Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Tennis Society IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Happy 33rd birthday RF!

ReputationRep:
    hey
    is someone bets on venus williams-angelique kerbe? the odds of venus is value and i think, she can win it...its for me a 50-50 chance

ReputationRep:
    Venus has been involved in some of the best matches this year. That final set between her and Kerber was just something else, both of them did great but I'm glad Venus managed to win it in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Venus has been involved in some of the best matches this year. That final set between her and Kerber was just something else, both of them did great but I'm glad Venus managed to win it in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what a nice match and drama @the end of the match......venus wins, it was very close...she was break behind, serve for the match > break but then break again! venus performance is very good...the odds was very nice of venus after the suspend

ReputationRep:
    Federer finally wins, although he greatly reduced his chances of winning the tournament by not finishing the job earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Federer finally wins, although he greatly reduced his chances of winning the tournament by not finishing the job earlier.
    Cillic like Tsonga's rank and seed is deceptively low, Federer would be pleased with a win full stop considering how dangerous Cillic is. He has a good chance of finally winning a Masters now with Nadal, Djokovic and Wawrinka out of the picture

ReputationRep:
    what are u thinking about the match tsonga-andy murray?
    i think about to bet of the french entertainer tsonga....dont know, he wins vs. djoko easy in two sets....i cant watch this game, djoko with handicaps?
    the odds are really nice for back tsonga

ReputationRep:
    Tsonga's dropping off now, Murray with the break in the third!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Tsonga finally getting the consistency back in his game that's been missing for a while now. Tsonga could make waves in Cincinnati and the US Open if he keeps this form up

ReputationRep:
    i think he have a good chance to win this tournament....maybe i bet again on the french power!

ReputationRep:
    Federer vs Lopez, Tsonga vs Dimitrov

ReputationRep:
    Please Tsonga knock that arrogant little prick out.

ReputationRep:
    Andy needs to get serious. I believe he's now fully recovered physically from his surgery and is back to playing some of his best tennis but something is wrong mentally. He was 3-0 up7 in the third set and somehow managed to let Tsonga win

ReputationRep:
    Federer vs tsonga. Haven't been watching but hoping for a federer win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Federer vs. Tsonga today at 8 pm for the Rogers Cup. Federer has lost three very winnable finals this year (Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon) so I really hope today that he can pull off the win for his first Masters 1000 title since Cincinnati 2012. Saying that, I don't really know what type of form he's in going in to the final as his past three matches have been night matches, and I'm no longer willing to stay up all night just to watch the GOAT slay his pigeons.

As for Tsonga, he is playing very well at the moment and I can't say that I'd be too disappointed if he wins given his run of poor results over the past twelve months. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses badly today though as he's notorious for following up emphatic victories with flat performances in the big matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Federer vs. Tsonga today at 8 pm for the Rogers Cup. Federer has lost three very winnable finals this year (Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon) so I really hope today that he can pull off the win for his first Masters 1000 title since Cincinnati 2012. Saying that, I don't really know what type of form he's in going in to the final as his past three matches have been night matches, and I'm no longer willing to stay up all night just to watch the GOAT slay his pigeons.

As for Tsonga, he is playing very well at the moment and I can't say that I'd be too disappointed if he wins given his run of poor results over the past twelve months. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses badly today though as he's notorious for following up emphatic victories with flat performances in the big matches.
    Having watched bits of his last few matches and highlights he seems to be in good form but has sometimes not finished the matches quickly enough and played some bad tennis at crucial points. As for Tsonga yh he does have that tendency but played a very solid match against Murray(although Murray did let him off the hook at 3-0 up in the 3rd set) to follow up his Djokovic win and then in the next match swept aside Dimitrov like a over hyped player like him deserves to be swiped away. So he does not seem to be letting up .
    I'd be fine with either of them winning as a fan of both but think Federer will scrape a win in 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usamakhanlodhi)
    Having watched bits of his last few matches and highlights he seems to be in good form but has sometimes not finished the matches quickly enough and played some bad tennis at crucial points. As for Tsonga yh he does have that tendency but played a very solid match against Murray(although Murray did let him off the hook at 3-0 up in the 3rd set) to follow up his Djokovic win and then in the next match swept aside Dimitrov like a over hyped player like him deserves to be swiped away. So he does not seem to be letting up .
    I'd be fine with either of them winning as a fan of both but think Federer will scrape a win in 3
    Yeah, I heard somewhere that he squandered six match points on his own serve in the second set against Cilic. For one of the best players of all time his BP conversion rate is laughable, and of course he has to his name a long list of important matches that he has lost after relinquishing match points (USO SF 2010, USO SF 2011, etc.). It's something that used to really irritate me about him but I've just come to expect it now. All I'm hoping for today is that he doesn't need 23 break opportunities to get his first break against Tsonga (c.f. Federer vs. Tsonga Monte-Carlo QF). :crossedf:.

Why the hate for Dimitrov? :confused: I've noticed this quite a bit on the tennis forums and I don't really understand it. I don't mind him myself. I agree that he is over-hyped but of course that's not his fault. He didn't ask for the "Baby Fed" moniker.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping Federer and his lovely hair win the final today. I was depressed for days when he lost the wimbledon final.

ReputationRep:
    Only the 4th time Fed has defeated 3 top 10 players in a tournament.

Thinking Fed in 2 sets, on now.

ReputationRep:
    Near faultless serving so far, 40-0 each point.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.