Turn on thread page Beta

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK! watch

• View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.00%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    45.53%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    21.47%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    What CP is it? If it's not near max in the curve, you might as well save up and get another 50 candies that you'll need to power the Gyarados to something decent? That said, if it has a terrible moveset, you might not bother with wasting the stardust.

Nice work on the Jolteon. I just evolved one at CP 1200 but since I've already powered an Electabuzz to CP 1600 I think I'll leave it.. I tried to get a high CP Flareon (nicknamed Pyro) and it evolved into another Vaporeon

They've also removed Pidgey and Rattata being hatched from 2km eggs. Not sure if these changes have gone through or if they will in the next update?

The removing Eevee might make it easier to hatch a Chansey for me..

I may upset you by telling you that I evolved a Machamp with Karate Chop/Cross Chop as the moveset.. I'm going to have to try out on a Snorlax and see how I do!

So you won't be pleased to hear that I evolved two low IV pokemon
    I evolved a 62% dratini into a Dragonite (Dragon Breath/Dragon Pulse - shame about the charge move) and also a 48% Machop into Machamp (Karate Chop/Cross Chop)..

My reasoning is that while I could evolve 80% pokemon, the CP was way lower and so rather than having a 2580 Dragonite and a 2040 Machamp, they would've been around 1950 and 1450!

So that's 141 to my pokedex with just a damn Chansey left. No idea how I'm going to get that since I think I had my rush of 10km eggs recently so probably won't see any for a while. Has anyone seen a wild one? I've caught everything else in the wild (5 Mr Mimes in the last day ) except Aerodactyl but I did see one spawn. Not ever seen a Chansey even spawn nevermind catch

So my strongest pokemon are as follows

Dragonite - CP 2584
    Snorlax - CP 2516
    Vaporeon - CP 2367
    Gyarados - CP 2266
    Lapras - CP 2161
    Arcanine - CP 2087
    Machamp - CP 2040
    Victreebel - CP 2029
    Slowbro - CP 2026
    Venusaur - CP 2024
    Vileplume - CP 2009

Also got Poliwrath CP 1992, Muk CP 1927 and Exeggutor CP 1922 which I'd like to get past CP 2000 but I won't be able to with Poliwrath since I need to level up before I can power any more. Also an Electabuzz CP 1622 to help with Gyarados.

Overall pretty pleased with what I've ended up with. Ideally would've power Lapras and Arcanine more but struggling for candies. That's me pretty much done other than perhaps trying to keep an eye out for a Chansey.
    Magikarp's CP is only 133 so not particularly great.
    You lucky *Insert word not used in civilised conversation here* for getting a Machamp with a GOOD moveset other than my trainwreck on a Machamp....

Yeah I think I've had my fill of bad luck on this game so far so here's hoping my luck picks up soon...
    Also, am 1 candy short of evolving my Growlithe (84% IV) into an Arcanine. Can't be worse than my other one which had really good IVs (transferred it yesterday) but the worst possible moveset.

Worst case scenario, I get an Arcanine with a similar/same moveset but better IVs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Magikarp's CP is only 133 so not particularly great.
    You lucky *Insert word not used in civilised conversation here* for getting a Machamp with a GOOD moveset other than my trainwreck on a Machamp....

Yeah I think I've had my fill of bad luck on this game so far so here's hoping my luck picks up soon...
    Also, am 1 candy short of evolving my Growlithe (84% IV) into an Arcanine. Can't be worse than my other one which had really good IVs (transferred it yesterday) but the worst possible moveset.

Worst case scenario, I get an Arcanine with a similar/same moveset but better IVs...
    In which case I'd catch another dozen or so and see if you hatch any. Seems low leveled and IV's not as good as it could be? But then my Gyarados is 100%

Yea I've had some luck. Dragonite moveset isn't amazing but so powerful that fine. Exeggutor didn't get Solarbeam and I had an Arcanine with Bulldoze. Otherwise I've got plenty where they had the decent move (so Lapras with Ice Beam, Arcanine with Flamethrower, Vaporeon with Aquatail) rather than the best moves.

They really need to add TMs to the game so you can get enough candy and then fix the moveset!

