Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    There are indeed. I got one just last week and all the Feb interviewees (and some December interviewees) are still to hear as far as I'm aware
    Thanks, Dr Django. Also, congrats on the offer. I have been keeping watch on student room over the past few weeks now to hear if there have been any notifications during this selection process. At the moment I have had 2 rejections, waiting to hear from one of my choices and still waiting to hear back from Exeter after having my reserve interview two weeks ago.

Did you have a reserve interview initially? Also what do you think the odds are of me getting a conditional offer if I am put on the reserve list initially?

Any advice would be most appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've set up a Facebook group for Exeter medicine offer holders and there are a couple of current first years on there who can answer any questions you have etc. Let me know if you want the link

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    Hey guys, I've set up a Facebook group for Exeter medicine offer holders and there are a couple of current first years on there who can answer any questions you have etc. Let me know if you want the link
    Please could you share the link with me?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from February 10th interview (not reserve, just normal)? Tia x

ReputationRep:
    Have any of the feburary reserve interviewees heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    Hey, could you send me it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovescience123)
    Hey, could you send me it?
    PM'd you!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

At at this moment I am waiting to hear back from Exeter after I had received a reserve interview but I need some advice. I am being told that if I am not successful then I may be made an offer for medical science, but I am not sure whether to do the course or not. I have wanted to go into medicine for years now and I think that I would reject an offer for an alternative course, and instead take a gap year and reapply in October. Does anyone know whether or not I would be rejected from Exeter if I was to reapply there in October if I have already had a reserve interview?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview coming up in 2 weeks and I can't find anywhere that tells me whether or not it's a normal interview or MMI. Can you please help me
    thank you

(Original post by alfresco_)
    Did you guys choose Medical Sciences (if they offered you it after rejection)?
    And what were your UKCAT scores?

My rejection e-mail said I was close to the threshold for selection so something like this would be nice

ReputationRep:
    I got my interview email late as the first one never actually got to me. It's in two weeks and I'm freaking out. All I'm seeing are people getting rejected and I'm scared ****less. My interview is in two weeks. Does that mean I'm going up against literally everybody?

(Original post by Sugarpuffx)
    Yeah I get the feeling we're competing against those guys although some more interviews were just given out to people who exeter had already rejected once. So who would these rejected interviews be up against? And since these interviews are in March, will it increase the waiting time?

I think we'll hear in March, but it's just guess work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caobi)
    I have an interview coming up in 2 weeks and I can't find anywhere that tells me whether or not it's a normal interview or MMI. Can you please help me
    thank you
    It's a panel

ReputationRep:
    I wonder just how big this reserve list is going to be. I'm due for a reserve interview in a couple of weeks so i'm just contemplating what the chances are of doing well enough in the interview to get put on the reserve list in the first place and then enough people missing their conditions of their offer so that people on the reserve list have a shot at being offered a place. Also, i'm confused as to what i should do for student finance in the meantime

ReputationRep:
    So who's firming Exeter? (I suppose most of you are waiting till after the open day?)

I'm gonna wait for my final response but almost certainly firming.

ReputationRep:
    So who's firming Exeter? (I suppose most of you are waiting till after the open day?)

I'm gonna wait for my final response but almost certainly firming.
    Trying to decide: the A* condition is off-putting tbh so more likely firming Plymouth (don't want the world to collapse in August).

Still waiting on BSMS (and UEA) but we'll see how she feels after tomorrow's Open Day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Gin)
    Trying to decide: the A* condition is off-putting tbh so more likely firming Plymouth (don't want the world to collapse in August).

Still waiting on BSMS (and UEA) but we'll see how she feels after tomorrow's Open Day...
    I can understand that as Manchester asking for an A* means that I haven't really considered them as I don't want loads of stress (again) come august.

Wherever we go will be awesome so it's all about getting in really
    Have a good day tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    What does have a reserve interview mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazybug18)
    What does have a reserve interview mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically they see that you have potential. If you do well in the reserve interview then you will be put on a reserve list and should places become available at a later date then they may make you an offer for the BMBS course.

Do you have a reserve interview this month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wackyboi123)
    Basically they see that you have potential. If you do well in the reserve interview then you will be put on a reserve list and should places become available at a later date then they may make you an offer for the BMBS course.

Do you have a reserve interview this month?
    Thanks yeah I just got one today for March 26th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can understand that as Manchester asking for an A* means that I haven't really considered them as I don't want loads of stress (again) come august.

Wherever we go will be awesome so it's all about getting in really
    Have a good day tomorrow
    Thanks Django

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone who went on the offer holders day firming Exeter?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.