Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    I'm not sure :/
    Maybe IB?
    They missed their offer and got reconsidered (because there are 160 people who firmed Bath but 120 places, so they said they reckon around 90 will get AAB and the rest will be fished from people who just missd their grades). But I just feel harsh that without knowing our A level results they rejected the guy x
    Ohhh I see, i've got a few IB friends who all missed their offers too.
    Ahh really, thats really unlucky for him/her
    Yea exactly, they could held off until thursday :/ wonder how theyre in clearing then :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxMagicMezziexX)
    All shopping is complete, and all for under £150! I am so excited to just move in now, BRING ON RESULTS!!
    What did you buy and where did you go?! That amount seems really cheap! Have you got a list of what you need for uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    With regards to the school opening times, I can't collect any A2 results until 10am so I don't get why other people are complaining about getting them at 8/9...
    I can't get my results until 8am. I'm annoyed as that's when clearing lines open so I have no time to prepare myself before everyone else gets their calls in

I'd be even more annoyed if it was 10am though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The number of applications submitted as mentioned in the first post is more or less then before at deadline?

ReputationRep:
    5 days! It's happening people!

ReputationRep:
    4 Days 17 hours until 15th at 7:00 AM

ReputationRep:
    So on Thursday we can go online on ucas track to see if we have been accepted at around 7am and then can go into our 6th form or college to see what grade we achieved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistryChic)
    I can't get my results until 8am. I'm annoyed as that's when clearing lines open so I have no time to prepare myself before everyone else gets their calls in

I'd be even more annoyed if it was 10am though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could add clearing choices until UCAS comes back online around 5pm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    ikr haha.
    ahh cool whats dmu's offer?
    i've firmed kings and brightons my insurance
    Nice Both are ABB, so it's all or nothing... :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    I was the only one last year who made it to the end. . .and fell asleep about 10 minutes before results were posted :sigh:
    Last year I thought I'd grown out of Harry Potter. This year I've come to my senses and will be tackling the 8 film marathon before results!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Last year I thought I'd grown out of Harry Potter. This year I've come to my senses and will be tackling the 8 film marathon before results!!! :woo:
    :woo:

I'm aiming to get some sleep the night before so I might not be joining you.

How are you anyway Arva? it's been far too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    Work won't take my mind off results day.It will make me more nervous because I work in a pharmacy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you've applied for pharmacy? whats ur firm and insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatRainbows_x)
    Nice Both are ABB, so it's all or nothing... :s
    ahh nerve wracking times! I'm sure at least one will take you
    would you mind going to your insurance?

ReputationRep:

I'm aiming to get some sleep the night before so I might not be joining you.

How are you anyway Arva? it's been far too long

I'll start early in the day, I'm not planning to pull an all nighter.

I'm actually really good thanks, I've found a way to pass whole days at a time without any distractions

I'm on the biggest League of Legends win streak of my life, so as well as eating up about 10 hours a day it's also making me really pumped. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    What has become of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)

I'll start early in the day, I'm not planning to pull an all nighter.

I'm actually really good thanks, I've found a way to pass whole days at a time without any distractions

I'm on the biggest League of Legends win streak of my life, so as well as eating up about 10 hours a day it's also making me really pumped. :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    What has become of my life
    All nighters are not good, get far too emotional either way then crash not too long after :lol: it takes about 18 hours iirc

:woo: good to hear

ReputationRep:
    All nighters are not good, get far too emotional either way then crash not too long after :lol: it takes about 18 hours iirc

:woo: good to hear
    18 hours? I'll spread it over 2 days actually, starting on the Tuesday. Since I'm waking up at about 1 PM that should fill a whole 2 days, accounting for food and boredom breaks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    18 hours? I'll spread it over 2 days actually, starting on the Tuesday. Since I'm waking up at about 1 PM that should fill a whole 2 days, accounting for food and boredom breaks.
    Yeah I started more or less mid-day :rolleyes:

Fair enough :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andaxay)
    I'm off work on results day, thank god. Me and my friends are planning to go for a milkshake after we've got our results to either celebrate or cry over :P

I'm hoping it's to celebrate. Starting to get seriously squirmy butterflies when I think about it now
    that's code for alcohol, isn't it :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    *Sigh*
    I keep logging into Edexcel Results plus expecting something to happen ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    , it was a lot trickier than normal which made marks easy to drop. I'm annoyed a lot of the topics I liked on the course didn't come up . Did you also do Electrons, Waves, and Photons?
    Exactly! The questions were not as straightforward as usual :broken: Yes I did! I had another major exam that day so I didn't prepare for it an awful lot but I found the exam not as bad as the first one :K:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.