ReputationRep:
    In which case I'd catch another dozen or so and see if you hatch any. Seems low leveled and IV's not as good as it could be? But then my Gyarados is 100%

Yea I've had some luck. Dragonite moveset isn't amazing but so powerful that fine. Exeggutor didn't get Solarbeam and I had an Arcanine with Bulldoze. Otherwise I've got plenty where they had the decent move (so Lapras with Ice Beam, Arcanine with Flamethrower, Vaporeon with Aquatail) rather than the best moves.

They really need to add TMs to the game so you can get enough candy and then fix the moveset!
    My bad, I guess you can get a worse moveset than the one I got initially...
    Initially I got Firefang and Bulldoze... now I got Bite and Bullldoze...

FML...
    On the plus side though, got my first 10k egg in like 3 weeks. =D

ReputationRep:
    My bad, I guess you can get a worse moveset than the one I got initially...
    Initially I got Firefang and Bulldoze... now I got Bite and Bullldoze...

FML...
    On the plus side though, got my first 10k egg in like 3 weeks. =D
    Ouch that is bad! Bite isn't terrible as it charges up very quickly (I complained with Gyarados but actually it's pretty good) with Firefang a pretty slow attack.

Ugh so I've been stalking Fastpokemap to see if a Chansey appears nearby. Not seen a single one ever on the map. Did see 3 Lapras and 3 Snorlax within 30 mins of me but none close enough to get to within the 10-15 mins they appear. So many Mr Mimes too.. did they suddenly make him really common?

Good luck with the egg! Bet it's a Chansey so you can spite me..

ReputationRep:
    <insert multiple posts here>
    I'm level 27 atm, I'm not hatching many eggs really since I'm not playing the game much so it makes sense! No tips for catching a Chansey, they are pretty damn rare and don't have any nests afaik.

Yeah, a 2500 CP Dragonite at 60% is far, far better than a 1900 CP Dragonite at 80%. The 80% one has more potential, but it's unlikely to ever be reached so the difference is minimal at best really. Same with Machamp, I have one at 80% but it's only 1600 so it's a bit **** really and I don't have the Stardust to power it up. Also, don't worry about Dragon Pulse. It's not Hyper Beam, but you get the 20% STAB so it's barely any different. Mine has Steel Wing -_- .

Side note: They should make Stardust available for purchase. I would buy that **** straight away.

Damn, you're at 141? Me too! (I think). I still need Muk and Omastar though (I have a Tauros so one region exclusive is down). Grimer is up to 27 candies, but it is barely changing now that the buddy system is back to normal. Damn I wish I had that 4x candy for another 2 weeks!

As for Mr. Mimes, they've been common for a long time now (since late August I think) because people were upset that the region specific Pokemon were too rare even in their own country.

This is completely unrelated, but I replaced my laptop's keyboard with a brand new one today and OH MY GOD THIS IS SO GOOD EVERYTHING IS SO SMOOTH AND IT TYPES PERFECTLY YUSSS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I'm level 27 atm, I'm not hatching many eggs really since I'm not playing the game much so it makes sense! No tips for catching a Chansey, they are pretty damn rare and don't have any nests afaik.

Yeah, a 2500 CP Dragonite at 60% is far, far better than a 1900 CP Dragonite at 80%. The 80% one has more potential, but it's unlikely to ever be reached so the difference is minimal at best really. Same with Machamp, I have one at 80% but it's only 1600 so it's a bit **** really and I don't have the Stardust to power it up. Also, don't worry about Dragon Pulse. It's not Hyper Beam, but you get the 20% STAB so it's barely any different. Mine has Steel Wing -_- .

Side note: They should make Stardust available for purchase. I would buy that **** straight away.

Damn, you're at 141? Me too! (I think). I still need Muk and Omastar though (I have a Tauros so one region exclusive is down). Grimer is up to 27 candies, but it is barely changing now that the buddy system is back to normal. Damn I wish I had that 4x candy for another 2 weeks!

As for Mr. Mimes, they've been common for a long time now (since late August I think) because people were upset that the region specific Pokemon were too rare even in their own country.

