Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    #AskGibbs and #AskKoscielny on Twitter have predictably been hijacked by trolls. Arsenal's social media dept aren't the best are they?
    Every club does it and every club has them hijacked by trolls, why do they even bother?

ReputationRep:
    Rofl at drinking the water bottle. Going to do that from now on whenever I'm in an awkward social situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    #AskGibbs and #AskKoscielny on Twitter have predictably been hijacked by trolls. Arsenal's social media dept aren't the best are they?
    What was said?

ReputationRep:
    Team for Palace then? Ideally Sanchez/Walcott will get a game to find some sharpness for Monaco but hard to know who to leave out. Always feel like Welbeck is decent in these kind of aways though so he should start. Maybe Jack Wilshere will get some came time as well if we're doing well. I'd play Bellerin/Monreal vs Monaco and the English wing backs tomorrow. And Szczesny needs a recall

I'll have Szczesny, Chambers, Kosc, Mert, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    The last time we played Arsenal in the cup we beat them with a midfield consisting of Rafael Gibson O'Shea and Fabio. Then the time before that, we won 4-0 and contributed towards the complete collapse of their season. We've also beaten them in 2 semi finals and completely outplayed them in the 2005 final, only losing on penalties.

I'm not worried at all. We all know what's going to happen, Arsenal will have all the possession without doing much with it and then we'll kill them off with a counter or two or three. Then their fans will moan to Robbie about De Gea/the referee/Wenger Out etc whilst completely ignoring the deficiencies in their own side.
    Just hope Van Gaal doesnt win the cup tbh. Scraping past 3 League 1 sides, then pulling off the non-event of a Utd win vs Arsenal is a sickening way for him to get to Wembley given how poor Utd really are.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Just hope Van Gaal doesnt win the cup tbh. Scraping past 3 League 1 sides, then pulling off the non-event of a Utd win vs Arsenal is a sickening way for him to get to Wembley given how poor Utd really are.
    Hey, Cambridge are a League Two side!

I hope we face Bradford and then West Brom or someone like that. Let's Chelsea our way to the trophy.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Exactly this. Would rather Liverpool win it tbh but my ideal winners at this stage would be Bradford they might as well be rewarded for the triumphs against PL opponents. I mean, that spanking of Chelsea at the bridge in itself is worthy of silverware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Hey, Cambridge are a League Two side!

I hope we face Bradford and then West Brom or someone like that. Let's Chelsea our way to the trophy.
    That prick LVG would just sit their gloating like he'd won the CL if that happens.

The only salvation is surely some kind of Mike Basset style hypnosis on the Arsenal squad or if Rooney doesnt play. He personifies everything I hate about Arsenal/Utd games
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That prick LVG would just sit their gloating like he'd won the CL if that happens.

The only salvation is surely some kind of Mike Basset style hypnosis on the Arsenal squad or if Rooney doesnt play. He personifies everything I hate about Arsenal/Utd games
    Rooney loves playing Arsenal doesn't he!

Henry was the same tbf. Never turned up at OT but he always seemed to ****ing score at Highbury.

ReputationRep:
    Team for Palace then? Ideally Sanchez/Walcott will get a game to find some sharpness for Monaco but hard to know who to leave out. Always feel like Welbeck is decent in these kind of aways though so he should start. Maybe Jack Wilshere will get some came time as well if we're doing well. I'd play Bellerin/Monreal vs Monaco and the English wing backs tomorrow. And Szczesny needs a recall

I'll have Szczesny, Chambers, Kosc, Mert, Gibbs, Coquelin, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud?
    I like this team. Think this is what wenger will go with except maybe Monreal starting. Hopefully he unleashes walcott vs monaco.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the FA cup game is a foregone conclusion. I understand that Arsenal fans are cautious to show any optimism given our record vs United but we shouldn't write ourselves off. We showed at the emirates we can dominate them but just need some better finishing. We had lots of key players missing in that game too.

Being at the toilet makes United favourites but I'm confident we can at least take it back to the emirates.

ReputationRep:
    I've actually gotta feeling we may knock them out; 10 years since we beat them in the final, LCG as manager etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    I don't think the FA cup game is a foregone conclusion. I understand that Arsenal fans are cautious to show any optimism given our record vs United but we shouldn't write ourselves off. We showed at the emirates we can dominate them but just need some better finishing. We had lots of key players missing in that game too.

Being at the toilet makes United favourites but I'm confident we can at least take it back to the emirates.
    That's definitely true. If we're unlikely to beat Utd at OT then they still need to beat us there to avoid a replay at the Emirates. And the bookies have them at 5/4 to manage that so might be alright on the night
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by De Chirico)

We also had a defence containing 2 academy players and 2 wingers, with our best DM injured and our other one playing half fit.

Arsenal always dominate us and then we kill you on the counter. To say you dominated the game really doesn't mean anything unfortunately. It's been the case for nearly every game we've played since 2007.

ReputationRep:
    Games won against post-Fergie Utd:
    Man City 3
    Liverpool 2
    Everton 2
    Swansea 2
    Sunderland 2
    Tottenham Hotspur 1
    Chelsea 1
    Southampton 1
    Stoke City 1
    West Bromwich Albion 1
    Newcastle 1
    MK Dons 1
    Arsenal 0

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna back Arsenal to get revenge for ten years of hurt and break Man U hearts - first by knocking them out of the FA cup and going on to win in, the next by beating them in the PL and knocking them out of the top 4.

As long as Jack doesn't play of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddyP)
    I'm gonna back Arsenal to get revenge for ten years of hurt and break Man U hearts - first by knocking them out of the FA cup and going on to win in, the next by beating them in the PL and knocking them out of the top 4.

As long as Jack doesn't play of course.
    Think Arsenal will beat United in the FA cup but that they won't make the Top 4 this season.

I predict the English teams in the Champions League next season will be Chelsea, City, Southampton, Spurs, and Everton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    Think Arsenal will beat United in the FA cup but that they won't make the Top 4 this season.

I predict the English teams in the Champions League next season will be Chelsea, City, Southampton, Spurs, and Everton.
    5 teams. One of which are 12th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He means Everton will win the Europa League, which will earn them a place in the CL next year.

Stupid rule imo, Everton clearly aren't good enough for CL football. League form should dictate who enters into Europe's best competition. Devalues the CL with inferior quality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Learn the rules buddy. :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.