Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    We bought Walcott as a 16 year old and he played 16 league games in his first full season and 25 in his second. He's now one of our most productive players.

Oxlade-Chamberlain joined as a 17 year old and has played 39 league games in two seasons. He's still only 19, had a poor start to the season (rumours that Wenger wanted him to focus on becoming more well-rounded) but has been explosive in his appearances since.

Ramsey is 22 and has played over 100 games for us despite his horrific injury. In the second half of this season he's been one of our most consistent players and has won over the fans again after a rough spell. He seems to have found his place in the squad.

Odd examples for you to choose considering all three players are fully integrated members of our squad.

Huh? We could only buy Cazorla if we sold a player, and seeing as every man and his dog knew RVP wanted to leave thanks to that statement added to the fact that he only had a year on his contract left, £24m was a good deal.

Of course you won't attempt to 'balance the books' because Chelsea have no intention of breaking even (love how you say 'balance the books' with such scorn, as if it's the wrong thing to do, typical Chelsea ignorance when it comes to finances, most of you guys live in some kind of dreamland), although soon UEFA will force them to if they have it their way. Arsenal do things the right way and don't spend beyond our own means. Cue the inevitable 'what has that won you', and you're right, nothing in the short terms, but we're in an incredibly advantageous position now we through probably the most delicate 10 year period in our clubs history.
    Not saying it with scorn-love how you immediately know what I'm implying, But it is literally the only excuse any Arsenal fan comes up with. You have a poor season-"oh we're in transition-we're getting ready to balance the books-next season we'll be there" No, no you won't. You've been saying it since 2010. "It's a long term thing"-how long term? If you don't win a competition in the next two or three seasons you'll be behind Spurs without a doubt.

And it's not as if you've come even close to winning something since the 2011 League Cup. Not even the semi's of a cup
    competition.

Why do you love trying to claim the moral high ground? There's no 'right way' to run a club. You're still in a shedload of debt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Didn't know he was on the final year of his contract. Still, he told Wenger he was willing to stay, and after being top scorer all season he could have gone for £30 million. He was the most wanted player all summer.
    He released a statement saying he wanted to leave, quite the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    So why the hell is it suddenly crime of the century when a Chelsea fan does it. Double standards.
    Exactly it's ok depending on the situation. In our case though if I would be booing anyone it would be the owner & not Benitez, but at the same time he did help our club with the injection of money, although unlike City we actually defended our PL title the very next season instead of winning nothing & failing to reach the CL knockout stages twice in a row.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool dont get half this much crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I've been frustrated with many players over the years that I've never booed. I would never boo Gervinho because he's doing his best even though he's been absolutely terrible most of the time but when a player like say Santos is clearly overweight and just not trying(swapping shirts at half time etc) then he deserves to hear about it.

Chelsea boo players who are trying 100% and managers doing their best. Not on.
    In the 90th minute, Benayoun on Wednesday had been on for 10 minutes and was jogging back to defend a Spurs counter-attack even when Parker (who'd played the full game) with the ball was already 10 yards ahead of him. His first bit of action was to concede a free-kick in our own half a minute later. And everyone of his performances are like that. He has good moments, but his contribution (and the situation that his career is in) does not warrant what he is paid (upwards of 70 grand a week).

ReputationRep:
    Not saying it with scorn-love how you immediately know what I'm implying, But it is literally the only excuse any Arsenal fan comes up with. You have a poor season-"oh we're in transition-we're getting ready to balance the books-next season we'll be there" No, no you won't. You've been saying it since 2010. "It's a long term thing"-how long term? If you don't win a competition in the next two or three seasons you'll be behind Spurs without a doubt.

And it's not as if you've come even close to winning something since the 2011 League Cup. Not even the semi's of a cup
    competition.

Why do you love trying to claim the moral high ground? There's no 'right way' to run a club. You're still in a shedload of debt.
    Again, why are you so bothered by Arsenal, surely our failure should be great for you.