This is completely unrelated, but I replaced my laptop's keyboard with a brand new one today and OH MY GOD THIS IS SO GOOD EVERYTHING IS SO SMOOTH AND IT TYPES PERFECTLY YUSSS
    Ah I'm level 28 but the difference is probably in eggs hatched for the difference in stardust.

Well looks like Fastpokemap has gone down for good so I think that's game over on ever finding a Chansey to catch

Will need to try out the Dragonite and Machamp in a gym. Every gym is level 10 with 2500+ pokemon in London now. Gym change seems to have broken it when it moved to 6 for training own gym. I even saw one gym which had 9 Dragonites which were 2900-3100..

Yea being able to buy stardust or selective eggs or TMs to change moves would've made them a fortunte. They need to release the legendaries and then move onto release the Johto set otherwise people will lose interest? Maybe the plan is for the spring once the weather gets better.

Omanyte nest moved to Kensington Garden (other side of Hyde Park) and Omanyte spawns are like 5 every 15 minutes.

Hmm I didn't see that many Mr Mimes before whereas over the past few days since the 6th migration I've seen them almost as common as pidgey at some times..

Leveling up is boring since the grind doesn't really add anything or tier it. I guess I could try and power up a few pokemon but even that is tedious. Unless I work out how I can get a Chansey I might not bother anymore. Not sure Niantic have really thought through the practicalities of the game.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm level 28 but the difference is probably in eggs hatched for the difference in stardust.

Well looks like Fastpokemap has gone down for good so I think that's game over on ever finding a Chansey to catch

Will need to try out the Dragonite and Machamp in a gym. Every gym is level 10 with 2500+ pokemon in London now. Gym change seems to have broken it when it moved to 6 for training own gym. I even saw one gym which had 9 Dragonites which were 2900-3100..

Yea being able to buy stardust or selective eggs or TMs to change moves would've made them a fortunte. They need to release the legendaries and then move onto release the Johto set otherwise people will lose interest? Maybe the plan is for the spring once the weather gets better.

Omanyte nest moved to Kensington Garden (other side of Hyde Park) and Omanyte spawns are like 5 every 15 minutes.

Hmm I didn't see that many Mr Mimes before whereas over the past few days since the 6th migration I've seen them almost as common as pidgey at some times..

Leveling up is boring since the grind doesn't really add anything or tier it. I guess I could try and power up a few pokemon but even that is tedious. Unless I work out how I can get a Chansey I might not bother anymore. Not sure Niantic have really thought through the practicalities of the game.
    I have to wonder about their business model tbh. They made a fair amount of money when the game was at its peak but if they sold TMs, Stardust, Eggs, Great/Ultra balls, Revives, Max Potions etc they'd have made so much more money. Especially on TMs and Stardust. I completely agree with you in that interest has been massively lost in the game. They need to introduce legendaries or do something to spark interest. I don't think releasing Johto would help much tbh, it's more about the actual gameplay imo and the game just gets boring after a while. They need to switch it up. I also don't think they thought the levelling system through either, because it's going to get to a point when people can't level up for months at a time (imagine if the levels get extended to 100 for example, 99->100 would probably take 1 billion exp).

Hopefully they switch things up soon, otherwise I don't see the game lasting another 6 months tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I have to wonder about their business model tbh. They made a fair amount of money when the game was at its peak but if they sold TMs, Stardust, Eggs, Great/Ultra balls, Revives, Max Potions etc they'd have made so much more money. Especially on TMs and Stardust. I completely agree with you in that interest has been massively lost in the game. They need to introduce legendaries or do something to spark interest. I don't think releasing Johto would help much tbh, it's more about the actual gameplay imo and the game just gets boring after a while. They need to switch it up. I also don't think they thought the levelling system through either, because it's going to get to a point when people can't level up for months at a time (imagine if the levels get extended to 100 for example, 99->100 would probably take 1 billion exp).

Hopefully they switch things up soon, otherwise I don't see the game lasting another 6 months tbh.
    I don't think they have a business model tbh. They obviously had Ingress before and they developed a lot of back story into it. I imagine they paid Nintendo a big fee or a portion and so they didn't want to try and have a fully developed game in case it went badly. Some rumours that Nintendo pushed Niantic to release early (before the game was ready) so it came out during the summer.

