Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    solve the bed problem by a lilo or inflatable mattress, and there are showers, but does anyone use them? i've heard some people use the showers at the leisure centre but really, i wouldn't bother. i'd think you'd just notice how much everyone else smells. just have a shower just before you leave and as soon as you get home, and go with deoderant wipes or baby wipes (a lot cheaper) in the mean time

i've been offered places to stay and showers to use in reading by friends of my parents etc, although it's sweet of them, i love camping, especially at festivals...

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead
    /*sums up my Reading*
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    solve the bed problem by a lilo or inflatable mattress, and there are showers, but does anyone use them? i've heard some people use the showers at the leisure centre but really, i wouldn't bother. i'd think you'd just notice how much everyone else smells. just have a shower just before you leave and as soon as you get home, and go with deoderant wipes or baby wipes (a lot cheaper) in the mean time

i've been offered places to stay and showers to use in reading by friends of my parents etc, although it's sweet of them, i love camping, especially at festivals...

Same for me. It sounds ungrateful not staying with them (especially when she got the tickets) but it's my first festival and I want the whole camping experience... even if it means doing it alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    [/B]Same for me. It sounds ungrateful not staying with them (especially when she got the tickets) but it's my first festival and I want the whole camping experience... even if it means doing it alone.
    Don't do it alone! Well to be fair, go and pitch up and you'll probably be adopted by the groups surrounding you. Haha
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Don't do it alone! Well to be fair, go and pitch up and you'll probably be adopted by the groups surrounding you. Haha
    That's my plan. I'm going for the 'I'm so useless lovemelovemeloveme' approach Funny because I'm pretty awesome at camping now...

ReputationRep:
    Though camping is a little uncomfortable (especially if your tent is too small - buy big people!), it did absolute wonders for my back. Also waking up stupidly early in a huge field in the middle of nowhere (Leeds) gives you such a good feeling. Highly recommended :yep:

Deoderant and baby wipes for the win. I took some decent quality wipes so spots were actually clearing up as the weekend went along :gthumb:. I personally take a wee bit of shampoo and stick my head under the taps you find in the camp sites. That'd be my tip, it refreshes me just as much as a regular shower would. I'm such a girl :hubba:

How the hell am I going to choose between Kings of Leon, Faith No More and Billy Talent? *sigh*. The Radiohead and LostProphets clash is also super annoying *sigh*.

ReputationRep:
    Camping is the best part of Reading! I love it, last year I didn't see that many bands and just spent all my time at the campsite, and its so easy just to make friends with the camps around you and you just wouldn't get this if you didn't camp. Last year we adopted these 2 guys that were on there own into our group and also made friends with another camp who had a beer bong.

I agree, deodorant, baby wipes and dry shampoo and your done for the weekend. No one cares about been dirty and stinky when your there and you don't notice it because everyone else smells as well :p:
    There are showers but not many people use them, I used them once last year on the thurs/fri but couldn't be bothered after that, even though some of my friends did, I just stayed with the guys drinking beer for breakfast.

Anyway, I've rambled, but Luuucyx, you should camp, its only for 5 days, you'll regret it if you don't!

ReputationRep:
    The queues for the showers at Leeds are :lolz:

I'm really wishing I'd bought that Sex Pistolsesque 'Never Mind the Reading I'm at Leeds Festival 200x' (x \in \{6, 7, 8\}) t-shirt now. Never thought I'd see the day I switch allegiance :nope:

ReputationRep:
    Dry shampoo + baby wipes = sorted :awesome:

I kid, i'm actually quite hygienic honest :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Though camping is a little uncomfortable (especially if your tent is too small - buy big people!), it did absolute wonders for my back. Also waking up stupidly early in a huge field in the middle of nowhere (Leeds) gives you such a good feeling. Highly recommended :yep:

Deoderant and baby wipes for the win. I took some decent quality wipes so spots were actually clearing up as the weekend went along :gthumb:. I personally take a wee bit of shampoo and stick my head under the taps you find in the camp sites. That'd be my tip, it refreshes me just as much as a regular shower would. I'm such a girl :hubba:

How the hell am I going to choose between Kings of Leon, Faith No More and Billy Talent? *sigh*. The Radiohead and LostProphets clash is also super annoying *sigh*.
    You'll realise you posted that as a joke and will see Faith No More!

ReputationRep:

I live 10 minutes walk from the festival site, but never go back during the weekend for a shower/food. It just ruins the whole festival camping experience plus you then realise how bad everyone else smells!

You can use the showers at the leisure centre, but they will charge you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    You'll realise you posted that as a joke and will see Faith No More!
    Naaaw. Billy Talent for me. Have seen/met Kings of Leon loads before, and absoloutly no interest in FNM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Naaaw. Billy Talent for me. Have seen/met Kings of Leon loads before, and absoloutly no interest in FNM
    And me

Their new album sounds pretty good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I live 10 minutes walk from the festival site, but never go back during the weekend for a shower/food. It just ruins the whole festival camping experience plus you then realise how bad everyone else smells!

You can use the showers at the leisure centre, but they will charge you!
    Free tickets? Jealous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryarn)
    Free tickets? Jealous
    Nothings free in this world, you gotta work for stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Nothings free in this world, you gotta work for stuff
    Oh right, thought the locals were given free tickets because of all the noise, and everything else pollution!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryarn)
    Oh right, thought the locals were given free tickets because of all the noise, and everything else pollution!
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I think Reue actually works for the festival either for Festival Republic or just for the festival itself. I've seen the name around on the official forums and it rings a bell :hmmm:

Edit: Actually i'm very sure he does. He has Youtube videos of them setting up the stages in the arena and other such stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olibert)
    Correct me if i'm wrong but I think Reue actually works for the festival either for Festival Republic or just for the festival itself. I've seen the name around on the official forums and it rings a bell :hmmm:

Edit: Actually i'm very sure he does. He has Youtube videos of them setting up the stages in the arena and other such stuff.
    All makes sense now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    That's my plan. I'm going for the 'I'm so useless lovemelovemeloveme' approach Funny because I'm pretty awesome at camping now...
    thats a really fun way to do it, last year i did that too haha

yeehhh im thinking, stay in the tent then 10 the next morning walk home shower and tame my hair then come back. best of both worlds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryarn)
    We wish! No, the locals do not get free tickets, the only benefit we get is that we can purchase tickets from multiple locations within Reading itself if we are unable to get a ticket online when released.

(Original post by Olibert)

I do some work for Festival Republic during the build up and festival weekend, plus staff on their offical forums

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.