Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[Results day] Discussion thread MKIII - 15 August 2013 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocip)
    You'll be more than fine! You just have to work a bit harder in year 13, at my college our predicted grade was pretty much either our AS grade or 1 higher. It's rare (according to my teachers) to get more than 1 grade higher than your AS grade. Anyway, you'll be fine just work hard!
    Ok thank you very much and I didn't put in my full effort really, like you said I will just have to try harder next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hodor!)
    I mean where does it go?
    I think I get it now, so for further maths as long as you have 3 A2 modules with a 90+ average, you get the A*?
    Yes, but you still need to average 80 over 6 modules. FP3 stays in the FMaths A-Level, just isn't counted for the A* three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkib4)
    Well done and yes!
    Heyaa, what you going to study. And have u heard back from accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Yes, but you still need to average 80 over 6 modules. FP3 stays in the FMaths A-Level, just isn't counted for the A* three.
    Ohhh ok, really, thanks for helping me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyStrange13)
    I'm not entirely sure but I dont think that the marks would really differ if its the same subject. That's great!! xD I find that when I think I've done really badly, I do brilliantly too.
    Yeah I just went on the WJEC site though and it confused me with the boundaries I'll give you the link and see what you think haha that rhymed!
    https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkT...ault.aspx?l=en

Yeah it's weird isn't it?! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Boy they must really want you.
    Well trust me I was in so much shock! Manchester never accept anyone with AAB never mind AAC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiaDreams)
    Is anyone else getting anything remarked? I got into uni, but I'm still disappointed with my results. I got a D overall in psychology, but for the units I got C, C , C, D and the D was one mark off a C getting the D paper remarked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That seems mad. I got D B C E and ended with a C overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PickwickianGeek)
    Maths with Statistics. I got all Bs in Core 1, Core 2 and S1. I only did general studies because it is compulsory in AS for me, I'm not doing it next year! Aiming for an A in Maths and Bio and a B in chemistry

Wow, well done on your results! What are you going to study? Yeah, I worked really hard this year but I think i need to come up with a more effective method...

Hmm yeah I understand. It's just chemistry which is REALLY holding me back and it's super important for biomedical science so I'm going to have to do something pretty amazing to get a B or an A. I'm hoping to drop Physics, leaving Biology, Chemistry and Maths

Yeah I'm not thinking of doing general studies next year, it was compulsory for me this year but I'm not doing it next year. I need to decide which units to resit though, as some have more weighting than others for the overall grade.

Thanks for the replies everyone
    Law
    I'm sure you'll be fine, something just clicked for me at A2.

ReputationRep:
    I need some advise. I really did badly at my AS results today. I got c in further maths, c in biology, D in chemistry, and d in physics.
    Ive alwaysss wanted to do medicine, It's acctually my life. I would do anything to get into medicine, but right now, cause of these grades, im really not sure im gonna make it. Im considering retaking everything while continuing biology and chemistry at A2. But I would have to submit my AS results to ucas, which im scared about, as im pretty sure, they wont accept these grades... what do i do? i really need help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecawthorn)
    Yeah I just went on the WJEC site though and it confused me with the boundaries I'll give you the link and see what you think haha that rhymed!
    https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkT...ault.aspx?l=en

Yeah it's weird isn't it?! x
    The UMS grade boundaries are the same as the AQA UMS grade boundaries for Sociology but the raw mark which is all of the marks added up from your paper are a little different, I think. Yes, it is lol xP

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely gutted about my As business grade. I got a D overall but an E in unit 2!! What did other people get in their aqa unit 2 business exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyStrange13)
    The UMS grade boundaries are the same as the AQA UMS grade boundaries for Sociology but the raw mark which is all of the marks added up from your paper are a little different, I think. Yes, it is lol xP
    Oh right, so it still works out the same anyway? I'll ask my teacher tomorrow anyways!

ReputationRep:
    Could I still get AAA for A2 if I got ACC at AS?

ReputationRep:
    when would I find the aqa grade boundaries. Help please!!!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of AS students asking questions like they got C can they get B at A2 etc. The answer is yes of course you can. It's going to be hard work including resits on top if your A2 exams plus even more tougher after January's exams have been scrapped. If you put in the work you can turn around poor AS results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Resitting the year. I got EUU lol. (AS Levels)

ReputationRep:
    Got ABB and missed my offer for Birmingham, I'm gutted, I don't want to go through clearing so I'm thinking about taking a gap year and retaking the b I got in maths!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't apply for anything but here are my results.

Law - A*
    Accounting - B
    Business - C

A*BC! HAHA.

ReputationRep:
    do grade boundaries actually make a difference to the results we get? cause a 60% will always be a C and a 70% will always be a B!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissy.x)
    Could I still get AAA for A2 if I got ACC at AS?
    Yes you can; but it'll require you to resit the papers, and will mean a lot more work. It certainly is doable if you knuckle down and work hard throughout the year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.