Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    Great news, good luck with it!
    Thank you, im on hyper mode now, so happy

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Cardiff Met yet? I have heard absolutely nothing since I applied before Christmas. Also, has anyone heard anything from Uni of Manchester (I had an interview but haven't heard anything since?). I've received an offer from BCU which is so exciting but was just wondering if anyone has heard from Cardiff Met or Uni of Manchester at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jredwards21)
    Has anyone heard from Cardiff Met yet? I have heard absolutely nothing since I applied before Christmas. Also, has anyone heard anything from Uni of Manchester (I had an interview but haven't heard anything since?). I've received an offer from BCU which is so exciting but was just wondering if anyone has heard from Cardiff Met or Uni of Manchester at all?
    A few people have had offers from Cardiff I think - you wont hear from Manchester - they tell everyone at the same time when all interviews are over - it will be at least March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeen93)
    Thank you, im on hyper mode now, so happy
    Congrats on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    I think Leeds hate me.
    Still no news???? Have you heard anything from DMU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jredwards21)
    Uni of Manchester are letting us all know on 2nd March, that's what they said at the interview anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    Uni of Manchester are letting us all know on 2nd March, that's what they said at the interview anyway
    The first Leeds offers should come through soon if they work the same as last year (first replies came about 10-14 days after the first interviews).

Still keeping everything crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amypewwy)
    Just got an offer from BCU! Really surprised but so happy, finally an offer ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Congrats for the offer you will love it here! I am also study at BCU and its really really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    The first Leeds offers should come through soon if they work the same as last year (first replies came about 10-14 days after the first interviews).

Still keeping everything crossed for you!
    Ooo so sometime next week then. I'm not holding my breath for Leeds though! But we shall see haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeen93)
    Just an update for anyone who cares....I HAVE AN INTERVIEW FOR BCU 11th of March - anyone else the same date?
    That's fabby news! Well done and best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    A question for you all... do you think Marjon has a particularly good or bad reputation? I'm getting mixed messages from people and really questioning what to do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madagascar)
    A question for you all... do you think Marjon has a particularly good or bad reputation? I'm getting mixed messages from people and really questioning what to do??
    I really don't know. In SLT its good because of the dysphasia course and doing placements across such a big area. On the other hand, when people asked where I'd applied to and I said Marjon I got a mixture of 'haha, doing a doss? Sports Science eh?' and 'hahah so Marjon is your if all else fails then'...

I really don't know where I stand with it I'm reluctant to put it as either my firm or insurance because I keep getting bad responses to telling people I applied there :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soufflekitty)
    I really don't know. In SLT its good because of the dysphasia course and doing placements across such a big area. On the other hand, when people asked where I'd applied to and I said Marjon I got a mixture of 'haha, doing a doss? Sports Science eh?' and 'hahah so Marjon is your if all else fails then'...

I really don't know where I stand with it I'm reluctant to put it as either my firm or insurance because I keep getting bad responses to telling people I applied there :s
    Hmm... I'm really deliberating whether to put it as my first choice or not. I have an offer for Newcastle and it's between the two for my first choice. I liked both courses and the tutors were really nice at both open days and interviews. Marjon is easier location wise for me but Newcastle seems to have an amazing reputation. On one hand people are telling me Marjon isn't a good uni but on the other hand people are saying as long as I get the qualification it doesn't matter where I do the course. This is so confusing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if Marjon has a bad reputation or if the other unis are just favoured as they are larger!
    I met with a speech therapist in my area who had recently graduated from Marjon and she said she loved it there! It kinda depends on your preferences.. but I made it my firm choice earlier because I loved the look of it so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Still no news???? Have you heard anything from DMU?
    I keep calling them and they're just spinning me around. I got told 2 weeks ago that I'd hear within the next week, then, I called yesterday and was told to expect a response next week -_-

DMU sent my interview pack! So excited, but nervous Got the interview on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soufflekitty)

Just to say the majority of speech therapy managers are not that bothered where you did your degree. All the courses enable you to practice as a SLT which is all that matters. How you translate your skills in your application will get you an interview for a SLT post, not where you qualified 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkymama)
    Just to say the majority of speech therapy managers are not that bothered where you did your degree. All the courses enable you to practice as a SLT which is all that matters. How you translate your skills in your application will get you an interview for a SLT post, not where you qualified ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you that is really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    Does the Speech and language science have you qualify as a speech therapist though? Hopefully it's good news from Sheffield did you have an interview at mmu?
    It doesn't, but you do study half of the same modules as on the SLT course but it would mean I'd need to do a postgrad course in order to qualify as an SLT. I didn't have interview from mmu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    I still think there are more interview dates to come at BCU and when I spoke to them they said they were extremely busy. Hopefully, you will hear from them soon.
    I heard that as well, but a lot of people are getting interviews and I haven't heard anything. I've got my fingers crossed! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhimair)
    I've had an update through UCAS for Marjon, confirming my conditional offer. I was aware that the required grades are ABB. What's confused me a bit is that it says that I need these grades from English Language AND Psychology/Sociology/Biology. However on the uni's webpage it says I need at least one of those subjects (not that I have to take English lang). I'm only taking Psych from the above choices (but have an AS in Biology). I'm wondering whether this is only a blip on UCAS' part (which I hope). Has anyone else had the same update, or knows what's correct?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The conditions i got were the same. I don't take English either, so i am a bit confused :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.