Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Submitted app early October.
    I was wondering if you could tell me what types of questions could be asked under the title of skills based? I have my interview on Wednesday and since I've given up all chances of getting a spring week I think it's very important for me to be accepted onto this scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I was wondering if you could tell me what types of questions could be asked under the title of skills based? I have my interview on Wednesday and since I've given up all chances of getting a spring week I think it's very important for me to be accepted onto this scheme.
    Situational questions. How did you respond to x situation sort of questions.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Situational questions. How did you respond to x situation sort of questions.
    So given the fact they have my CV and all the different roles I've had in the past, should I plan answers to any problems that might have occurred and how I dealt with them? Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    So given the fact they have my CV and all the different roles I've had in the past, should I plan answers to any problems that might have occurred and how I dealt with them? Thanks for your help
    Yeah, find a varying range of examples. Make sure they're not all academia related. They want to see what makes you interesting.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, find a varying range of examples. Make sure they're not all academia related. They want to see what makes you interesting.
    That shouldn't be too hard for me, thanks for the tips!

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone mind sharing what specific situational questions you are expecting/ preparing for/ have had at your interview? I'm getting ready for an interview this thursday. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limpan142)
    Would anyone mind sharing what specific situational questions you are expecting/ preparing for/ have had at your interview? I'm getting ready for an interview this thursday. Thanks in advance
    It depends, for which bank?

ReputationRep:
    Good news, BAML Spring week offer.
    Hey apart from questions like why BAML and why your division ?, were there any questions that were hard to answer?. Also apart from knowing about BAML, how in depth do they expect your knowledge to be about the bank and the industry in general ?. This is because my knowledge for this is pretty limited.

Also for the competency questions were there any questions that were hard and what in general were they assessing here (like which competencies) ?.

Already had a few rejections so any help here would be appriciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selfhelp)
    Hey apart from questions like why BAML and why your division ?, were there any questions that were hard to answer?. Also apart from knowing about BAML, how in depth do they expect your knowledge to be about the bank and the industry in general ?. This is because my knowledge for this is pretty limited.

Also for the competency questions were there any questions that were hard and what in general were they assessing here (like which competencies) ?.

Already had a few rejections so any help here would be appriciated.
    Not sure what they expect. I've had some experience in banking before so probably offered more. I reckon if your motivation is on check, you shouldn't have much of a problem.

They ask in a form of situation.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Rothschild?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB Fanboy)
    Anyone heard back from Rothschild?
    No, I even emailed both of their given HR addresses a while ago about an application query, but no reply there either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have dates for all the spring weeks? Is it possible to go for more than one? Or are they all in the same week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peanutdin)
    Anyone have dates for all the spring weeks? Is it possible to go for more than one? Or are they all in the same week?
    Many of them clash but it is possible to do more than one because some of them are during different weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Submitted app early October.
    Congrats !

When did you have the interview ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzapino)
    Congrats !

When did you have the interview ?
    The Friday that's just passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcQuaid)
    No, I even emailed both of their given HR addresses a while ago about an application query, but no reply there either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks - I was just thinkin of emailing them myself, but wasn't sure if it is appropriate. Wondering if you can view your attachements on the careers portal?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else waiting for a telephone interview with RBS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Many of them clash but it is possible to do more than one because some of them are during different weeks.
    Do you know which week this will be for 2015? 13-17 April 2015?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donniee)
    Anyone else waiting for a telephone interview with RBS?
    They send that email to all applicants who've passed the test stage.

ReputationRep:
    What did your email say?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.