http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/ma...-386593292.jpg
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Faith01)
:yep:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/notw...-revealed.html

There are some other links you can find on google, odd couple I know :confused:
:lolwut: it is true as well... wow was weirdos as so far they haven't shown any of that 'chemistry' that a source said was on the show
Faith01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
:lolwut: it is true as well... wow was weirdos as so far they haven't shown any of that 'chemistry' that a source said was on the show
Exactly, I remember when Glenn was PM Zoe was just being a ***** to him and turned the phone off straight away when he wanted to tell her something, how rude of her!
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *Darcie*)
Eww...such a punchable face. I was so happy when Lee McQueen beat him in the final.
ok
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Wait what?
I concur, what!
derp
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh definitely.

What about:

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/ma...-386593292.jpg
Ahahaha yes very punchable. Although I actually quite liked her at the end of her time on apprentice. But then I liked StuBaggs all the way through the last one, so what I think might not be the general consensus!
Wanischa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Zoe pisses me off no end.
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't really understand the 'Zoe bullies Susie without reason' argument. Yes, she over-reacts and seems very easily stressed ... but it's not like Susie was innocently doing nothing to deserve it. The first time it came up was the beauty treatments task; Susie claimed she could sell a ridiculously high amount, then whined that it was unfair that Zoe expected her to be selling that much.

Then come this task... Susie has just as much ability to judge the weight of metal as Zoe, and it was a very unprofessional way to behave. And she did completely miss the point of the idea, ie, she thought that they were meant to be buying the rubbish then re-selling it.

I'm not saying Zoe's a loving and warm person, but I think it's been edited to make her appear the evil cow to sweet, innocent Susie when, in reality, I think a lot of people would get similarly annoyed by Susie's antics.
vn2009
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am glad edna went, she just seems to take credit for the team effort!

Is it one me, or does anyone else think Zoe has it in for Susan?

Seems to be a constant theme of her hating susan in the last few episodes. I dont think Susan is a particularly strong candidate, but she dont deserve to be constantly attacked by Zoe, for no reason.
derp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
Don't really understand the 'Zoe bullies Susie without reason' argument. Yes, she over-reacts and seems very easily stressed ... but it's not like Susie was innocently doing nothing to deserve it. The first time it came up was the beauty treatments task; Susie claimed she could sell a ridiculously high amount, then whined that it was unfair that Zoe expected her to be selling that much.
In principle I agree with you - but Zoe decided to come and have a yell at her about it at such a random time in the day that it was bloody obvious tactical boardroom preparation. So that put me on Susie's side.

Then come this task... Susie has just as much ability to judge the weight of metal as Zoe, and it was a very unprofessional way to behave. And she did completely miss the point of the idea, ie, she thought that they were meant to be buying the rubbish then re-selling it.
Actually she had the RIGHT idea because the rubbish was worth something - if they'd just offered 5 quid for it they would have won the deal. And yes it would have been annoying of Susie to keep going on about weighing the metal but the way Zoe went on and on and on at her for several minutes about it also put me on Susie's side.

I'm not saying Zoe's a loving and warm person, but I think it's been edited to make her appear the evil cow to sweet, innocent Susie when, in reality, I think a lot of people would get similarly annoyed by Susie's antics.
I agree with you about the editing - we are being shown what the BBC want to show us, definitely.
Battenberg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh definitely.

What about:

Just sayin'
TheSownRose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by derp)
In principle I agree with you - but Zoe decided to come and have a yell at her about it at such a random time in the day that it was bloody obvious tactical boardroom preparation. So that put me on Susie's side.
That's quite possibly an editing thing again, though. On You're Fired this (last) week, Edna was saying that her "The person doing the presentation is ... me" speech had a lot edited out where she'd been assigning tasks to other people. I reckon there probably was some reason for Zoe to come down at that point, although I agree there was also some tact in it.

Actually she had the RIGHT idea because the rubbish was worth something - if they'd just offered 5 quid for it they would have won the deal. And yes it would have been annoying of Susie to keep going on about weighing the metal but the way Zoe went on and on and on at her for several minutes about it also put me on Susie's side.
It would have won them the deal ... but she still misunderstood it. Zoe and the other one there (Edna?) understood correctly that they were meant to be charging to take it away, they were just unlucky that the other team were also clueless and went with the "We'll do it for nothing!" strategy.

Yeah, she did go on about it for longer than necessary, I agree. That was probably the 'easily stressed' part. I imagine it being quite a difficult task; the others may not be directly related to anything they do, but it uses quite common, easily transferred skills. This actually required them to know a lot about rubbish hauling business, and seems a very strange task actually.

I agree with you about the editing - we are being shown what the BBC want to show us, definitely.
Absolutely. :yep:
PatrickC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by InvisibleGInger)
I'm sorry but Tom and Jim compliment each other perfectly.
Toms brilliant he's really clever just no-one listens.
Jim is the winner hands down, they were so harsh to him about the pet food one, he came up with the idea AFTER they had decided what market they were going for.

Susie pisses the hell out of me, she's a whining imbecile
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm disappointed in the standard this year. Nobody has a scholorship to Sandhurst :sadnod:
G_S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mandira1)
Check out the Zoe hate thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1670546

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooool I never saw that!!!!!

*Darcie*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Battenberg)
[/CENTER]

Just sayin'
Oh yes I forgot about Ben with his 'scholarship to Sandhurst'. What a knob.
Lex Talionis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It would have won them the deal ... but she still misunderstood it. Zoe and the other one there (Edna?) understood correctly that they were meant to be charging to take it away, they were just unlucky that the other team were also clueless and went with the "We'll do it for nothing!" strategy.
No actually, the whole task was about a sliding scale of subtlety as Nick said during the programme. If taking (valuable) junk away was your job, you would obviously try to maximise your own profit, so if you need to pay £50 to secure £400 worth of metal (whilst also getting rid of rubbish at the same time), you would do it. There are two sides to the business 1) charging to take rubbish away which is mostly applied to pure general waste, 2) securing contracts that involve resellable materials, where you offer the service of removing waste by taking the valuable things as payment. A free service a la Team Logic is good, but to a client, being paid to have things taken away from you is even better, especially if a client knows what they want to dispose of is worth something, they just can't be bothered to do it themselves. Susie saw the potential with the furniture part, hence why she said they should pay for the desks because they were easily sellable. Susie kept asking Zoe about the worth of metals because she was trying to calculate if it was worth offering money to secure that contract. Instead, Team Venture for the scrap metal/rubble client, tried to charge for the removal service, and thus making zilch on that opportunity, when they would have made more money if they had 'bought' the scrap and resold it at a higher value.

This task was interesting in terms of team dynamics because Natasha and Helen from Logic, and Susan from Venture all had the same ideas - that of concentrating on the reselling at a greater profit. Melody from Logic, and Zoe and Edna from Venture preferred to charge for the service. So each team had someone who preferred the other strategy. Ultimately, both teams took a mixed approach and came out with roughly the same results.
InvisibleGInger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PatrickC)
Toms brilliant he's really clever just no-one listens.
Jim is the winner hands down, they were so harsh to him about the pet food one, he came up with the idea AFTER they had decided what market they were going for.

Susie pisses the hell out of me, she's a whining imbecile
So you agree that Tom and Jim should enter a relationship?
derp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by InvisibleGInger)
So you agree that Tom and Jim should enter a relationship?
I feel some slash fiction in the air
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads