Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

That was a highly enjoyable match. Sagna was excellent, as were our other top performers. I also thought Bendtner actually looked decent after Cesc and RVP came on, though he was invisible for most of the match. I thought that after Leeds scored their wondergoal, we'd be subjected to intense pressure for the rest of the match - but we rallied back very strongly in the second half.

ReputationRep:
      Sagna's goal made me smile

ReputationRep:
      well a very good performance by arsenal to fight out a determined leeds side who gave it their all tbh...bendtner again for me was pretty average apart from that burst through the middle which led to the second goal (although it was his poor touch which led the ball to sagna) and then the cross for the third one which was actually perfect...and arshavin again had a game to forget (dunno why but he just doesn't seem like the player he was before)...looking at out next fixtures we should be winning every game until the barca match...and with the confidence from the wins behind and maybe vermaleen back, who knows what can happen

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Overmars)
      14 goals for Nasri this season. 6 more to get the club record for a midfielder (definitely under Wenger...perhaps of all time? Cookie to anyone who knows if it is). You wouldn't bet against him.
      Pires & Cesc on 19 isn't it? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      With Bolton signing David Wheater this morning, I guarantee the press are going to jump back on the whole Gary Cahill bandwagon again.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevmeister)
      Reems is banned, got himself [?] banned deliberately it seems.
      Then he somehow undid that, apparently the perm-self-ban was while he was pissed.

He then went AWOL

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by In2deep)
      Then he somehow undid that, apparently the perm-self-ban was while he was pissed.

He then went AWOL
      It's not like he's a major loss, he's like Robbie-lite.

ReputationRep:
      I never got on with Reems. :yy:

ReputationRep:
      Lucky win against Leeds with some flukey goals. Oh well. That's football.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Concern'd Viewer)
      Lucky win against Leeds with some flukey goals. Oh well. That's football.
      Oh dear. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by marcusmerehay)
      If Sagna scores like that on a regular basis from now on, then I'll shut up.

ReputationRep:
      His post in the ultimate thread is better :awesome:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by R-KAM)
      His post in the ultimate thread is better :awesome:
      I have never posted in the Ultimate Thread before. :zomg:

That changes now. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
      Sagna > Sergio Ramos

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by antonfigo)
      Sagna > Sergio Ramos
      The most overrated defender in football today, has been for a very long while.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Barça)
      The most overrated defender in football today, has been for a very long while.
      Good attacking full back. But mainly, he assaulted Puyol, brownie points :borat:

ReputationRep:
      Youth Cup tie away at Chelsea tonight, should be a cracker.

On a related note, I wonder if Wenger will let Huddersield play Afobe against us in the FA Cup, given that they've been so courteous as to let him come back to us for the Youth competition - don't see why not.
      • TSR Support Team

Leeds put a good fight up last night but Arsenal were the better side and were always looking capable of scoring even when Leeds up them under pressure.

ReputationRep:
      Youth Cup tie away at Chelsea tonight, should be a cracker.

On a related note, I wonder if Wenger will let Huddersield play Afobe against us in the FA Cup, given that they've been so courteous as to let him come back to us for the Youth competition - don't see why not.
      Also, we let Watt play against us so it wouldn't make much sense if Wenger told a weaker team than Leeds that they couldn't play Afobe (Although he is probably more important to Huddersfield than Sanchez Watt was to Leeds).

R-KAM, 19 is what I thought too. I was wondering if any midfielder for Arsenal had bettered it.

ReputationRep:
      Sagna and Gibbs had a very good game!
      Song bossed midfield, his best season by far!

But Arshavin is seriously lacking confidence, i havent seen his cheeky meercat smile for a while! Nearly everything he did last night didnt go his way!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.