Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    He's going to the Nets.
    Howard has been a big baby over this move.

Why Nets though? I know they have a new stadium and everything but they won't win anything.

Deron Williams and Dwight Howard won't go far imo. He has a far better chance at Bull with Derrick Rose.

ReputationRep:
    Trade news
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...is-source-says

Thats on NBA.com as well

ReputationRep:
    A backcourt of Jennings and Ellis will be an interesting sight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simon Adebisi)
    A backcourt of Jennings and Ellis will be an interesting sight
    The usage rate between them will be like 100%

ReputationRep:
    Been reading that there are a few issues with the knicks. Melo wants to be traded if MDA isn't gone next season and Novak wants Melo to be traded otherwise he will 'forget' how to shoot the ball.

Melo is clearly a waste of space :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Melo just doesn't fit with D'Antoni's system... you can't go from being touted as one of the best to falling off the planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simon Adebisi)
    Been reading that there are a few issues with the knicks. Melo wants to be traded if MDA isn't gone next season and Novak wants Melo to be traded otherwise he will 'forget' how to shoot the ball.
    Easy decision. Knicks with D'Antoni and Lin minus Melo were a playoff team. Knicks with Melo minus D'Antoni is a black box that no-one can predict. D'Antoni is by no means my favourite coach but his Suns were perennial contenders back in the day. Knicks have to respect that. In fact, the Knicks should do what Denver did. Trade Melo for as many solid role players as possible.

In other news, I don't get why players seem so averse to Chicago. Chicago would have been a much better move for Lebron than Miami and Chicago would clearly be Dwight's best option if the Bulls were to want him there. Are they really arrogant enough to worry about being in "Jordan's shadow"? Neither player is ever going to get anywhere near Jordan, and they should have realise that by now.

ReputationRep:
    Melo gets all the heat but Amare is a waste of space as well this year and d'antoni is a bad coach, dunno what will happen really but none of melo, amare or chandler have great trade value when you look at their age/contracts/health so those 3 will likely be together for the next 3 years.

Was hyped when I saw that theres gonne be a Jennings/Ellis combo at Bucks, they gonna be styling on people, and losing alot...

ReputationRep:
    D'Antoni is the primary problem. Contrary to popular belief here, I don't think Melo should go. He should at least be given a chance with a coach that can run a successful system in NYK before getting traded. The prospect of a competent PG (Lin, I guess) running the pick and roll with Amare, and leave Melo for the shot is scary if it works.

However, the fight for 8th spot will be interesting. Bucks now have a backcourt of Jennings and Monta. Knicks need to up their game to stand a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Melo just doesn't fit with D'Antoni's system... you can't go from being touted as one of the best to falling off the planet.
    Tell that to Fernando Torres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    D'Antoni is the primary problem. Contrary to popular belief here, I don't think Melo should go. He should at least be given a chance with a coach that can run a successful system in NYK before getting traded. The prospect of a competent PG (Lin, I guess) running the pick and roll with Amare, and leave Melo for the shot is scary if it works.
    That's the whole problem. That won't work because Melo doesn't know how to play as anything other than the centrepiece of a team's offense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Tell that to Fernando Torres.
    Just heard D'Antoni's out, so I guess we'll see.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Another casualty in Melo's wake of destruction, smh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigFudamental)
    That's the whole problem. That won't work because Melo doesn't know how to play as anything other than the centrepiece of a team's offense.
    I believe Melo should at least be given a chance to try. Let's face it, NYK traded a whole lot for Melo. If it doesn't work, then ok, it was a bad deal, but we shouldn't be quick to conclude that.

D'Antoni's out. Hopefully, for their sake, they get a coach that complements the players more. Then we can see if Melo was worth it.

ReputationRep:
    ...In other news, Miami vs Chicago today. What does everyone think about that? Is anyone gonna stay up and watch it (I'm not, got coursework tomorrow )

Apparently, Rose isn't 100% with a groin problem too.

ReputationRep:
    D'Antoni's a good coach, he just didn't have the personnel in NY to be successful. At any rate, let's hope that Mike Woodson and his defense first attitude turn my Knickerbockers around.

(Original post by Stilo)
    D'Antoni's a good coach, he just didn't have the personnel in NY to be successful. At any rate, let's hope that Mike Woodson and his defense first attitude turn my Knickerbockers around.
    he was getting around to it when melo was out and Lin was coming up but :sigh:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.