And be behind Spurs? Haven't heard that before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Liverpool dont get half this much crap.
    It must be some sort of jeolousy. Only way to explain it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    He released a statement saying he wanted to leave, quite the opposite.
    But then told Wenger he wanted to stay after they brought Cazorla. In the statement, he said he didn't see any ambition (which could easily have been solved with a bit of $$$) as has been seen with many players over the years; then Cazorla signed and he told Wenger to opposite of what he said in the statement.

But Wenger was unmoved and upset and sold him anyway. You have a go at RVP, but if Wenger wasn't so quick to act you could be sat here as holders of the Capital One Cup, my my what an achievement that would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Again, why are you so bothered by Arsenal, surely our failure should be great for you.

And be behind Spurs? Haven't heard that before.
    Spurs have a good future if they keep Bale and AVB will get the best of the squad given a few seasons, they'll be competing for the domestic cups for the next few years.

In all fairness, I think a large part of Arsenal not winning things recently is psychological. How many of their squad know how to win a league title/or domestic cup in a comepetitve competition. Losing to teams like Bradford and Blackburn in games you really should win don't help.

Chelsea are a cup team , we always have been and we always be. We've only four league titles, but we have almost four teams that number of cup victories. And for the last decade we've only lost a lower-league team in the FA Cup, League Cup once (Barnsley). No offence, but underestimating teams/not taking your chances seems to be a trend for Arsenal when it comes to cup games.

And the league in 2009/2010 I believe it was, you were right there with us and United, still in 3 competitions in March, and you bottled it because not even players knew what it took to see out the job/wanted it enough.

ReputationRep:
    all this financial success is great but it would be better to have an owner that put football as his priority so that we could be run more like bayern.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing you've come up with to try to attack Arsenal with is mythical bribery to get us promoted nearly 100 years ago.In fact we were invited to the top division as we were the best supported club. The fact we've won trophies in every decade since somewhat vindicates the decision.

Working? You really have no clue about the long term dynamics and sacrifices of the Emirates stadium. Here's a clue, we've recently signed deals that put our revenue above Bayern Munichs and way above Chelsea's(not surpirsing since you cant fill a 42k. stadium). Not surprised. A Chelsea fan has no sense of the past or the future, only of what your Sugardaddy gives you right now.
    We're only 500 seats down on average per season from our stadium capacity-thought we'd gone through this. Not many clubs that can come as close on attendance to that. Incidentally I found an article on ESPN that actually places our av. attendance over a 1,000 tickets more than Sunderland. So I'm afraid that you're going to have to take your earlier point back.

Guys, discussion is fine, but please make sure to keep the tone of it non-inflammatory. Posts that just try to evoke a negative reaction out of other members aren't good for anyone on the thread, and really aren't acceptable, so please don't make them and don't reply to them in any way that heightens tensions either. If you can't make a point in a non-inflammatory way, don't post.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  lolz.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  42.2 KB :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea boo players who are trying 100% and managers doing their best. Not on.
    Probably been mentioned but Arsenal are one of the worst clubs in regard to booing players.

Walcott being booed last year for example

Ramsey regularly getting booed.

etc.

ReputationRep:
    We're only 500 seats down on average per season from our stadium capacity-thought we'd gone through this. Not many clubs that can come as close on attendance to that. Incidentally I found an article on ESPN that actually places our av. attendance over a 1,000 tickets more than Sunderland. So I'm afraid that you're going to have to take your earlier point back.
    I got negged for that? I didn't even say anything against Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs must be favourites for CL football now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    How?

ReputationRep:
    I got negged for that? I didn't even say anything against Arsenal.
    Lol pathetic begging guys. The sense of entitlement amongst Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    How?
    You have to play Wigan while they're still on a high from winning the Cup, Spurs play mid table Stoke with nothing to play for. Expecting Spurs to win, you to draw at best. Then you both play teams fighting relegation on the last day but I think you'll both win, leaving Spurs 4th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Nope http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...e/top-4-finish

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.