The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
I just received an email asking for health form and Dbs. However they have not asked for references?
Does anyone know how far back the Dbs checks go?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1881
Original post by kimmyknx
I received the certificate in the post too, but does it mean anything?

Does this mean we are scheduled for Nov start?

What role was this for?
Reply 1882
Has anyone received their DBS certificate for O grad role in London? I got my DBS form last week and assumed it would be progressing and rang DBS to be told that they haven't got an application under my name. Has anyone else whose completed their DBS form rang DBS to check if they've got an application under you name yet? Id recommend you check with them to see if there's any progress. Thats a week wasted now!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kimmyknx
I received the certificate in the post too, but does it mean anything?

Does this mean we are scheduled for Nov start?

I got my certificate 3 weeks ago and even a Civil Service Pension pack last Saturday, but I have had no contact regarding any start date.
Original post by Scottgib
I got my certificate 3 weeks ago and even a Civil Service Pension pack last Saturday, but I have had no contact regarding any start date.

Is this all for the June campaign?

I suppose people are receiving them at different times. I did hear something in regards to a November start....but oh well only time will tell
Yes, mine was the June campaign with interview in August.
Original post by Waki7866
Is this all for the June campaign?

I suppose people are receiving them at different times. I did hear something in regards to a November start....but oh well only time will tell

No, i applied August last year and had interview September 2015 belive it or not.
Reply 1887
Yes June campaign
Reply 1888
Original post by N-Dulge
I applied for the 042R campaign (internally) and had my interview last week on Wed in Nottingham.. they told me the results would probably be up by the end of this week, although others have been told differently. Anyone been told any different?

I applied for the HEO role and had my interview in leeds last Thursday, i was told 3 weeks
Reply 1889
Original post by sac14
I just received an email asking for health form and Dbs. However they have not asked for references?

You have to declare all convictions. Hmrc have an exception as far as 'spent' convictions are concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think a November start date is really pushing it at this point. If you only had one or two people starting then yeah you can get them in at pretty short notice. When you have hundreds starting it's a logistical nightmare for everyone involved, and everyone needs a long run-up to it. I know I've said it before on this thread, but I have to give MINIMUM 1 month's notice (ideally 6 weeks, if possible) and so assuming I got a formal offer and handed my notice in tomorrow, we'd be looking at mid-November at the very earliest. I went up to HMRC last week to hand in my forms / show ID etc for the background checks, and I would assume those take at least a couple of weeks under normal circumstances - looking at the experiences of those on this thread, these checks can take much longer. So I'm not holding my breath for a formal offer to come through this month.

My theory is they wanted to get people started in November - I think that was the original plan, but I guess they're struggling with the numbers (the people I saw last week weren't HR, they were Ops, said they'd been drafted in to help HR out with this) and I reckon they're rethinking the start dates.

I hope I'm right, as a start date early next year would be absolutely ideal for me. But time will tell, guess we all just have to sit tight and wait.
Original post by sac14

I guess it depends on which campaign your on. Are you on 1321?
Reply 1892
Original post by GNH
You have to declare all convictions. Hmrc have an exception as far as 'spent' convictions are concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont have any convictions but i lived in Spain from 2009 to 2013, so im worried that if they cant check for that period it will go against me.
Reply 1893
Original post by memoryfish
I guess it depends on which campaign your on. Are you on 1321?

Reply 1894
Original post by sac14
I dont have any convictions but i lived in Spain from 2009 to 2013, so im worried that if they cant check for that period it will go against me.

Ah right I see. Not sure it would go against you for DBS but they may just look for references because of that period of non-employment in the UK.
Reply 1895
Original post by GNH
Ah right I see. Not sure it would go against you for DBS but they may just look for references because of that period of non-employment in the UK.

Hopefully. Thanks
1320 applicant. Manpower seem rather lacklustre and inefficient. Doesn't bode well for those part of the more recent recruitment process currently still at the sifting stage.

I'm anticipating start dates toward the end of January, maybe even early February. These man are moving bookey bruv and fully messing with my plans 😡 Kmt
Reply 1897
Hello I'm at provisional offer stage, received first email requesting checks Monday and have had a second one today, now entitled caseworker, has anyone else had multiple requests?
Original post by sac14

I have a gap in employment for 1.5 years as I took some time off to travel. I just explained that on my DBS (you have to explain any gaps) so that will cover you and you don't need to worry.
Original post by simplymekaty
I have a gap in employment for 1.5 years as I took some time off to travel. I just explained that on my DBS (you have to explain any gaps) so that will cover you and you don't need to worry.

I have a similar gap, I dont recall any chance to explain this, especially with the DBS stage (so far)
Basically I received the link in the Civil Service Portal (the next stage part when the form is filled) and filled out basic details plus sent the health declaration....however I dont recall this.....could you please tell me more? Is it at a more advanced stage you were allowed to explain this or was it for the stage explained above.

Latest

Trending

Trending