Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! how are you all? how are the holidays going? and revision... has it started? i got an exam on the 20th so i have to be all set pretty soon

chinese speaking as well, the one im most nervous for. :O

has everyone got their flat for next year sorted? i got one just up from peckams, off south clerk street. its ace i got a big bay window in my bedroom

hope you are all having good holidays,
    xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I finally have a debit card, y'all!

ReputationRep:
    lucky lucky peeps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    I finally have a debit card, y'all!
    i want one! i want one! i want one!

how do i get one? ive already got a student account with RBS, but i have that crap card that you can only use to get money out of the bank, its not a debitcard.

i want a debit card

ReputationRep:
    Just go into your branch and ask them to give you a Maestro card. They'll have it sorted in no time at all.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long it takes to get our results once we've finished exams??
    Just wondering your results if it affects your course selection for 2nd yr or not?
    Also, I'm hoping to apply for the exchange in 3rd yr, and you have to apply in the fall and I'm pretty sure you need A's and B's to apply - so hoping to find out sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be about the same time as it took for the last exams- a month, maybe six weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Right...

In Spanish my grade is made up of my written/literature exam, a speaking exam, written work handed in throughout the year and a literature essay handed in last term.

What happens if I fail my speaking, but still get 40%+ overall with everything else? As I did my speaking today and lets just say it was the worst exam I have ever done and my Spanish was worse than it was in my GCSE exam 3 years ago... I seriously mean that, I didn't understand the first question as she caught me off guard and from there I just fell appart, and even spoke English as I just literally went brain dead and couldn't think. And it didn't help that I really could not understand her accent.

So um yeah, I've basically failed my speaking exam... will they make me resit it even if I (hopefully) get over 40% with everything else? As I'm in the USA all summer so can't do any resits, so what happens if I have to resit and I can't, will they kick me out of uni?

Carly may know as shes a language person too...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm sorry for your exam, Emma. I hope you'll get it sorted out.

Edinburgh seems to be very efficient. I just got back home only to discover I'd received a university card issue form and a username for MyEd. It just feels so early, it's not even summer yet. I'm not complaning, though, it's nice that they're taking care of everything on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissSmith)
    i want one! i want one! i want one!

how do i get one? ive already got a student account with RBS, but i have that crap card that you can only use to get money out of the bank, its not a debitcard.

i want a debit card
    You have to go into your "local branch" and say "Hey losers, I want a highline card" and in theory it should reach you in a week.

ReputationRep:
    'Ello...

Ok you've all probably forgotten about me already. Just saying hello having forgotten about studentroom. Life has just been so distracting for several months.

*brings up the dreaded topic*
    Hows the exam revision going?

CAN'T BELIEVE FIRST YEAR IS ALMOST OVER!

It seems only a little while ago I was sitting my advanced highers gabbing away to you lot (thats when I actually had free time) about accommodation, courses and stuff like that.

Anyone else wish they could re-do first year? So many things I could have done!

*~Sarah~* x

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! Renza!!! Dude!!! Where've you been?

Had my first today- could've been better, could've been worse, will probably be back in August...

I know...I'm a House Assistant next year though so I get to pretend I'm a fresher again. Part of my job is actually getting involved (not organising, just taking part) in Freshers' Week. How awesome is that.

Btw, love how you returned just when you've REALLY got better things to do.

ReputationRep:
    Hi im thinking of appling here to do computer science or maths. Any suggestions / help

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the Chemical Engineering with Environmental Engineering course is like?

ReputationRep:
    Bored

ReputationRep:
    Also bored.

ReputationRep:
    are there going to be any twins in holland this year ?

ReputationRep:
    *consults magic 8 ball*

"prospects look good"

ReputationRep:
    I flying to Amsterdam at 6am tomorrow morning--I'm not a twin, but there you are...

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Global warming is going to accellerate and Holland is ****ed.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.