Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone still doing applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    Yup going to try send one more before the 31st deadline (a few firms I am applying to have February deadlines) how many have you got to do?

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to get some in to some firms which review after the deadline has closed but finding them is hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Yup going to try send one more before the 31st deadline (a few firms I am applying to have February deadlines) how many have you got to do?
    just one more, will send that tomorrow. if you don't mind me asking what firms have a February deadline?

ReputationRep:
    just one more, will send that tomorrow. if you don't mind me asking what firms have a February deadline?
    I think Penningtons Manches, Bevan Brittan, Taylor Vinters all have Feb deadlines I'm also applying for some straight TC applications with deadlines in March and July

Edit: I've just check and Blake Morgan has a March deadline

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can rerecord the answers to video interviews or is it one go? Also is there anyone on the other side of the screen or is it just computer generated?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything at all from slaughters post interview

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Does anyone have any advice for video interviews?
    I have one with Samsung coming up and have never done one before!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyBee67)
    Hey
    Thanks
    If you scroll back there was some excellent advice on them. I just can't remember which page, sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyBee67)
    Hey
    Thanks
    Oh, and congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone happen to know when the dates for the HSF Vac schemes are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    CMS sent me a message saying I have been "invited to a first interview" - is that the assessment centre? Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg7402a)
    Does anyone know if you can rerecord the answers to video interviews or is it one go? Also is there anyone on the other side of the screen or is it just computer generated?

In the one I did, you could rerecord the practice question over and over, but you only had one shot at the real thing.

There was no person actually on the other end, but it played a clip of someone asking a question, who then vanished while I answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLittleMissyx)
    CMS sent me a message saying I have been "invited to a first interview" - is that the assessment centre? Does anyone know?
    I think so, I guess what they're saying is it's the first interview stage for obtaining a training contract. The second interview for the training contract is an assessment centre during the vacation scheme.

ReputationRep:
    Finally received my PFO from Shearman, it's been a good few months since I sent my application off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    In the one I did, you could rerecord the practice question over and over, but you only had one shot at the real thing.

There was no person actually on the other end, but it played a clip of someone asking a question, who then vanished while I answered.
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice for answering this question:

If you could select one incident in your life which best illustrates your character and personality what would it be and why?

I'm unsure whether my answer properly answers the question since I'm not really sure what it's looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshforever92)
    Does anyone have any advice for answering this question:

If you could select one incident in your life which best illustrates your character and personality what would it be and why?

I'm unsure whether my answer properly answers the question since I'm not really sure what it's looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated

Do they have their core values on their firm's website? If so I would make sure I picked an incident that showed off most of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    hey when did you apply? I applied early Jan and still haven't heard anything
    I applied on the day of the deadline - I've seen a few rejections on the board so I would take no news as good news! Hope you hear soon

ReputationRep:
    If a firm recruits on a 'rolling' basis, does that mean that they will send rejections out as they read applications or do some wait until after the deadline?

I've applied to a couple of firms and haven't heard of any rejections yet only interviews for people who applied after me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.