Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Met my conditions but Track hasn't updated it yet

That's the last step, just to see the place officially confirmed
    Good for you. Congratulations Imperial, isn't it?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koyo)
    I was predicted BAAB.... I actually got CBBB :/ I already have an unconditional for The University of Edinburgh but I'm still really disappointed to have dropped grades from my prelims >.<
    At least you still have the unconditional :yep:
    Don't worry about those grades, they're still really good
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koyo)
    I was predicted BAAB.... I actually got CBBB :/ I already have an unconditional for The University of Edinburgh but I'm still really disappointed to have dropped grades from my prelims >.<
    You're already off to uni, so what that means is your school grades no longer matter. I guarantee you won't care in the slightest in a couple of years!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davfrescoo)
    I've looked at strathclyde and glasgow's business and engineering and minimum entry requirements are all either AABBB or AAABB.. It's really getting me down
    Glasgow's Engineering website:

"Applicants who achieve less than AAAB or AABBB in S5 but have achieved at least ABBB (including Maths) MAY receive an offer based on S6 results. A decision will be made in March 2015 once all applications have been reviewed."

There is still a good chance you could get an offer, but it would be conditional on your results in S6. Remember there will be plenty of other universities that would most definitely consider you with those grades.

ReputationRep:
    Will I have to phone the school for investigation results? I'm a bit reluctant to - perhaps I could just wait till I get to university since they should have a record of them.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD208)
    Will I have to phone the school for investigation results? I'm a bit reluctant to - perhaps I could just wait till I get to university since they should have a record of them.
    There's no harm in trying :yes:

ReputationRep:
    SAE Institute Glasgow would like to announce that we DO have a few last remaining places in Clearing!

We have 4 places on our BA/BSc Audio Production course
    We also have 5 places remaining on our BA/BSc Digital Film Making

please call 03330 112 315 or visit our website and click on "clearing 2014" to find out more...

ReputationRep:
    Is AAACC equivalent to AAAB? The uni is asking for AAAB in one sitting if you did 4 subjects, but I did 5 and got AAACC in one sitting is it the same?

ReputationRep:
    I Got a C in both Higher Chemistry And Biology
    if i do advance higher in them both in sixth year as in my school your are allowed to sit the subject if you get a C or above.
    And if I get an A in both Advance Higher Chemistry And Advance Higher Biology will my results from fifth be basically erased or will university still look at them.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajae)
    thanks!! Though Ive just logged onto UCAS and there has been no change in the application like it still stays my firm is UCL and insurance is St Andrews and there have been no updates since march (when i received offers from them) I assume UCL haven't received my results yet???
    Sorry I was away for a bit - if you haven't received a UF/Accepted or Denied in UCAS, then you should ring the uni in question and speak to them directly!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hope456)
    Is AAACC equivalent to AAAB? The uni is asking for AAAB in one sitting if you did 4 subjects, but I did 5 and got AAACC in one sitting is it the same?
    It doesn't matter how many subjects you do, you still need one B (or higher) unfortunately. However, if you talk to them, they might still be willing to accept you :yes:. Check what it says on your Track, or phone them
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD208)
    Will I have to phone the school for investigation results? I'm a bit reluctant to - perhaps I could just wait till I get to university since they
    should have a record of them.
    Yeah, unfortunately phoning (or going down in person) is the only way to find out, haha!
    Unis won't have your investigation results. :no: They don't get sent everything!

(Original post by hope456)
    It depends. Generally, no. You'd have to get at least AAABC to qualify for AAAB, but some universities will still accept AAACC. The only way to find out for sure is if you get in touch with that uni themselves!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airess3)
    Omg! Aberdeen Uni still accepted me even though I missed their condition by one grade! Super happy right now !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry about the delay, but I'm really happy for you!!! Told you its worth checking!!!
    Congratulations!!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD208)
    No one gives a **** about marks It's your choice if you want to find out though and you would need to contact the school.

ReputationRep:
    Grade Boundaries, if anyone's interested:

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/...aries_2014.xls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Yeah, unfortunately phoning (or going down in person) is the only way to find out, haha!
    Unis won't have your investigation results. :no: They don't get sent everything!
    Ah ok. I mean I can phone up I did it last year but its just er... awkward.

You're at Edinburgh, right? Is it just the grades they will have a record of?

My offer was unconditional but I haven't received a welcome pack yet and I'm not sure if I should have. I think I'll get in touch with them anyway just to make sure I've not missed anything.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHD7726)
    I Got a C in both Higher Chemistry And Biology
    if i do advance higher in them both in sixth year as in my school your are allowed to sit the subject if you get a C or above.
    And if I get an A in both Advance Higher Chemistry And Advance Higher Biology will my results from fifth be basically erased or will university still look at them.
    Unfortunately, universities will still look at them, especially for medicine. :sadnod:

(Original post by RD208)
    Ah ok. I mean I can phone up I did it last year but its just er... awkward.

You're at Edinburgh, right? Is it just the grades they will have a record of?

My offer was unconditional but I haven't received a welcome pack yet and I'm not sure if I should have. I think I'll get in touch with them anyway just to make sure I've not missed anything.
    Think they might be sending out welcome packs in the next week or so (they won't send them out until after results day! Maybe even until after A-level results day on the 14th), but no harm at all in e-mailing! Yeah, I'm at Edinburgh (da coolest uni in Scotland :cool:)

ReputationRep:
    Oh my...

AH Maths

A1 - 76
    A2 - 66
    B - 54
    C - 43
    D - 37

Very low, although not entirely surprising.

ReputationRep:
    Woop! Even though I missed my conditional slightly I still got in to Aberdeen to study politics!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. Over da moon.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD208)
    Oh my...

AH Maths

A1 - 76
    A2 - 66
    B - 54
    C - 43
    D - 37

Very low, although not entirely surprising.
    Pretty standard for AH maths

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.