Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
What possess the Ood by the way? [Which I'm guessing is what the green eyes are about]
Presumably the House. Aunt and Uncle in the trailer talk about him and then go funny when saying 'And do my will'.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
What possess the Ood by the way? [Which I'm guessing is what the green eyes are about]
I would assume the green eyes are sign of possession. After all the red eye signalled craziness
Greg1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
Seems a little too obvious; I might be wrong.
im going with the theory of double bluff, they know we are all used to looking for what dosnt seem obvious by now so they are handing it to us on a plate so we dont see what is hidden in plain site lol
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I would assume the green eyes are sign of possession. After all the red eye signalled craziness
Actually, the red eye signalled possession when they were being controlled by the Beast, although the green eyes could also be possession.
Lantana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Greg1989)
i think it should be who is inside the space suit that kills the doctor

personally my money is on river as she is in jail for killing a 'great man' that was a 'hero to many'
for arguments sake - the doctor himself?
- or a future version of amy?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lantana)
for arguments sake - the doctor himself?
- or a future version of amy?
That would be interesting considering she's the one most worried about the Doctor's death.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
Actually, the red eye signalled possession when they were being controlled by the Beast, although the green eyes could also be possession.
Sorry crazily possessed by the beast then
neiljeff123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yo ho ho!
Bluth.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The tardis wiki says that Ood eye colour is related to levels of telepathy. When Oods were captivated their telepathic powers were reduced (hence the red eyes)
JWH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Katie_louise)
The tardis wiki says that Ood eye colour is related to levels of telepathy. When Oods were captivated their telepathic powers were reduced (hence the red eyes)
Pity there aren't ones with Orange eyes as well then you could replace traffic lights with Ood would be much more amusing and practical .You wouldn't need any wires as their telepathic all would need to do it duck tape them to a poll :laugh:

This has put a brilliant image in my head.
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JWH)
Pity there aren't ones with Orange eyes as well then you could replace traffic lights with Ood would be much more amusing and practical .You wouldn't need any wires as their telepathic all would need to do it duck tape them to a poll :laugh:

And now that image is in my head.

Surely traffic lights made of Ood would be rather bulky plus their eyes aren't that big so it'd be hard to see what colour was showing.

Sorry for picking flaws out of what sounds like a brilliant idea.
JWH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Surely traffic lights made of Ood would be rather bulky plus their eyes aren't that big so it'd be hard to see what colour was showing.

Could tape a pair of magnifying glasses to their heads to make it bigger though you could also just get them to sit on each others shoulders thus removing the need of even a poll
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

plus they'd need food so you'd have to fun them on calories rather than electricity and calories are still energy
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JWH)

One slight flaw. Wouldn't that be putting them into captivity and hence all of them would go to the same colour eyes as their telepathy power is reduced? :holmes:
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JWH)
Could tape a pair of magnifying glasses to their heads to make it bigger though you could also just get them to sit on each others shoulders thus removing the need of even a poll
Like some kind of Ood traffic light totem pole?

That would be a great sight to behold.
JWH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
One slight flaw. Wouldn't that be putting them into captivity and hence all of them would go to the same colour eyes as their telepathy power is reduced? :holmes:
Sssssssh stop ruining my idea :ninja:
Greg1989
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Plus and im a little shocked no one has mentioned this already but there is the whole thing about doing that would essentially be ood slavery and just very immoral.....the doctor may even show up to free them all lol
neiljeff123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does all this talk of mirrors remind you of "sister-of-mine" and "the family" episode?

Edit: linked the wrong thing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBrdXmYTQI
JWH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can everyone stop pointing out all the major flaws of my idea and just let me tape a Ood to a traffic poll already :laugh:
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Was also wondering about that. And they've said mirrors are gateways. Maybe somebody was watching them. Kovarian? Silents? Cybermen?

Also the curious thing about mirrors

Lots of pictures in spoiler:

Spoiler:
Show

Why so many mirrors? Now the above might be slightly 'out there' and a bit of a wild theory. But we've just had an entire episode about the significance of mirrors. And them being used as portals/gateways.
That last picture, theres a painting behind amy... looks like a silent, until i realised it was a princess holding the ends of her dress. at least i hope so >.<

AND SILENTS HAVE TO REFLECTIONS. perfectly understandable.

and neither does the doctor is seems not so perfectly understandable.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.72%
No - but I will (100)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (621)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise