Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran23)
    I am strongly considering following this strategy in practice but do you find your time efficiency to be consistent?
    Im consistently doing 5 questions in about 170-180 seconds. So I guess its alright. If i get some true false questions in the exam, I should be able to make up the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Im consistently doing 5 questions in about 170-180 seconds. So I guess its alright. If i get some true false questions in the exam, I should be able to make up the time.
    This sounds very promising. Thank you so much and good luck on your exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran23)
    This sounds very promising. Thank you so much and good luck on your exam
    Good luck to you too! What score are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    what mocks did you doo?
    Medify, Kaplan book, official ukcat mocks and 1000 qs book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Good luck to you too! What score are you aiming for?
    I want to aim for the highest mark possible, but I will be satisfied with anything above 720

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagandeep07)
    Okay... you should have a good chance at interview this time round I would have thought. Last year's average was 629 - so you should be in a good position. Also, I'm predicting that there may be a chance that the averages go down because all of this uproar about VR. Fingers crossed!
    Sorry if this sounds ignorant, but what is the uproar about VR?

ReputationRep:
    In the first medify mock, I got 800 in VR, 700 in AR, 670 in QR and Band 1.

Does anyone have advice on how to improve in QR, as I always end up guessing the last few questions. Although the questions i attempt are normally correct, how do i improve my speed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottishmum)
    VR - 500
    QR - 670
    AR - 610
    SJ - Band 2

My daughter sat this test and is now worried about her result

She has 5 A's and 1C - Nat 5 level
    4 A'S and 1B - Highers
    Studying this year - 3 advanced highers

Any advice greatly appreciated.

She studied for a month and worked from two books and practice tests.
    Her average is 593 and is quite low. But it depends on which uni she will apply to now. Try and apply to UNIs that don't heavily depend on the ukcat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleT1)
    VR: 610
    QR: 770
    AR: 900
    SJT: Band 2
    Average: 760

Resources: medify, 600Q, kaplan & offical site over 2 months
    Wow that's amazing congrats. Any tips on qr and ar? VR is always a pain, don't worry it's decent

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I just sat my UKCAT and got the following

VR - 480
    QR - 770
    AR - 900
    SJ - Band 3

Average 717

Overall I'm happy with the average but am really concerned about my 480 in verbal! It was such an awful section also is my band 3 too low. What universities should I avoid/apply to?

I got 6a* 4a at gcse. I appreciate any help.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey could anyone give me any tips and advice on how to revise for Quantitative Reasoning? Ive been using resources such as ISC Medical 1000Q book and Medify. In addition to this, how hard is this section to the official UKCAT exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    My technique is similar to yours, but instead of finding a keyword in each statement and then going to the passage, I read all 4 statements and then skim the passage and then answer.
    Yes i use this if all the answers are short and of similar nature

ReputationRep:
    Could someone explain what they mean that our results are calculated with regards to how others have done please?

ReputationRep:
    Your score is amazing so applying to any UKCAT heavy university is a good idea. Also hull York medical school look at your top 8 GCSEs and UKCAT score when deciding who to interview. So that would be a good place to apply too.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med2017)
    Hi guys

I just sat my UKCAT and got the following

VR - 480
    QR - 770
    AR - 900
    SJ - Band 3

Average 717

Overall I'm happy with the average but am really concerned about my 480 in verbal! It was such an awful section also is my band 3 too low. What universities should I avoid/apply to?

I got 6a* 4a at gcse. I appreciate any help.

Many thanks

well done on your amazing score, why exactly was verbal hard? i mean some of the medify passages are really long too so if i practice these will they be able to represent the exam more closely?

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me how close the kaplan mock 6 is to the real exam? thanks x

ReputationRep:
    How did people fare with the mini-mocks? I failed my QR with 550 the questions were too long XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    well done on your amazing score, why exactly was verbal hard? i mean some of the medify passages are really long too so if i practice these will they be able to represent the exam more closely?
    Hi

Thank you so much

The reason I found it difficult was due to the trying to find the key words in the passage and exam nerves. In the official mocks I got between 600-650, where it was easy to locate key words to come to a conclusion. In the exam it was more difficult and I feel a lot of the answers were paraphrased as I couldn't pinpoint any keywords.

So I would practice scanning for the keywords for that section. The length looks longer but the text was very zoomed in.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me how close the kaplan mock 6 is to the real exam? thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med2017)
    Hi

Thank you so much

The reason I found it difficult was due to the trying to find the key words in the passage and exam nerves. In the official mocks I got between 600-650, where it was easy to locate key words to come to a conclusion. In the exam it was more difficult and I feel a lot of the answers were paraphrased as I couldn't pinpoint any keywords.

So I would practice scanning for the keywords for that section. The length looks longer but the text was very zoomed in.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you, yeah i have heard they are the same lengh but just zoomed in which panics people even tho its the same length! So there are still key words to scan for right? jsut need to practice?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.