The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

amar09
cool. where? do you get paid? how did you get the job?
thanks.

Here.

I do get paid indeed :biggrin:

Job was advertised through college.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
whf555
I was wondering when you recieved the letter about the open day because i was under the impression that UCL would wait till mid January to give out open day invitations considering the next one was in Feb

Today :smile:
Reply 1882
El Mariachi
Here.

I do get paid indeed :biggrin:

Job was advertised through college.

I did work experience there in August - where you there then? LOL how amazing is that!? We were both in the same building for two whole weeks!
2strong
I did work experience there in August - where you there then? LOL how amazing is that!? We were both in the same building for two whole weeks!

Haha really! Mental! I think I remember you, was it you and and a girl for two weeks yeah?
ucas will send u emails at 12:00 and 5:00 but track can update any time around them
Reply 1885
El Mariachi
Haha really! Mental! I think I remember you, was it you and and a girl for two weeks yeah?

Ye ye, me and this FIT chink! My days man, swear down, she was so fit, she was a model as well! And AS IF you remembered us?! Hows everything back there? Its all good I hope!
2strong
Ye ye, me and this FIT chink! My days man, swear down, she was so fit, she was a model as well! And AS IF you remembered us?! Hows everything back there? Its all good I hope!

Haha no I definitely remember her, we all had a bit of banter about that! I'm pretty sure I remember you, I walked down the stairs and saw you waiting by the door, I thought you were a new employee or something and it was the monday meeting, so I said "after you" but you kinda like just stood there, so I carried on walking lol!
Reply 1887
guys is it good there? coz I think I will take a gap year if I dont get in this year....already been rejected for Eco and waiting for A&F. How should i apply?
tl1015
guys is it good there? coz I think I will take a gap year if I dont get in this year....already been rejected for Eco and waiting for A&F. How should i apply?

I'll let you know when they start taking people if you want. There's only three places though, and that includes the 2nd year undergrad student places too!
OMG!!

I just came back from the lecture at LSE and I checked Track, and...

Offer for Economics!! WOOOOOO!

Now I just need to get AAA + a pass in Further Maths.

Well done to everyone.

Looks like I missed 20 pages worth of chat on this thread!
Economist1
OMG!!

I just came back from the lecture at LSE and I checked Track, and...

Offer for Economics!! WOOOOOO!

Now I just need to get AAA + a pass in Further Maths.

Well done to everyone.

Looks like I missed 20 pages worth of chat on this thread!

Nice one :woo:
El Mariachi
Nice one :woo:

Thanks. It's actually a bit of a scary thought that I was actually at LSE when the offer came through.
Economist1
Thanks. It's actually a bit of a scary thought that I was actually at LSE when the offer came through.

Arghhh it's making me feeel soooo anxious T_T (And I'm sure it's the same case for other early applicants who haven't heard yet)....

So we are gonna get one more round of rejections and then offers according to last year's pattern, right? With the offers that came out today, it probably means that LSE wants those people THE MOST, right? :frown::frown:

This is sooo worrying T_____T It seems to be a 50-50 chance then :frown:
dorice525
Arghhh it's making me feeel soooo anxious T_T (And I'm sure it's the same case for other early applicants who haven't heard yet)....

So we are gonna get one more round of rejections and then offers according to last year's pattern, right? With the offers that came out today, it probably means that LSE wants those people THE MOST, right? :frown::frown:

This is sooo worrying T_____T It seems to be a 50-50 chance then :frown:

Yeah i kind of see what you mean. I've been logging onto track like every hour hoping and praying that something has come through but nothing so far! The wait is now starting to get just depressing, I applied quite early (Oct 8th) but still only one offer and in interview.

This next week of rejections (if indeed there is going to be a round of rejections), is going to be painful...:frown:
Economist1

Congrats! :woo:

I have a feeling I'm gonna be rejected soon :frown:
kingkanoot
Yeah i kind of see what you mean. I've been logging onto track like every hour hoping and praying that something has come through but nothing so far! The wait is now starting to get just depressing, I applied quite early (Oct 8th) but still only one offer and in interview.

This next week of rejections (if indeed there is going to be a round of rejections), is going to be painful...:frown:

Wow dude, I'm sort of in the same boat as well, one offer and two interviews :frown: I applied a day earlier than you did.... Oct 7th. This is all just too much. I wish they did something like one round of rejections and one other round of offers instead, saves all this energy! Arghh! (Yet I can't refrain myself from refreshing TRACK and coming on this LSE chat thread!! arghhhghghghg)

Somehow I'm just so worried about this LSE UCL thing that so many people have been telling me about (people as in adults who have seen a lot of their students apply) I am really really hoping that it's all nonsense... pleaseee!!
dorice525
Wow dude, I'm in the same boat as well, one offer and one interview :frown: I applied a day earlier than you did.... Oct 7th. This is all just too much. I wish they did something like one round of rejections and one other round of offers instead, saves all this energy! Arghh! (Yet I can't refrain myself from refreshing TRACK and coming on this LSE chat thread!! arghhhghghghg)

And I'm in the exact same boat as you lol. I applied on the 7th of October, and just have one offer and one interview.
Dragonkiller
Congrats! :woo:

I have a feeling I'm gonna be rejected soon :frown:

Thanks. Hey, you've got every reason to be positive. I'm sure you've got a great chance of getting in.
Dragonkiller
And I'm in the exact same boat as you lol. I applied on the 7th of October, and just have one offer and one interview.

Oxbridge candidate? :rolleyes:
dorice525
Wow dude, I'm sort of in the same boat as well, one offer and two interviews :frown: I applied a day earlier than you did.... Oct 7th. This is all just too much. I wish they did something like one round of rejections and one other round of offers instead, saves all this energy! Arghh! (Yet I can't refrain myself from refreshing TRACK and coming on this LSE chat thread!! arghhhghghghg)

Somehow I'm just so worried about this LSE UCL thing that so many people have been telling me about (people as in adults who have seen a lot of their students apply) I am really really hoping that it's all nonsense... pleaseee!!

Thing is though, I KNOW that I'm being ridiculous and that there's plenty of time to get offers and stuff, but when I come on this and see people getting offers with similar grades and who applied at similar times I can't help but feel a bit put out..and dare I say it..jealous??

Spits as well, I've been refreshing track all evening and I've kept coming back onto this forum in some kind of vain hope for something which I know is not going to happen. I agree they should make one clear round of offers and one clear round of rejections at set points and they should maybe even update you once every so often as to the status of your application?? That would make it a lot less painful I think...

Latest