The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i made a fantastic contribution to the match, my composure and attemps to slow the frantic pace down was not unnoted by me

best part of the day/night
free chips in hardmans

and richie lad, went into town for the match after getting back from southport, didnt get in untill before half time, and missed the call after with no credit
packed the stuff out of me flat for christmas as well, been a long day/night after last night haha

good result today though
Not a bad one was it?

Ended up watching it in the Clachan and then getting some dodgy nuggets from Carlitos. Didn't miss much la.
BigScouser
Same as kimoso and Jessicaw

Underrated tbf :colondollar:
Ascient
Yeah, I quite liked the word play there. It wasn't as good as your pre-match write up starring Mourinho and Wayne Rooney though. That was class because it seemed like it could easily have been a transcript from any other I'm On Setanta Sports episode.

Yeah I was stuck for creative inspiration so had to swerve the parody.
Ascient
Underrated tbf :colondollar:

Agreed.
can i just say, although i didnt meet these girls in town, and i was blimping them
im not just a pervert

tsr post christmas do in town? or even further afield?
Same here John. I'm up for a reunion soon or just drag Jack and Ian down to town one night but NOT the K hahaha
Aww. :^_^:
I haven't got a bad word to say against anyone who was there yesterday, lads or girls. Was made up to be in the game (hence my over enthusiastic celebrations) and the night out, for the best part, was a good laugh. Gotta do it again sometime, funds permitting of course.

JH I'll defo be giving you a shout for town sometime soon mate.
Reply 1869
Did yer manage to find the station alright Jess?!
BigScouser
Agreed.

Very underated imo. :h:
My sig now approves of football forum posters.
izaldo
Did yer manage to find the station alright Jess?!

Yeah. But lols. Those two guys who were standing near me at the bus stop, kept trying to make me go to some place called Hannah's Bar with them.

I'm feeling the love in this thread. :h:
Yuffie

Does one have to make a flattering comment about your appearance to make it onto your sig? :puppyeyes:
Hannah's Bar used to be a bit of a dive. A good dive like but it's quite smart now they've rebuilt it. Should've gone tbh.

Yuffie

Danke schon, danke schon.
deffo lad,
the girls are also more than welcome, might be able to sort out a pre town pro/drinking in the flat as well
and for the girls, we have errrm, fantastic company
After running out of excuses to give Nas as to why i couldn't attend the football meets, i was surprisingly excited on the day of the big match. Dragged myself out of bed and made myself a joint fit for the occasion. Big mistake as i entered my own little world whilst waiting for the southern fairies to stop taking the piss in Lime St and get off the bus soon. Woken from my daydreaming by Nas the pied piper and his merry crew of southerners we made our way to the changing rooms where i managed to skank a pair of footie socks of Nas and couple of tokes of a joint of his flatmate. Excellent start to the day.

After deciding to swerve the full size pitches, we settled on a traditional 8 a side jumpers for goalposts pitch. After an extensive pre-match warm up that consisted of keepie ups and not much else, the game was under way.

The open few minutes looked like it could be a very long night for the Southern defenders as the North clicked into motion straight away with Nas and his mate running things through the centre. After a while the South got a foot back in the game but it remained deadlock until Jaydoh did enough to put the North in the lead. Alas it seems the South have taken something from the Liverpool team this season as a never say die attitude saw them hit back instantly which was a pretty fair reflection of the match as the game was end to end.

Excellent reflex saves from Nas and myself, as well as a brilliantly timed tackle from Rainy to end my rampaging run from CB through a swamp of players, ensured that the North went into the break defending a slim 1 goal lead just as Carl finally turned up, somehow managing to work out Nas' directions as he tried to play in goal at the same time.

With myself stuck in goal for the start of the second half, the south began testing the nervous goalkeeper who fumbled everything. Everything the north had worked for during the match seemed to dissepear in front of their eyes as despite going 2 goals up, they proceeded to self-destruct when faced with the skills (And goal hanging :wink: ) of nate. 3 Goals later and the North where facing an unlikely defeat in the face.

Normal play was resumed shortly after wards as an effort from myself found its way past CJ and into the onion bag to put us ahead after Richie had sealed his hatrick from another pinpoint cross from the ever reliable boot of Stevo. At this point, the corrupt FIFA decided that the match shall be decided on a golden goal, despite the North winning 9-8.

Now it was all to play for as the South poured down the pitch looking for the winner after Richie had somehow managed to miss the ball when it seemed easier to score. Just as it seemed the Norths dream was over, the lanky leg of DBTS got enough on the ball to take it away from CJs control. Fast forward a couple of momments later, and it was the same man who was putting the ball in the back of the net after the ball fell kindly to him and he made no mistake.

Post-Match Celebrations report to come when i can be ******.

Oh, and Rainy gets MOTM.
BigScouser
Hannah's Bar used to be a bit of a dive. A good dive like but it's quite smart now they've rebuilt it. Should've gone tbh.

Danke schon, danke schon.

With two strange men I met on the street? :lolwut:
Reply 1878
JessicaW
Yeah. But lols. Those two guys who were standing near me at the bus stop, kept trying to make me go to some place called Hannah's Bar with them.

I'm feeling the love in this thread. :h:

Hannah's is a nice bar like...
izaldo
Hannah's is a nice bar like...

By myself with two men I didn't know, though...? :colonhash:

Latest