jarasta
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Math-Magician)
Instead of doing it algebraically, I worked out the ratio of (delta t cola)/(delta t glass) by doing [(McCcTc)/(MgCgTg)=Tc/Tc] and got 1/4. This then means (delta t cola) = 1/5*(30-3), and my final answer was 8.4C, about 8C. Will I still get the marks as I knew what I was doing but this method isn't as easy to follow?
No no, I think they will be able to follow. It's essential the same as the algebra method, except I guess you re-arranged the formula first. The seem to like ratios so it will prob be in there, as long as its a logical and valid method its fine and its clear what you did.
jarasta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cat-lover)
Darn. How many marks would I lose? And thanks.
just 1 out of 2 I guess.
If you used your 7.whatever came after, probably 1 again on the next part for error carried forward. Unless if there is a range of answers and your answer is in the required range. Just what I think. Don't stress about it too much though.
Minumi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Any unofficial mark schemes for part A and turning points yet?
Math-Magician
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jarasta)
No no, I think they will be able to follow. It's essential the same as the algebra method, except I guess you re-arranged the formula first. The seem to like ratios so it will prob be in there, as long as its a logical and valid method its fine and its clear what you did.
Thanks - I hope they can read the last two lines of working since I almost ran out of room!
jarasta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks - I hope they can read the last two lines of working since I almost ran out of room!
It should be fine, they will try to read it unless its actually very hard to read.
I run out of room as well, because I couldn't figure out how to do it at first. I tried to cheat by substituting 8 into there, but I imagined that wouldn't count as proof only verification.

What grade are you hoping for overall?
Math-Magician
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It should be fine, they will try to read it unless its actually very hard to read.
I run out of room as well, because I couldn't figure out how to do it at first. I tried to cheat by substituting 8 into there, but I imagined that wouldn't count as proof only verification.

What grade are you hoping for overall?
Its not unreadable, just a bit small! I want an A overall, but for that I need to get around 80/120 UMS on this module depending on ISA boundaries. What do you need to get?
jarasta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its not unreadable, just a bit small! I want an A overall, but for that I need to get around 80/120 UMS on this module depending on ISA boundaries. What do you need to get?
I think you can get that, if you were capable of doing q3 you should be fine, personally i thought that was the hardest question. I skipped it once, then came back to do part i), the came back again for part ii).
Ahh thats, I need to get about 42 for an A depending on the ISA boundary, assuming i get atleast 48 ums for my 44 isa mark.I would like to get the A* (for the pride ) for which I need more or less 108 ums.
Math-Magician
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think you can get that, if you were capable of doing q3 you should be fine, personally i thought that was the hardest question. I skipped it once, then came back to do part i), the came back again for part ii).
Ahh thats, I need to get about 42 for an A depending on the ISA boundary, assuming i get atleast 48 ums for my 44 isa mark.I would like to get the A* (for the pride ) for which I need more or less 108 ums.
It must have been a pretty hard question, I can hardly remember any of the others! Fingers crossed we all got what we need, I never know how I've done in Physics until results day, its not like maths where you know how you've done. :iiam:
jarasta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It must have been a pretty hard question, I can hardly remember any of the others! Fingers crossed we all got what we need, I never know how I've done in Physics until results day, its not like maths where you know how you've done. :iiam:
I know you get some questions which you can't really get correct unless if you had read the markscheme

yeah same, I feel like my exams went well overall but im still freaking scared, this will be the worst summer ever in terms of exam stress I imagine :/
Math-Magician
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know you get some questions which you can't really get correct unless if you had read the markscheme

yeah same, I feel like my exams went well overall but im still freaking scared, this will be the worst summer ever in terms of exam stress I imagine :/
What do you need in all your other subjects? I have a really high offer to meet so its going to be very easy to just miss out by one grade on something
jarasta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What do you need in all your other subjects? I have a really high offer to meet so its going to be very easy to just miss out by one grade on something
A*A*A for me in maths, further maths and physics. The A* are pretty easy to miss, it can be down to something like not losing 5 marks! which is insane especially in maths because mistakes can be made easily even if you know everything and did everything . What's your course?
Math-Magician
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A*A*A for me in maths, further maths and physics. The A* are pretty easy to miss, it can be down to something like not losing 5 marks! which is insane especially in maths because mistakes can be made easily even if you know everything and did everything . What's your course?
Maths at Warwick (if I get in). I need the same grades as you for that What are you hoping to do?
lantern
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello,
for the binding energy question, I only included He and H when calculating the mass difference. Is this wrong? :confused:
Math-Magician
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lantern)
Hello,
for the binding energy question, I only included He and H when calculating the mass difference. Is this wrong? :confused:
I think there were some positrons or electrons as well? I'm not too sure, I can't really remember the question. If there were some electrons I think you have to include them.
ehtisham_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys what did the question did question 2 include in turning poins,, I know it was about neutrons and debroglie wavelength but what other questions did it have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jamzzster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm so glad this exam is done and out of the way, now to stop thinking about it. Oh wait I keep visiting this thread..
Dslash
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ehtisham_1)
Hey guys what did the question did question 2 include in turning poins,, I know it was about neutrons and debroglie wavelength but what other questions did it have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It asked you to explain why an electron with the same db-wavelength has a greater kinetic energy (or something along those lines).
ehtisham_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dslash)
It asked you to explain why an electron with the same db-wavelength has a greater kinetic energy (or something along those lines).
Do you know how much the whole of question 2 was out of, cause when I add it all up its 31 marks and I'm missing 4 marks somewhere. I know q1 was out of 12 q3 was out of 8 and q4 was out of 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
ehtisham_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Was there a question on the back of the paper for turning points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dslash
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ehtisham_1)
Do you know how much the whole of question 2 was out of, cause when I add it all up its 31 marks and I'm missing 4 marks somewhere. I know q1 was out of 12 q3 was out of 8 and q4 was out of 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
No there wasn't a question on the back.
Q2:
State de broglies hypothesis: 2 marks
Calc. the db-wavelength of the particle: 4 marks
Electron with the same db-wavelength: 2 marks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (121)
65.05%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
20.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
13.98%

Watched Threads