OCR F581 Markets in Action - 11 May 2015 Watch

kieranfitchett
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for the public goods question i said that the areas were non excludable but the increasing use of the land for business purposes made the area rival as the firms using the area as well as the leisure area becoming smaller made simultaneous consumption more difficult. any ideas?
Lori Barnes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Guys I pooped in the exam and basically wrote nothing for the essay!!
TazLi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KhamZ_98)
Hey guys, attached is the unofficial mark scheme put together by
- Makishima
- Annie
- Zayn (KhamZ_98)
- Will
- Johnathon

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post55658931
Hi, amazing mark scheme btw ahaha. Also for ped i also put time as they become more elastic as time increases but you haven't mentioned that
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TazLi)
Hi, amazing mark scheme btw ahaha. Also for ped i also put time as they become more elastic as time increases but you haven't mentioned that
There is some more stuff that should be added, so don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slenderman
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just realised I pretty much failed this exam..

1. Economic problem , I defined it write then talked about ****ing food and water.. When it was land. ****.
2. Was fine.
3. I did a rookie mistake and did producer surplus but defined the term right.
4. One on PES, was good.
5. The question was worded so dodgy on stuff that makes PED more elastic. Wow, failed that. Maybe 1/4?
6. I think I did horrible in this as well. Maybe 3-5/6
7. I did well in this I think 5-6/6
8. Essay went orite I think I could of done better.

**** my life, I ran out of time so I couldn't change stuff. I even knew in the exam but time was gone. Wow, I'm feeling so distrought now because of this. I bet even if I did really well in macro I cant get an A.
Beatcontroll
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KhamZ_98)
Hey guys, attached is the unofficial mark scheme put together by
- Makishima
- Annie
- Zayn (KhamZ_98)
- Will
- Johnathon

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post55658931
Guys great job on the mark scheme!
KhamZ_98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chloe-jessica)
Not going to lie, I was very dubious as to how an unofficial mark scheme would turn out as I don't think an econ mark scheme is as easy to produce as, for example, a maths mark scheme, but it looks like you guys have done a really good job thank you
Thanks!
We used previous mark schemes to make rough guesses for how marks would be allocated. The comments at the end are our personal thoughts and should not be used to determine how easy/hard the paper really was.
kieranfitchett
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Slenderman)

1. Economic problem , I defined it write then talked about ****ing food and water.. When it was land. ****.
2. Was fine.
4. One on PES, was good.
5. The question was worded so dodgy on stuff that makes PED more elastic. Wow, failed that. Maybe 1/4?

**** my life, I ran out of time so I couldn't change stuff. I even knew in the exam but time was gone. Wow, I'm feeling so distrought now because of this. I bet even if I did really well in macro I cant get an A.
i wouldnt worry about it, thing with economics exams as long as you get something in every question you can come out with a pretty decent result, i got 48 last year and still ended up with a C after a 90 in macro but there's always the retake option (which was me today)
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

2. Was fine.
4. One on PES, was good.

1. Water is a scarce resource as well (it could be generalised into land, or made specific -ie just water). Food is out of place though...?
5. Many people confused the determinants of demand with the determinants of the price elasticity of demand. They may adjust the boundaries accordingly.

Nice job though! That's definitely not bad -at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Formless
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzx...9JelJwa0k/view

UNNOFICIAL MARK SCHEME
Veiw with discretion
Slenderman
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kieranfitchett)
i wouldnt worry about it, thing with economics exams as long as you get something in every question you can come out with a pretty decent result, i got 48 last year and still ended up with a C after a 90 in macro but there's always the retake option (which was me today)
I'm assuming UMS? If I got like 43-48/60 how much UMS is that?
KhamZ_98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TazLi)
This is why its an unofficial mark scheme. Just because we did not mention it, it does not mean that its wrong. OCR have several meetings during the marking periods and will alter their mark schemes according to how different candidates answered the questions.
Consider this a "first draft" of what the final mark scheme will look like from OCR.
Makashima
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME LINK BELOWhttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3316517Not perfect but please appreciate our effortWe hope you did well and you will get them AsLove you! <3
Slenderman
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by *Stefan*)
1. Water is a scarce resource as well (it could be generalised into land, or made specific -ie just water). Food is out of place though...?
5. Many people confused the determinants of demand with the determinants of the price elasticity of demand. They may adjust the boundaries accordingly.

Nice job though! That's definitely not bad -at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idk I rushed at the end, I just stuck food in thinking it was right. I left all of it in. And I hated the determinents question, I just couldn't work out the wording.

Well, what can I do. I need to smash macro though. I need to get like 85+/100 UMS and hopefully I can land an A overall
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We can't know yet. It could be all the way from a B to a high A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecconomist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi everone, I just realised that I didn't address the 'significant' aspect of why a price will rise using demand and supply. Was it expectig an inelastic demand curve with the fall in supply or maybe expecting two shifts which really would significantly increase the price.

I only shifted supply to left with full explanation and analysis of how this happened and why price increased... how would this respose do providing it was a 6 marker?
kieranfitchett
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
not entirely surely on UMS , but A's usually start at 47-49 dependent on the difficulty of the paper.
2014_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow... fantastic mark scheme!!
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ecconomist)
Hi everone, I just realised that I didn't address the 'significant' aspect of why a price will rise using demand and supply. Was it expectig an inelastic demand curve with the fall in supply or maybe expecting two shifts which really would significantly increase the price.

I only shifted supply to left with full explanation and analysis of how this happened and why price increased... how would this respose do providing it was a 6 marker?
This is easily the most debatable question -the inclusion of significant made it tricky.

I personally shifted both curves, but I don't see why any shift at all would be incorrect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2014_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A has only ever been between 42 & 49.
There have been much easier papers than this year so I would be extremely surprised if the grade boundary for an A even dared to go above 49.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (122)
39.74%
No - but I will (16)
5.21%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.51%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise