Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Why? I hated immunology when we first approached it in 2nd year, but now at the end of my degree it's actually looks pretty interesting.
    Because I hate immunology :p:

ReputationRep:
    I really like immunology.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Immunology is actually ace.

ReputationRep:
    Immunology is on my exam tomorrow, and therefore sucks.

ReputationRep:
    I love immunology. On that vein, does anyone have access to this article please?
    Investing To Meet The Scientific Challenges Of HIV/AIDS
    Anthony S. Fauci andGregory K. Folkers
    Health Aff November 2009 28:61629-1641;

College has access but not for the last 3 years, wierd subscription, or they just don't want us to learn new stuff...To be fair though, judgeing by the impact factor, its not going to rock the world...

ReputationRep:
    I've been revising immunology today. HATE IT.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polymorphing)
    I've been revising immunology today. HATE IT.
    :five: Yay, somebody else normal

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3159813.stm

ReputationRep:
    So, some SAS folk and a diplomat got nabbed, I'm not convinced that a goup of armed special forces chaps just went down that easily. It all seems just too conveniant. Am I being cynical to think we are helping the rebels and this was diliberate to show Gadaffi that there are assets on the ground?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any reason a seven year-old news non-story has been doing the rounds today?

ReputationRep:
    Very productive day, got 1000 words of SSC done, played some Halo and I've not even had my lunch yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Is there any reason a seven year-old news non-story has been doing the rounds today?

I think it's part of the stratega designed to help the public lose some of the confidence and faith that they have in medical practitioners.

Doctors etc consistently come top, or near top, of the list of the most trusted professions and those *******s in Government don't like it one jot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    I think it's part of the stratega designed to help the public lose some of the confidence and faith that they have in medical practitioners.

Doctors etc consistently come top, or near top, of the list of the most trusted professions and those *******s in Government don't like it one jot.
    Why would the government like trained profesionals? It only reminds them how they're not qualified for their own jobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    :dontknow: I didn't even look at the date :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I did just order Pokémon black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    I don't believe those surveys one bit. For instance journalists come consistently near the bottom, but episodes like the MMR scare prove that people trust journalists more than doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    I don't believe those surveys one bit. For instance journalists come consistently near the bottom, but episodes like the MMR scare prove that people trust journalists more than doctors.
    No, it shows that the general public are as thick as **** and gullible ****ers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    No, it shows that the general public are as thick as **** and gullible ****ers.
    But not gullible enough to believe doctors over journalists?

ReputationRep:
    You guys must have heard about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Anyone believe that sort of stuff has one jot of credibility? It's fine for a bit of fun... I guess, if you're into that sort of thing. But that's as far as it should go.

My uni is holding some careers session/MBTI workshop. This is an actual quote:

Here is an opportunity that will help you to better understand your personality and your preferences which in turn could influence your decisions about your future choice of career.
    I can't believe an institution like Imperial (or Oxbridge, UCL etc or any other academic/research institute) seems to be sponsoring this rubbish as something scientific. Next they'll have ****ing Astrology Workshops.

This stuff has already been discredited. And they want potential suckers students to pay £5 for the privilege.

I want to actually complain.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Really quick question that needs a quick answer. What's the function of palmaris longus? Is it a vestigial muscle like plantaris in the leg? I'm assuming it is since it's apparently missing ~15% of the population.....

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.