Kelly^2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Banality)
Holy ****...
That's all i can say about today...
So I got up nice and early to make some last minute revision, granted I had done little revision before (well practice whatever you want to call it). I left the house at 9:10 to make it early for my test which was at 11. I make it to the center at 10:30ish. I then realise I left my Passport at home, and the woman was not prepared to let me off... (I don't have a provisional driving license either).
She tells me she will try to squeeze me in another time, but it was fully booked. So I'm thinking like "ah **** I'm so ****** right now". To make it worse my friends had just left their houses and called me to see where I was. It was so bad that I could only laugh. I'm on the tube going the home to get the passport and I see my friends laughing at me on the train going the other way.
After several more adventures I arrive at the center; Soaked, Angry, 3 hours late almost... Fortunately there was a computer available.
Considering having a cold and what I can only describe as a bad day & the fact that I guessed 1/2 my test I think I got a fairly respectable result of 595.
Is that bog standard average?
Sounds like a **** of a day tbh!
Yeah buddy, 600 is about average
Banality
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh yeah...
I feel like **** :P. But I beat my m8ts, teach them to laugh at me on a terrible day :P.
FFCrusader
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LozengeC)
I think I was tired too as my score got lower as I went through the categories. :p: Still happy with my average result though. 677.5 Think that's about average right?

x
haha fair enough, I think the caffeine kicked in after VR....I wish it did before lol

Tis a good score Average is about 600 so they say on the sheet :p:
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cucumber sandwich)
Halmstad
hahaha.. i have no idea where that is........ except its in skane... OR ?
am i wrong?!?! lol

(Original post by FFCrusader)
Well done
thanks =]]
no coffee though.... :/
was awake enough. panic is a good drug... apparently ^^
Sanjetti
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
of the whole test imo... lol

they should make the test DOABLE so that they can pick people out of SKILL not luck...

too bad its like this though..
^ QFT
Sanjetti
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cpt.Hards)
Hi,
Which medical school put the most weight on the ukcat? I did suprisingly well in mine (776 :eek: ) and would now like to make the most of it. At the moment i am thinking of applying to to two BMAT uni's and leicester and keele. But still i want to know who values it more? I have heard kings are hot on it. Any advice?
Sheffield are hot on it apparently. And Manchester rank their applicants and select the top X% (this is just from info I got from TSR) for interview, so those two seem hot on it.
Aykap
Report 10 years ago
hey evry1,

I did my UKCAT today

VR: 810
QR: 680
AR: 590
DA: 800

Average = 720

Could any1 tell me if abstract reasoning is thaaat important? or do unis dont really look at it...
Next, is it the overall score that counts, or is there like, say a "cut-off/ minimum requirement", for every section of the test?

I am applying to King's and St George's (or Newcastle)...does hvin 720 mean u r guarantued an interview? or does it just increase its chances?

thanks..
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aykap)
hey evry1,

I did my UKCAT today

VR: 810
QR: 680
AR: 590
DA: 800

Average = 720

Could any1 tell me if abstract reasoning is thaaat important? or do unis dont really look at it...
Next, is it the overall score that counts, or is there like, say a "cut-off/ minimum requirement", for every section of the test?

I am applying to King's and St George's (or Newcastle)...does hvin 720 mean u r guarantued an interview? or does it just increase its chances?

thanks..
whooa.
awesome verbal and decision analysis!! :]]
it just increases chances. i dont think there is any guaranteed interviews in those schools.. but idk..
witness the sickness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
did my ukcat today, was so relieved to get an average of 700-

VR - 690
QR - 770
AR - 630 (didnt understand this section and guessed it and finished in less than 10mins lmfao)
DA - 710

it says on the sheet 600 is average, so im hoping 700 is a good enough score to at least get an interview at most UKCAT universities. Im thinking of newcastle, manchester and kings does anyone have any idea if 700 is good enough for them?

ALSO: how important is the non-cognitive analysis test at the end, do uni's even consider it?
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by witness the sickness)
did my ukcat today, was so relieved to get an average of 700-

VR - 690
QR - 770
AR - 630 (didnt understand this section and guessed it and finished in less than 10mins lmfao)
DA - 710

it says on the sheet 600 is average, so im hoping 700 is a good enough score to at least get an interview at most UKCAT universities. Im thinking of newcastle, manchester and kings does anyone have any idea if 700 is good enough for them?