So some basic game released and then the game was something like 50x more traffic than anticipated so they've struggled with demand and cheaters so always playing catch up.

Yea the entire game-play needs to be rethought. It just doesn't work. I think they tried to mirror the curve for xp level up as for the original game. Te issue being that in the original games, the xp you gain also curves up (not as extensively but still does) whereas in Pokemon Go it doesn't change at all and if anything, the rate of new pokemon dramatically drops and so you then get less xp than expected.

I'm not sure how much they can switch up when the game is based around throwing pokeballs?

Crazy how much games now hype and peak but then crash dramatically too. I imagine with FPM back up for a short period and the Halloween candy boost meant that loads of people maxed out their pokedex and their interest will drop too. Gyms are pointless and don't change much either so that's another element of the game which is down the drain.

Instead of daily quests to get a bit more xp and stardust, it should've been specific quests to get a "rare candy". So for example your quest would be to catch a diglett and for completing you get a rare candy = something you can use instead of any specific candy. That way all the casual players would have enough incentive to keep logging in every day. The active players are already capped by the max curve of a pokemon so you wouldn't be giving out that much rare candy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they have a business model tbh. They obviously had Ingress before and they developed a lot of back story into it. I imagine they paid Nintendo a big fee or a portion and so they didn't want to try and have a fully developed game in case it went badly. Some rumours that Nintendo pushed Niantic to release early (before the game was ready) so it came out during the summer.

So some basic game released and then the game was something like 50x more traffic than anticipated so they've struggled with demand and cheaters so always playing catch up.

Yea the entire game-play needs to be rethought. It just doesn't work. I think they tried to mirror the curve for xp level up as for the original game. Te issue being that in the original games, the xp you gain also curves up (not as extensively but still does) whereas in Pokemon Go it doesn't change at all and if anything, the rate of new pokemon dramatically drops and so you then get less xp than expected.

I'm not sure how much they can switch up when the game is based around throwing pokeballs?

Crazy how much games now hype and peak but then crash dramatically too. I imagine with FPM back up for a short period and the Halloween candy boost meant that loads of people maxed out their pokedex and their interest will drop too. Gyms are pointless and don't change much either so that's another element of the game which is down the drain.

Instead of daily quests to get a bit more xp and stardust, it should've been specific quests to get a "rare candy". So for example your quest would be to catch a diglett and for completing you get a rare candy = something you can use instead of any specific candy. That way all the casual players would have enough incentive to keep logging in every day. The active players are already capped by the max curve of a pokemon so you wouldn't be giving out that much rare candy.
    Yeah, I think the daily quest idea is a last ditch effort to increase activity in the game. The issue though is that an extra 500 exp per day or whatever it is won't make people suddenly start playing the game. More likely they're going to log on, catch 1 Pokemon and go to 1 Pokestop and then turn the game off (that's my current plan once they're eventually released).

This is without even mentioning the fact that the tracking system is STILL BROKEN. They started testing their other tracking system in San Francisco in August and they just now put in place in 2 other cities. IT ALREADY ****ING WORKS JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY YOU **** HEADS.

I love the idea of rare candy as candy that is universally used. It would be difficult to implement, but if you get 1 rare candy per daily quest (and maybe 5 for the 7 consecutive daily quests) then you could get quite a lot of candy for those rare Pokemon - whether they are rare for your area or just rare in general.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think the daily quest idea is a last ditch effort to increase activity in the game. The issue though is that an extra 500 exp per day or whatever it is won't make people suddenly start playing the game. More likely they're going to log on, catch 1 Pokemon and go to 1 Pokestop and then turn the game off (that's my current plan once they're eventually released).

This is without even mentioning the fact that the tracking system is STILL BROKEN. They started testing their other tracking system in San Francisco in August and they just now put in place in 2 other cities. IT ALREADY ****ING WORKS JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY YOU **** HEADS.

I love the idea of rare candy as candy that is universally used. It would be difficult to implement, but if you get 1 rare candy per daily quest (and maybe 5 for the 7 consecutive daily quests) then you could get quite a lot of candy for those rare Pokemon - whether they are rare for your area or just rare in general.
    Well any game needs to entice people into logging in daily. I'm not sure I will log in anymore - don't think it's enough of a reward really.

