Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    5 days... What are people doing with their lives?
    Attempting to snipe on Planetside 2!

ReputationRep:
    All shopping is complete, and all for under £150! I am so excited to just move in now, BRING ON RESULTS!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    I think I'm going to make one of those sheets of information for clearing, convinced myself I've missed my insurance now
    What sorts of things will you include on said sheet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    I take your opinion but I am not in away means an OXBRIDGE, Durham, bristol extra candidate. I am looking at Southampton, UEA, Keele, Swansea and Leicester and will put Leicester as my firm if I get an offer if this helps. I do not care how prestigious the UNI is not being insulting myself but OXBRIDGE is not everything.
    That is the point I am also trying to make. It should only be a universities in about the top 10 that not having a 4th AS might reduce your chances of getting an offer. Most of the Univs you mention should be ok with 3 AS's. Legally ALL Univ's are required to give offers on 3 A2's thereby implying 3 AS's as not all students / schools are in a position to do / provide more than 3 subjects. Basically you should not have a problem getting an offer with 3 AS's. If you were to ask the Univ they would say the same.

Edit : And I don't agree that repeating a year is always bad. If in your repeat year your performance improves you could kind of talk about waking up to realities and pulling up your socks in your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    sorry to butt in i'll also hopefully be doing pharmacy
    whats ur firm and insurance?
    Quite a lot of us on here haha, I've firmed DMU and insure Hudds, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidM95)
    Anyone else with CCEA and getting their results online?
    MEEE!
    I'm getting two with CCEA.

I only have one other subject and I have to go into school just for that.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Divergent;43881473]
    (Original post by EatRainbows_x)

What subject? Pharmacy?
    Yeah it's quite a nice uni ^-^ It's got a good rep so fingers crossed I get AAB!

I know 2 people who firmed for DMU and Hudds for Pharmacy!
    I reckon Hudds especially could be leniant - they should be going into clearing I've heard, so you've got a real good chance of getting in even if you haven't got the grades.
    If not, there is still a uni that wants like BBB or 280 points or something. Can't remember which one, but you can always go there if the worst ever comes (and i bet you will be finee!!)

I'm hoping for AAB and I didn't even sit half my exams due to being ill so I don't even know if I'm going to be granted a grade or anything x
    Yes pharmacy oooh that's made me feel a bit more at ease haha but when a uni is in clearing don't they ask for the same requirments? or are they more lenient?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxMagicMezziexX)
    All shopping is complete, and all for under £150! I am so excited to just move in now, BRING ON RESULTS!!
    xD You're confident. What do you need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    I see what you did there! Haha Same! How did you find the mechanics paper? I hated it
    , it was a lot trickier than normal which made marks easy to drop. I'm annoyed a lot of the topics I liked on the course didn't come up . Did you also do Electrons, Waves, and Photons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    What sorts of things will you include on said sheet?
    Contact details for universities which look promising - just had a look on UCAS and for my course it looks like York and Royal Holloway might be worth a try, for example.
    Key points from my PS to convince unis to take me
    My UCAS ID because I can never remember it!
    My grades from GCSE and AS including module scores

and I'll also buy a copy of the Telegraph I guess. I feel a bit calmer now I have a plan :lol:

ReputationRep:
    With regards to the school opening times, I can't collect any A2 results until 10am so I don't get why other people are complaining about getting them at 8/9...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    With regards to the school opening times, I can't collect any A2 results until 10am so I don't get why other people are complaining about getting them at 8/9...
    I think my school is the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    MEEE!
    I'm getting two with CCEA.

I only have one other subject and I have to go into school just for that.
    I am as well!
    I'm getting Chemistry and Physics although I'm worried because the practical boundaries are always so high and the A2 2 Chemistry paper was a *******...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Hahaha really?! Oh well hope we both get in somewhere! Dreading my chemistry results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    University wise yes Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine What's your offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcQuaid)
    I am as well!
    I'm getting Chemistry and Physics although I'm worried because the practical boundaries are always so high and the A2 2 Chemistry paper was a *******...
    Oh I know. I do ICT and Geography with CCEA and i'm really worried about my ICT, the coursework took me ages and I feel as though I have messed it up. Geography not so much but I do keep thinking about my writing.

It is irritating that I have to travel the whole way into school just to collect one result. There is no benefit of going to school at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    Contact details for universities which look promising - just had a look on UCAS and for my course it looks like York and Royal Holloway might be worth a try, for example.
    Key points from my PS to convince unis to take me
    My UCAS ID because I can never remember it!
    My grades from GCSE and AS including module scores

and I'll also buy a copy of the Telegraph I guess. I feel a bit calmer now I have a plan :lol:
    Thanks, I'd heard a few people suggesting this and it seems like a great idea. Anything to pass the time anyway ha

ReputationRep:
    Waiting on results BCC which isn't so bad. Worried about English Language as its the Welsh board and they're really harsh at marking, anyone else worried about this particular subject? Worried about this more than anything else

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatRainbows_x)
    Quite a lot of us on here haha, I've firmed DMU and insure Hudds, you?
    ikr haha.
    ahh cool whats dmu's offer?
    i've firmed kings and brightons my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Hmmm yeah I'm completely unsure hope I've surprised myself though.
    Hudds & ljmu you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too, hopefully getting into our firms will be a nice surprise
    whats ur offer from hudds?
    i've firmed kings and insured brighton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Have you changed your number?

I remember waking up like "oh fudge, I was meant to be up at 6" :ahee:
    I haven't, it's still the same just have a different phone haha

oh well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.