ALSO: how important is the non-cognitive analysis test at the end, do uni's even consider it?
well done! :]
i guess so. why would they have it if the unis didnt want to look at it??
but what did yours say??

and did you get the choose from 1-6
or def true, generally true, generally false, def false??
it seems as there are different types of questions for the non cognitive.....
witness the sickness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i had the worded ones, strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree.

Mine says: "compared to the responses of other people. your respsonses suggest that you place higher value on needs, well-being, and the rights of individuals. the approach may cause you a dilema when they appear to conflict with the expectations of society. in such circumstances you may be more likely than most to support the rights and beliefs of the individual over those of society or community".
what does yours say?

its not bad, just not amazing lol

everyone on here has such good scores, like i know 700 is fair decent, but i wish id got like 750 now
Aykap
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
whooa.
awesome verbal and decision analysis!! :]]
it just increases chances. i dont think there is any guaranteed interviews in those schools.. but idk..
hey thnks..
i got 1 more question: i asked my centre if they would send my score to the unis im applying to. They said they didnt do that, they were just an exam centre and they told me to put my score on ucas form nd call ucas for further info.
I called ucas nd they told me i had to send my ukcat scoresheet seperate afterwards (after i get sum ucas number..dont really know).

did any of u experience this too...or is it jus my centre...note: my centre is in brussels belgium)
Aykap
Report 10 years ago

Mine says: "compared to the responses of other people. your respsonses suggest that you place higher value on needs, well-being, and the rights of individuals. the approach may cause you a dilema when they appear to conflict with the expectations of society. in such circumstances you may be more likely than most to support the rights and beliefs of the individual over those of society or community".
what does yours say?

everyone on here has such good scores, like i know 700 is fair decent, but i wish id got like 750 now

haha...i just got the same...:s:s
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

what does yours say?

dont we all? :P

i also had worded ones...

Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a tendency towards being a bit more self-confident, outgoing and comfortable with people, without being dominating or demanding attention. this may make you more able to be aware of the emotional needs of others *without being dependent on their reactions to you

^ true to 98% lol =] i do demand a little attention ... hehehehe
but some people get ^x3... which is what my friend got...... :/
idk which one is better ..
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
usually i would keep my mouth shut at comments like these, but it's really getting annoying now. first of all, 700 is not "fair decent"...it's 100 ABOVE average. you must know from reading about other people's scores (and common sense) that it's such a good score. it's quite arrogant of you to say that as you're making people who havn't got such a high score feel bad.
witness the sickness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
usually i would keep my mouth shut at comments like these, but it's really getting annoying now. first of all, 700 is not "fair decent"...it's 100 ABOVE average. you must know from reading about other people's scores (and common sense) that it's such a good score. it's quite arrogant of you to say that as you're making people who havn't got such a high score feel bad.
i understnad where you're coming from, and apologise if ive upset anyone. im just so sort of person who is never ever happy, and its not a good way to be
sweetcheeks01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
That's true. But at the end of the day if all your competition are getting much higher scores than you then it makes a score you thought was good look ****. I feel the same way about my score.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
now now. we all know that TSR folk are very very ambitious and smart..
so a lot of the scores we see are really high.
= even those with high grades will become insecure about their application!

i should stop coming here.. bad bad influence on me...............:P
Aykap
Report 10 years ago
lol...my first day here...quite amusin....neways i just posted a message (see below) nd coz im scared it might be unanswered bcoz of the small quarrel in the middle....im reposting it:

"i got 1 more question: i asked my centre if they would send my score to the unis im applying to. They said they didnt do that, they were just an exam centre and they told me to put my score on ucas form nd call ucas for further info.
I called ucas nd they told me i had to send my ukcat scoresheet seperate afterwards (after i get sum ucas number..dont really know).

did any of u experience this too...or is it jus my centre...note: my centre is in brussels belgium"

thx!
iheartvet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know that in the UK, Pearson sends your scores to the universities that require them. I am not sure if this is the same in Belgium. Why don't you phone Pearson tomorrow or UCAS to confirm?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.39%
No - but I will (38)
6.83%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.65%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (262)
47.12%

Watched Threads