The new tracker thing isn't great since it only shows pokemon next to a pokestop I think? Shooting themselves in the foot imo. The other thing they could've done is just released an item which shows you the location of all pokemon for 30 mins - would give them a huge revenue too if someone used an item purchased each time they see a wild Snorlax/Lapras/Dratini etc.

ReputationRep:
    Why does Fastpokemap have to be down?!

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478453697.364062.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  73.8 KB

Seriously...
    Went out looking for this...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why does Fastpokemap have to be down?!

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478453697.364062.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  73.8 KB

Seriously...
    Went out looking for this...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brutal.. I think FPM is gone for good now. Niantic patched the route they had in to get in

Never going to find that Chansey I needed..

ReputationRep:
    So I evolved my THIRD Gyarados today and got ****ING TWISTER AGAIN AHAHSKSNDBJDNSBDFDJDN

On another note, I caught a roadside Muk today and finally evolved Omanyte so my Pokedex is currently complete! Or as complete as it can be, anyways. I also caught a 740 CP Dratini, so I think I'm going to try and evolve that at the moment, but once that's done then I'm probably done as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    So I evolved my THIRD Gyarados today and got ****ING TWISTER AGAIN AHAHSKSNDBJDNSBDFDJDN

On another note, I caught a roadside Muk today and finally evolved Omanyte so my Pokedex is currently complete! Or as complete as it can be, anyways. I also caught a 740 CP Dratini, so I think I'm going to try and evolve that at the moment, but once that's done then I'm probably done as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn I hate you for having a Chansey

ReputationRep:
    Damn I hate you for having a Chansey
    Then you probably won't like my new Dragonite either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Then you probably won't like my new Dragonite either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not that fussed about Dragonite since I finally have one (even if mine is 130 CP lower than yours). Just need to find a few dratinis to power mine up a little more.

I seem to only be picking up 5km eggs now too. Where are the 10km eggs when you desperately want one?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that fussed about Dragonite since I finally have one (even if mine is 130 CP lower than yours). Just need to find a few dratinis to power mine up a little more.

I seem to only be picking up 5km eggs now too. Where are the 10km eggs when you desperately want one?!
    Haha, that's fair enough. A Pokemon like Chansey is all about luck to be honest and it's not like you're gonna find one in a city centre

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for the double post, but some massive news out in the past few hours:
    - Daily streaks are now officially active (once you update the game)
    - Breakdown of the code has shown that the new update contains code for Ditto and ALL THE GEN 2 POKEMON.
    - Pokestops are now speedlocked - you can't activate them if you're going over 25mph
    - Pokestops now give out more items than previously
    - Gyms are now twice as hard to level up
    - Gyms are now twice as easy to take down

I think that's all that happened in the update.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's fair enough. A Pokemon like Chansey is all about luck to be honest and it's not like you're gonna find one in a city centre

Posted from TSR Mobile
    10km egg is probably my best hope. I never even saw a Chansey on FPM whereas I probably saw about 5-10 Lapras and Snorlax over a week period.

Apologies for the double post, but some massive news out in the past few hours:
    - Daily streaks are now officially active (once you update the game)
    - Breakdown of the code has shown that the new update contains code for Ditto and ALL THE GEN 2 POKEMON.
    - Pokestops are now speedlocked - you can't activate them if you're going over 25mph
    - Pokestops now give out more items than previously
    - Gyms are now twice as hard to level up
    - Gyms are now twice as easy to take down

I think that's all that happened in the update.
    Be interesting to see what the weekly spawn for pokestop items is with the bonus? Considering pokestops are already giving out way more items. I really should've expanded my bag since 350 items isn't enough..

The gym change is good imo. Took forever to take a gym down before whereas now it should take less than half the time. I might knock one down tonight to test out the Dragonite.

The extra stardust is nice - works out as an extra 5,000 per week (which is the same as catching 50 pokemon usually).

Ugh I have like 80 evolutions ready but no lucky egg. Going to be a pain to get 60 more coins with so many level 10 gyms..

ReputationRep:
    Well, my 10k egg hatched into what is easily the most useless thing you can get from a 10k egg...

Jynx...

Also, used my Incense today and got sweet FA...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.