Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, could you tell me if freshmen are going to have personal tutors, as it happens in other universities? And, generally speaking, how many hours a week do we have lectures?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cosimo96)
    Hi guys, could you tell me if freshmen are going to have personal tutors, as it happens in other universities? And, generally speaking, how many hours a week do we have lectures?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think everyone gets a personal tutor, but how often you see them will differ between courses. I'm required to attend weekly tutorials with mine, for example, but I'm sure that's not the case for others.

The number of hours of contact time you have each week can be very different from course to course. I'd say the average is probably around 15 hours but for some arts and humanities courses it could be less while for some science and engineering courses it could be significantly more.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!! I have an unconditional offer from Manchester which i'm probably going to firm. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend any of the accommodation campus tours To anyone who's been, are there any major differences between Richmond Park and Sheavyn House? They seem pretty similar, i've heard that Sheavyn is slightly bigger (not sure if that's true). Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Firmed Manchester for law however I have not received a single email from Manchester since. Is this normal? My insurance sent me an email a few days later about making them my insurance and have since sent me emails/newsletters but nothing from Manchester?

Thanks and good luck with your offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 345423KNL)
    Hey guys,

Firmed Manchester for law however I have not received a single email from Manchester since. Is this normal? My insurance sent me an email a few days later about making them my insurance and have since sent me emails/newsletters but nothing from Manchester?

Thanks and good luck with your offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some universities send out more emails than others, and at different speeds. I don't think I received anything after firming Manchester, though I was applying for a completely different course.

You can always contact them if you're particularly worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    What are the dates of fresher's week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckbaskerville)
    What are the dates of fresher's week?
    21st September.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other Economists? Specifically BEconSc, there doesn't seem to be many on the Facebook groups. I am far too lazy to read back though this thread, haha

ReputationRep:
    Any IBFE applicants ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydille)
    Any IBFE applicants ?
    Yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any IBFE applicants ?
    Yees! Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasdfghjkl)
    Are there any other Economists? Specifically BEconSc, there doesn't seem to be many on the Facebook groups. I am far too lazy to read back though this thread, haha
    Me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any IBFE applicants ?
    Me! Another fellow IBFE applicant, finally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquatix96)
    Me! Another fellow IBFE applicant, finally!
    Are you firming Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshH3)
    Are you firming Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I already have firmed them, and applied to Sheavyn, Oak (no basin) and Richmond for accomodation. Have you firmed them?

ReputationRep:
    I already have firmed them, and applied to Sheavyn, Oak (no basin) and Richmond for accomodation. Have you firmed them?
    Haven't firmed yet can't decide between Manc and Birmingham! Prefer the course at Birmingham slightly the modules appeal to me more and it has a year abroad, but I prefer Manchester as a city a lot more! Applied for accommodation sheavyn, Richmond and woolton but probably going to change woolton to oak as it looks a lot more social

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshH3)
    Haven't firmed yet can't decide between Manc and Birmingham! Prefer the course at Birmingham slightly the modules appeal to me more and it has a year abroad, but I prefer Manchester as a city a lot more! Applied for accommodation sheavyn, Richmond and woolton but probably going to change woolton to oak as it looks a lot more social

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 things. What course have you applied for at Birmingham? Which city is closer to home?

ReputationRep:
    2 things. What course have you applied for at Birmingham? Which city is closer to home?
    International business, and Birmingham but i don't see manchesters distance from home being a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if it's possible to change course at this stage from Management(marketing) to International Management, if I emailed them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PearJosh)
    Anyone know if it's possible to change course at this stage from Management(marketing) to International Management, if I emailed them?
    Yes, you can, email them and they'll send you a form to complete.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.