The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yaboy
Boy they must really want you.

Well trust me I was in so much shock! Manchester never accept anyone with AAB never mind AAC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MiaDreams
Is anyone else getting anything remarked? I got into uni, but I'm still disappointed with my results. I got a D overall in psychology, but for the units I got C, C , C, D and the D was one mark off a C getting the D paper remarked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems mad. I got D B C E and ended with a C overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PickwickianGeek
Maths with Statistics. I got all Bs in Core 1, Core 2 and S1. I only did general studies because it is compulsory in AS for me, I'm not doing it next year! Aiming for an A in Maths and Bio and a B in chemistry :biggrin:

Wow, well done on your results! What are you going to study? Yeah, I worked really hard this year but I think i need to come up with a more effective method...

Hmm yeah I understand. It's just chemistry which is REALLY holding me back and it's super important for biomedical science so I'm going to have to do something pretty amazing to get a B or an A. I'm hoping to drop Physics, leaving Biology, Chemistry and Maths :biggrin:

Yeah I'm not thinking of doing general studies next year, it was compulsory for me this year but I'm not doing it next year. I need to decide which units to resit though, as some have more weighting than others for the overall grade.

Thanks for the replies everyone :biggrin:

Law :smile:
I'm sure you'll be fine, something just clicked for me at A2.
Reply 1903
I need some advise. I really did badly at my AS results today. I got c in further maths, c in biology, D in chemistry, and d in physics.
Ive alwaysss wanted to do medicine, It's acctually my life. I would do anything to get into medicine, but right now, cause of these grades, im really not sure im gonna make it. Im considering retaking everything while continuing biology and chemistry at A2. But I would have to submit my AS results to ucas, which im scared about, as im pretty sure, they wont accept these grades... what do i do? i really need help :frown:
Original post by Ecawthorn
Yeah I just went on the WJEC site though and it confused me with the boundaries I'll give you the link and see what you think:smile: haha that rhymed!
https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en

Yeah it's weird isn't it?! x

The UMS grade boundaries are the same as the AQA UMS grade boundaries for Sociology but the raw mark which is all of the marks added up from your paper are a little different, I think. Yes, it is lol xP
Reply 1905
I'm absolutely gutted about my As business grade. I got a D overall but an E in unit 2!! What did other people get in their aqa unit 2 business exam.
Original post by EmilyStrange13
The UMS grade boundaries are the same as the AQA UMS grade boundaries for Sociology but the raw mark which is all of the marks added up from your paper are a little different, I think. Yes, it is lol xP

Oh right, so it still works out the same anyway?:smile: I'll ask my teacher tomorrow anyways!
Could I still get AAA for A2 if I got ACC at AS?
Reply 1908
when would I find the aqa grade boundaries. Help please!!!
Reply 1909
A lot of AS students asking questions like they got C can they get B at A2 etc. The answer is yes of course you can. It's going to be hard work including resits on top if your A2 exams plus even more tougher after January's exams have been scrapped. If you put in the work you can turn around poor AS results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1910
Resitting the year. I got EUU lol. (AS Levels)
(edited 10 years ago)
Got ABB and missed my offer for Birmingham, I'm gutted, I don't want to go through clearing so I'm thinking about taking a gap year and retaking the b I got in maths!
Reply 1912
Didn't apply for anything but here are my results.

Law - A*
Accounting - B
Business - C

A*BC! HAHA.
do grade boundaries actually make a difference to the results we get? cause a 60% will always be a C and a 70% will always be a B!
Original post by Chrissy.x
Could I still get AAA for A2 if I got ACC at AS?

Yes you can; but it'll require you to resit the papers, and will mean a lot more work. It certainly is doable if you knuckle down and work hard throughout the year :smile:
Original post by Dyingslikeanart
Got ABB and missed my offer for Birmingham, I'm gutted, I don't want to go through clearing so I'm thinking about taking a gap year and retaking the b I got in maths!

Probably the best thing to do if you have your heart set on Birmingham. I would try to get some reassurance from Birmingham that they'd still accept you after the retakes. I'm sure they will.
Original post by Ecawthorn
Oh right, so it still works out the same anyway?:smile: I'll ask my teacher tomorrow anyways!

Yes, but only the UMS grade boundaries. xD
Reply 1917
I need some advise. I really did badly at my AS results today. I got c in further maths, c in biology, D in chemistry, and d in physics.
Ive alwaysss wanted to do medicine, It's acctually my life. I would do anything to get into medicine, but right now, cause of these grades, im really not sure im gonna make it. Im considering retaking everything while continuing biology and chemistry at A2. But I would have to submit my AS results to ucas, which im scared about, as im pretty sure, they wont accept these grades... what do i do? i really need help
Can I apply to a course at universitythat requires ABB if I currently have BBD. One of the B grades is an overall A2 Sociology grade and the other B is in AS Psychology but I was three marks away from an A. And I think I could get an A overall for it. I'm thinking of resitting one of the exams for A2 Sociology as I feel I am capable of an A, having attained As in the past. The D is in an AS subject which I think I could get a C for or possibly a B as the A2 units carry more marks.
Ahh I got 96% in English Literature and 91% in French! Well done the rest of you guys! X

Latest