Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaufman)
    congrats! when did u sent out ur application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thxx! I sent my UCAS on 2nd of Oct.

ReputationRep:
    Good job. What course, if I may ask. I'm specifically looking to hear from IR people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona16)
    Thxx! I sent my UCAS on 2nd of Oct.
    ok. I sent out mine on the 9th Oct. hope I will get my offer next week . Again , congrats(☆_☆)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer from LSE today! Still can't believe it! I thought they would make their decisions on Friday...
    Hey!!!congratulations that's amazing....

I have applied for math n Eco... Still haven't heard anything after the 5 week email((...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    It was around 13:00. Quite random I think.
    I applied for maths with econ.
    What are your grades etc? Well done btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silonthesofa)
    Good job. What course, if I may ask. I'm specifically looking to hear from IR people.
    My IR friends are still waiting for their offer. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    ok. I sent out mine on the 9th Oct. hope I will get my offer next week . Again , congrats(☆_☆)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeatTheBox)
    Hey!!!congratulations that's amazing....

I have applied for math n Eco... Still haven't heard anything after the 5 week email((...
    Dont worry too much. In fact I asked them for my five weeks email and got it on the end of Oct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    What are your grades etc? Well done btw!
    I don't have GCSE since I am an international student.
    I got AAAAA in AS and was predicted A*A*A*A* in maths, further maths, physics and econ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whathe)
    Social policy with gov applicant here. Don't think I stand a chance but it was worth a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too! I don't think I have a chance either! with predicted grades of A* A* B A (but the A is in general studies so doesn't mean anything.)
    I think the B prediction in English Lit has really let me down

What are yours?

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Illusionist)
    My 5 weeks are up on Tuesday :/
    I'm actually scared for tomoz- it's LSE Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! I have applied for math and economics...n my five weeks are up on Tuesday too... Hope we hear from them soon!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Illusionist)
    My 5 weeks are up on Tuesday :/
    I'm actually scared for tomoz- it's LSE Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha I like the sound of that - "LSE Friday".

ReputationRep:
    Thats it, five weeks all done and dusted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Do you reckon LSE will look at mechanics and decision modules or just look at core, further pure and stats, I got 95+ in all modules apart from D1 which I only got a low 80's score.
    I assume core and statistics are the most important, with the rest having equal weighting. Then again they might just collectivise the entire score and just leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    You would need to have a very, very, very exceptional personal statement. I applied to maths with economics last year with 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE, AAAA at AS (with 99% across maths/further maths which I put on UCAS) and A*A*A*A* predictions. I got rejected.
    What was the reason given for your rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEconomics)
    What was the reason given for your rejection?
    Personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Personal statement.
    That is bull****. You should have been offered a place straight away. Does this mean that during the 5 week stage in which everyone has the minimum requirements lse put most emphasis on personal statement/reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEconomics)
    That is bull****. You should have been offered a place straight away. Does this mean that during the 5 week stage in which everyone has the minimum requirements lse put most emphasis on personal statement/reference?
    Doubt it. I've been asked for UMS during the 5 week stage. So they're clearly still assessing academics (and rightly so).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runjennyrun17)
    4 weeks into my 5 week email
    Applying for pure economics
    But I haven't received the questionnaire thing....
    Is it because my referee had already put the ums (double maths + Econ only)in my reference?
    thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the 5 week email?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i love how on all these uni threads everyone like ''i hope i receive my offer soon'' especially at competitive unis i love how everyones so sure its an offer that they're willing to say it.

if youre so sure, why does it matter when you get it

btw dont take this to heart, i have quoted you but i see it so many times i find it funny...especially when alot of the said people then get rejections which is inevitably going to happen for a lot of them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.