Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received the Christmas email from stats and maths departments just now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flamehaze)
    Considering the accounting department hasn't sent out any offers, I really hope they'll send out a batch of offers before Christmas. Fingers crossed. =)
    erm... offers have been sent out.

ReputationRep:
    For many no news may be good news as it means they are now in the 'gathered field' of applicants for final consideration. Those who do not even qualify to be in the gathered field would have been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS)
    Hmmm, just a few? I have not heard of any offers sent for the past week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Just got this email from LSE (still no decision ):

I write in regards to your application to study the BA in History programme at LSE. This email is to keep you informed on the progress of your application, which is still being assessed at this time.

Please note that the School will be closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays from Wednesday 24 December 2014. The Undergraduate Admissions Office re-opens at 09.00am (UK time) on Monday 5 January 2015.

You will have received an email from us advising you when you are likely to receive an update regarding your application. Please allow an additional two weeks to the time frame specified in our previous update email to accommodate the School closure.
    I just got this for econ history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfWhite)
    For many no news may be good news as it means they are now in the 'gathered field' of applicants for final consideration. Those who do not even qualify to be in the gathered field would have been rejected.
    yay!!! but i haven't seen a single person say they have been rejected this year?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Just got this email from LSE (still no decision ):

I write in regards to your application to study the BA in History programme at LSE. This email is to keep you informed on the progress of your application, which is still being assessed at this time.

Please note that the School will be closed for the Christmas and New Year holidays from Wednesday 24 December 2014. The Undergraduate Admissions Office re-opens at 09.00am (UK time) on Monday 5 January 2015.

You will have received an email from us advising you when you are likely to receive an update regarding your application. Please allow an additional two weeks to the time frame specified in our previous update email to accommodate the School closure.
    Got the same email :yawn: .

(Original post by Mariusk03)
    From what I see you writing on here I'm not entirely sure if you should be applying to LSE.. You need to relax, nobody knows if the 4 week email is good or bad and nobody will be able to tell you if you'll receive an offer.

Just calm down, enjoy the holidays and be happy you received the 4 week email and no rejection.

The people who you are pissing off may very well be your future classmates so think about the impression you're making.

You're applying to one of the world's best universities so act like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've had enough of that guy as well :dry: .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    8 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks .....XD
    Holy moly! Well done! What are your grades / subjects? I am 6 weeks into the 8 week email sent form off mid october... when did you send off your form?

My grades are AAAB in maths, further maths, german and economics. Predicted A*AAA respectivley. 9A* 2A GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS)
    May I ask what your predicted grade is? And are you an international applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Holy moly! Well done! What are your grades / subjects? I am 6 weeks into the 8 week email sent form off mid october... when did you send off your form?

My grades are AAAB in maths, further maths, german and economics. Predicted A*AAA respectivley. 9A* 2A GCSE
    I'm actually also the 6th week into my 8 weeks email. I was just quoting what my friends got. I got aaaA*(maths) for my AS, taking physics, econs, maths and further maths. Predicted A*A*A* for my A2. I'm an international student, but I got 11A* for the national high school exam.

ReputationRep:
    People relax! It is still too early for admission tutors to make the majority of decisions, imagine being a professor at a world top university and having an influx of hundreds of applications in a busy period. You'll receive your decision in due time! Enjoy your christmas holidays as the school closes for 2 weeks. All the best to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Received Christmas email!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    waiting, pretty sure we can't get a reply until after the holidays now. at least i wasn't rejected
    Did you get any other emails after the 8 week one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwl97)
    Did you get any other emails after the 8 week one?
    yes the xmas one. i was 6 weeks into the 8 week email (got it today) so means i have to wait almost a month until the next update
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm actually also the 6th week into my 8 weeks email. I was just quoting what my friends got. I got aaaA*(maths) for my AS, taking physics, econs, maths and further maths. Predicted A*A*A* for my A2. I'm an international student, but I got 11A* for the national high school exam.
    Ohhh ok cool! Nice one! Oooohhhhhh Where are you from if you don't mind me asking as I'm a UK applicant. Where else are you applying? All choices for Accounting and finance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Ohhh ok cool! Nice one! Oooohhhhhh Where are you from if you don't mind me asking as I'm a UK applicant. Where else are you applying? All choices for Accounting and finance?
    I'm from Malaysia. Yep all choices accounting and finance, so far I've got offers from bath, Manchester and Edinburgh. Still waiting for LSE and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    yes the xmas one. i was 6 weeks into the 8 week email (got it today) so means i have to wait almost a month until the next update
    Still havent got the email

ReputationRep:
    Just got the 2 week email
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm from Malaysia. Yep all choices accounting and finance, so far I've got offers from bath, Manchester and Edinburgh. Still waiting for LSE and Warwick.
    Nice! I have offers from Bath, Warwick. I applied to UCL and Nottingham for economics as well; got offer of AABB from Nottingham. So waiting on LSE and UCL...

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh my 8 weeks was supposed to end in two days, but received the Christmas break email yesterday. Sighh bummer.

Hope I can get it first week of Jan or so, but it looks like even Oxford decisions might come out before the majority of LSE ones.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.