The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reue
We wish! No, the locals do not get free tickets, the only benefit we get is that we can purchase tickets from multiple locations within Reading itself if we are unable to get a ticket online when released.

I do some work for Festival Republic during the build up and festival weekend, plus staff on their offical forums :smile:

that must be the best job in the world !
luuucyx

+1 *is jealous*
Reply 1882
luuucyx

What, having to stay sober most of the weekend, chase riots around on the Sunday night and get stuck backstage in meetings? fun stuff! :wink:
He's not wrong there.

Any idea what the wristband colours will be this year? :awesome:

I say colours because there's the Over 18 band and Under 18 band.
i thought the over-18s wristband was an additional, optional wristband. maybe im wrong thhough, the way you said would make more sense
Annaconda
i thought the over-18s wristband was an additional, optional wristband. maybe im wrong thhough, the way you said would make more sense

I would have thought they were separate, other festivals i've been to recently have had separate colours for over 18's and U18's.
Reply 1886
The wristband colour is kept secret to try and reduce the chances of fake copies being made beforehand.

As far as i'm aware, the 18+ wristband will be an optional second wristband you wear with your main weekend/day one.
I'm working at Leeds but only as a steward :/
Still, staff showers!
i think i might camp...
Reply 1889
luuucyx
i think i might camp...

You wont regret it!
luuucyx
i think i might camp...

good choice :king1:
Olibert
He's not wrong there.

Any idea what the wristband colours will be this year? :awesome:

I say colours because there's the Over 18 band and Under 18 band.

you what you what?
luuucyx
you what you what?

Què?
Olibert
Què?

whats this about 18 and over bands?
luuucyx
whats this about 18 and over bands?

They're optional extra wristbands to prove that you are over the age of 18. The theory is that it means you don't have to carry your ID everywhere as the bar staff see your wristband and automatically know you're 18. I asked Reue a few posts up and he thinks that it's an extra band along with the main one you get at the entrances.

Not much use for me as my ID is in my wallet which is with me at all times anyway, but I guess it'll save me getting it out everytime I go to the bar.
Reply 1895
Olibert
They're optional extra wristbands to prove that you are over the age of 18. The theory is that it means you don't have to carry your ID everywhere as the bar staff see your wristband and automatically know you're 18. I asked Reue a few posts up and he thinks that it's an extra band along with the main one you get at the entrances.

Not much use for me as my ID is in my wallet which is with me at all times anyway, but I guess it'll save me getting it out everytime I go to the bar.

Didn't they originally have problems with it because it's the law to i.d people at the actual bar rather than at the entrance (as i've found in some clubs and things also) so there'd be no point having wristbands. Wonder how they got round this, or if i'm just making this up :s-smilie:
Reply 1896
luuucyx
i think i might camp...

you daredevil
Reply 1897
oi reue remember i expect velvet covered toilet seats in the vip area this year. none of this plastic ****
Ryarn
Didn't they originally have problems with it because it's the law to i.d people at the actual bar rather than at the entrance (as i've found in some clubs and things also) so there'd be no point having wristbands. Wonder how they got round this, or if i'm just making this up :s-smilie:

Well in clubs I've been to, if there are bouncers on the door checking ID, they don't ID you at the bar.

Also at the Rhythms Of The World festival I got an Over 18 wristband and didn't get ID'd at the bar.
Yeah the whole ID wristband thing is used in many places. Mainly in local bar gigs etc is where I have come across them, and there aren't many bars these days willing to risk being prosecuted for under-age drinking.

Latest