Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherals)
    Ooo I'm in 60-C

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww I'm in 60-A!

ReputationRep:
    ive been put in victoria hall and i really don't want to live there, does anyone want to swap with me?

ReputationRep:
    Quick question: Has anyone gotten an info pack from Birmingham yet? About what's happening on freshers week, timetable and stuff to bring?
    It's just that some other uni's have sent an info pack already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    I'M DOING NATSCI!! Doing Maths and Chem as my majors, what did you do? I'll be living in Ashcroft
    Wahay! Should be seeing more of me then! I did Biology and Chemistry - I have a few friends doing maths with chemistry tough combo

(Original post by M-Dog)
    Which societies did you join?
    What would you recommend / advise about first yr in general?
    Well I'm an athlete so I joined the Athletics & Cross country club, I joined my course NatSoc society, I did ballroom dancing for the first semester and trialled other ones like Korfball, Pool etc. Next year I'd like to try chamber choir and I'd love to take classes in sign language...

The point is I'd recommend not saying no to anything for a few weeks. Make friends, take people up on offers of joining weird clubs and slowly just do the ones you like.

I'd recommend:
    - Just going for it for a little while but always try to be yourself (it's hard sometimes).
    - Make sure you take lots and lots of meds because you will get ill
    - Once your settled try and get into a routine so you're not constantly tired and sick!
    - Do study, try to keep up with lecture notes. You still want to do well in first year don't start by doing the bare minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Bampton)
    Wahay! Should be seeing more of me then! I did Biology and Chemistry - I have a few friends doing maths with chemistry tough combo
    Are you going to be there during the NatSci social thing in welcome week? I'm more worried about the Chemistry than the Maths! Haven't even got there and I already feel like I'm going to be struggling haha!

ReputationRep:
    Any other chem engineers/engineers in liberty court?

ReputationRep:
    Any Biochemists in Shackleton?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Bampton)

Well I'm an athlete so I joined the Athletics & Cross country club, I joined my course NatSoc society, I did ballroom dancing for the first semester and trialled other ones like Korfball, Pool etc. Next year I'd like to try chamber choir and I'd love to take classes in sign language...

The point is I'd recommend not saying no to anything for a few weeks. Make friends, take people up on offers of joining weird clubs and slowly just do the ones you like.

I'd recommend:
    - Just going for it for a little while but always try to be yourself (it's hard sometimes).
    - Make sure you take lots and lots of meds because you will get ill
    - Once your settled try and get into a routine so you're not constantly tired and sick!
    - Do study, try to keep up with lecture notes. You still want to do well in first year don't start by doing the bare minimum.
    Woaah cool stuff!!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i have filled in everything in order to register as a student but i cant seem to find the final button to submit everything off!!
    All the sections have 'ticks' on each section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Wing)
    Any other chem engineers/engineers in liberty court?
    Hey im doing chemical engineering, im not living there though :P you excited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiwwi)
    Quick question: Has anyone gotten an info pack from Birmingham yet? About what's happening on freshers week, timetable and stuff to bring?
    It's just that some other uni's have sent an info pack already.
    I've had a pack from my subject about what they are doing for freshers/first couple weeks, but nothing about the official freshers!

ReputationRep:
    What freshers packages are people buying? vvvvery confused right now. Don't really want to buy the whole lot if people normally just go for the standard one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianSpice)
    I've had a pack from my subject about what they are doing for freshers/first couple weeks, but nothing about the official freshers!
    Oh, what are you studying? My college hasn't sent any welcome information yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeClark)
    What freshers packages are people buying? vvvvery confused right now. Don't really want to buy the whole lot if people normally just go for the standard one
    I bought the Freshers' Fest Plus package because it included more events. My flatmates went for the same tickets, so hopefully I will go to some of the events with them. Try talking with your flatmates to see what ticket they've got.

I don't especially enjoy the clubbing scene, nor drink at all, but I thought I could attend a few night events, and meet new people. I really do want to make the most of freshers' week and have a good time!

I think most people went for the freshers' fest plus ticket because they either didn't exactly know which events they were going to attend or wanted to try everything. I reckon some only bought the freshers' ball ticket too (I heard some big names were going to perfom!) You can sell your tickets later on if you can't make it to all the events.

It depends on what kind of experience you want to have, really...
    Go with an open mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace .)
    Oh, what are you studying? My college hasn't sent any welcome information yet...
    Psychology I'm sure you will get one soon, imagine some schools are faster than others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianSpice)
    Psychology I'm sure you will get one soon, imagine some schools are faster than others
    Ah cool Yes, you're right. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-Dog)
    Guys, i have filled in everything in order to register as a student but i cant seem to find the final button to submit everything off!!
    All the sections have 'ticks' on each section.
    If you've filled everything in and signed the University Charter bit then it automatically submits it for you, you should have got an e-mail confirming that you've registered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsfdsfdsf)
    If you've filled everything in and signed the University Charter bit then it automatically submits it for you, you should have got an e-mail confirming that you've registered.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    Are you going to be there during the NatSci social thing in welcome week? I'm more worried about the Chemistry than the Maths! Haven't even got there and I already feel like I'm going to be struggling haha!
    Being a rep I should really make the effort haha. Well I'm Alex remind me when you see me

Chemistry starts off like wtaf but it does get better once you start actually understanding mechanisms haha. Maths is the bad one but not if you're a whizz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lw260)
    Anyone doing Philosophy this year or got accommodation in Victoria Hall near B38-4??
    I'm in Victoria Hall B50! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.