Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If Barca can't win it two years in a row then I'll settle for Pep winning it to shut his retarded critics up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Maybe but City seem to be full of surprises.
    Nobody except Barca haven't looked vulnerable at times....and Barca just went out.
    bayern were vulnerable vs Juventus but really should have been out of sight in the first leg, the second leg after their subs they were pretty dominant and there was only 1 winner from there.

Also PSG have themselves to blame(Ibra in particular) for missing a clear cut chance in the first leg and a penalty. When City actually scored their first goal PSG really should have been 2 up and it's game over.

It's not that they were full of surprises it was that PSG couldn't finish a kids dinner ffs.
    Would be awesome for Pellegrini to win the CL in his last season. Would be great for English co-efficient too, especially if Liverpool progressed tonight.
    Would be great for the coefficient but I prefer Atlético to win. Simeone was so close to it 2 seasons ago so I'd like to see them win it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine every neutral will be supporting Atletico?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I'd imagine every neutral will be supporting Atletico?
    A really unlikeable set of clubs left in it though this would have been the case even with Barca left.

I don't care who wins it just as long as it isn't Man. City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    A really unlikeable set of clubs left in it though this would have been the case even with Barca left.

Why are Barca unlikeable, why are Atleti unlikeable?

ReputationRep:

What's so unlikable about Simeone's men?

ReputationRep:

Or Real

ReputationRep:

Yea but Atletico will be perceived as underdogs as the poorest (in relative terms) club left in the tournament. The way they lost in the final a couple of years ago will also mean people will talk about how "they deserve to win this time" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parties in LA)
    Why are Barca unlikeable, why are Atleti unlikeable?
    Barca just remind me of Celtic even though I like a lot of their players.

Atleti's finances. First club to be sanctioned by FFP, when they signed Falcao half the money was paid by a company called Doyen, despite that they still failed to keep up with payments on that relatively small amount. Made out to be some plucky underdogs.

Would still back them over Real Madrid though.

(Original post by The Wavefunction)
    What's so unlikable about Simeone's men?
    The players? Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yea but Atletico will be perceived as underdogs as the poorest (in relative terms) club left in the tournament. The way they lost in the final a couple of years ago will also mean people will talk about how "they deserve to win this time" :rolleyes:
    :laugh: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Why would you hate city anyway? Back the only English club left in the tournament.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Then again the only thing English about city is Hart and Sterling so I understand why people dont

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Why would you hate city anyway? Back the only English club left in the tournament.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    bayern were vulnerable vs Juventus but really should have been out of sight in the first leg, the second leg after their subs they were pretty dominant and there was only 1 winner from there.

Also PSG have themselves to blame(Ibra in particular) for missing a clear cut chance in the first leg and a penalty. When City actually scored their first goal PSG really should have been 2 up and it's game over.

It's not that they were full of surprises it was that PSG couldn't finish a kids dinner ffs.

Would be great for the coefficient but I prefer Atlético to win. Simeone was so close to it 2 seasons ago so I'd like to see them win it.
    Yeah I suppose you're right.

In fairness to Bayern, Juventus are a top quality side and they can make pretty much anybody look vulnerable.
    PSG certainly underperformed but that shouldn't be to take away too much from City who did what they needed to do and did it well.

I doubt few would mind if Atletico won - it's always great to see the underdog do it, especially with a likeable manager who gets the most out of his players. Similar to Klopp with Dortmund a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I think trophies in the year is also a factor, especially if you can win the champions league, but yeah form from October on is pretty much all that's required providing your name is Messi or Ronaldo. No one else stands any real chance, regardless of how well they play at this moment in time.

Yeah, Portugual will lose to the first half decent side they meet, such a mediocre side (in b4 Portugual win euros).

I can see Kane, and England having a good Euros tbf, with Kane joining Madrid in the summer
    Ribery won all 5 trophies in 12/13 before the 2014 awards. Still finished 3rd.

Agree wrt to Messi/Ronaldo

ReputationRep:
    That made me laugh.
    Read the post beneath u mug

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Read the post beneath u mug

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I saw it. That's not the reason they are disliked.

Tottenham have a lot of English players will you be supporting them in the CL next season when Arsenal get knocked out?

ReputationRep:
    swirly

Views on trees?

ReputationRep:
    Top quality poster ^

ReputationRep:
    The Joe Allen effect.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.