The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Scientists in a bid to analyse why he's the world's weakest man.

Nah he should do the wise thing and retire
(edited 8 years ago)
Cheeky from Alexis to say that Arsenal "haven't won enough".
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Ain't gonna be the same without Diably..even though we, erm..never really saw him, I guess.. :erm:

Diably
Original post by shawn_o1
Cheeky from Alexis to say that Arsenal "haven't won enough".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33072299

Lool init, meh it's an okay attitude I suppose. Hopefullyy it resonates with the rest of the squad. We have to move on tbh, get the bigger trophies.
That's a great attitude to have. Sanchez is a winner. That's what Liverpool, Untied and City don't have enough of - and Arsenal have lacked them over the past decade.

He isn't content with just being a leader, he's a born winner. That's a fantastic attribute in the PL and will stand him in good stead for next season, you'd imagine.

I think he can be aggrieved with the early CL exit, but the PL was unachievable after Mourinho strengthened Chelsea last summer and I guess you can be disappointed with the nature of the defeat to Southampton at the Emirates in the League Cup, but that type of result happens and Southampton were enjoying a resurgence under Koeman at the time.

Forster was great on the night too, if I recall correctly.
It's astounding for Diaby after 124 appearances for Arsenal he's had 40 injuries. It's peak for man especially when you know he's capable for a lot more without them setbacks.
Yeah Sanchez has a winning mentality and glad he's said that, need his words transitioned into our squad so we can improve next season.
Scenes when you have a bus parade for the Community Shield.
The view Sanchez has expressed already ran throughout the team. Don't think you'll find anybody who's content with what we currently have and who doesn't want to win the league or CL. Everybody at the club from Wenger to the tea lady want more success.

It's certainly been more than an "OK" season. The very nature of English football means 3rd and retention of the FA Cup is more than OK. You don't retain the FA Cup without the squad having a strong pre existing winning mentality. There's only 1 team in the league who wouldn't swap their season with us and that's Chelsea. I don't know how he can call this season "disappointing". There's a difference between being ambitious and unrealistic. No English team let alone Arsenal is nowhere near the level of Barca it's a bit crazy to be demanding CL finals.

I think the squad are at that point mentally and in terms of quality(after some transfers hopefully) to launch a proper title challenge now. I think we'll have a very good chance of winning the league.
Original post by sevchenko
The view Sanchez has expressed already ran throughout the team. Don't think you'll find anybody who's content with what we currently have and who doesn't want to win the league or CL. Everybody at the club from Wenger to the tea lady want more success.

It's certainly been more than an "OK" season. The very nature of English football means 3rd and retention of the FA Cup is more than OK. You don't retain the FA Cup without the squad having a strong pre existing winning mentality. There's only 1 team in the league who wouldn't swap their season with us and that's Chelsea. I don't know how he can call this season "disappointing". There's a difference between being ambitious and unrealistic. No English team let alone Arsenal is nowhere near the level of Barca it's a bit crazy to be demanding CL finals.

I think the squad are at that point mentally and in terms of quality(after some transfers hopefully) to launch a proper title challenge now. I think we'll have a very good chance of winning the league.

This essentially.

I think you'd struggle to find any player from any elite European club who wouldn't express disappointment at not winning more trophies.

By the very nature of the sport, only one team can win the league. That means some of Europe's most historic and decorated clubs miss out, and thus players who want silverware are disappointed.

I'd be more concerned if he came out and said he was content with just one trophy a season.
Arsenal in bid for Chelsea bus
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Arsenal in bid for Chelsea bus

Banter of the highest order. Funny how you call out everyone else for it...

Sev is such a fanboy.
Original post by Depleted
Banter of the highest order. Funny how you call out everyone else for it...

Sev is such a fanboy.

Did you steal Kenan and Kel's avatar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPB2XSwVX0

Good luck Abou, absolutely class on his day, could have been one of the best were it not for Duncan Smith and all those injuries!
RIP Diaby. Sods law says he goes to another club and becomes a GOAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or goes to jail for playing too many games with the youth academy
Original post by Toussaint
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPB2XSwVX0

Good luck Abou, absolutely class on his day, could have been one of the best were it not for Duncan Smith and all those injuries!

Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that happens, then I will be happy for him.

Lol

Meant dan smith, not Duncan.

Latest