issue of your letter of offer and contract of employment."Has anyone been sent these things, or is this what was on the "Next stage" page when we got our provisional offers? i.e DBS information and health form etc?
    It's the stuff on the "next page" bit, so references, driving licence number etc.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of questions.

1. Could someone PM me a link to the facebook page that's been set up recently please?

2. People who have emailed the tax academy inbox, are you still waiting on replies or have they come back to you promptly? Only wondering as I sent an email two days ago and haven't had a response yet.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamo91)
    Couple of questions.

1. Could someone PM me a link to the facebook page that's been set up recently please?

2. People who have emailed the tax academy inbox, are you still waiting on replies or have they come back to you promptly? Only wondering as I sent an email two days ago and haven't had a response yet.

Thanks.
    They're taking AAAAGES to respond to emails - you're not the only one waiting for a reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamo91)
    Couple of questions.

Thanks.
    I sent an email to them on Friday last week when the offers were made and I haven't had a response at all.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.