Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ettymae)
    Congratulations! I still haven't heard anything... Not too sure what this means

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup still no news for me. I don't think there has been a review of GFS or Diplomatic yet. Just automatic pass/fail. Amber club is still going strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GManTheGMan)
    You will most likely be posted outside of London for one of the placements. Strong compassionate reasons can be taken into account, such as caring responsibilities.
    Thanks for the information. I wouldn't mind commuting to somewhere outside of London for one of the six month placements, but it would be a deal breaker if I had to do it for longer than that. I've just bought a flat so I'm not really in a position to start moving around the country at a few weeks notice..

Does anyone know when we would likely find out about out of London postings? I'm on the GFS scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    £28500 in NI last year

I thought Diplomatic was supposed to be lower as well
    Yep, I can only speak for the corporate streams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kripke)
    Thanks for the information. I wouldn't mind commuting to somewhere outside of London for one of the six month placements, but it would be a deal breaker if I had to do it for longer than that. I've just bought a flat so I'm not really in a position to start moving around the country at a few weeks notice..

Does anyone know when we would likely find out about out of London postings? I'm on the GFS scheme.
    6-8 weeks beforehand. If you have a mortgage, you may be able to get assistance with that.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    Yup still no news for me. I don't think there has been a review of GFS or Diplomatic yet. Just automatic pass/fail. Amber club is still going strong.
    Ditto on the Communications stream, unless anyone here on Comms has been passed/failed?

ReputationRep:
    Any news about DaT final selection board?

ReputationRep:
    Any news on the feedback reports? I did my FSAC on 26th Nov, and I've had my stats placement confirmed, including start date etc. I still haven't had the feedback and up until recently there was a message saying that feedback would be sent by the end of January, but that message has now disappeared. Has anyonehad their feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailss)
    When you received this were you given your location too? I received a phonecall from one of the Fast Stream managers who said it would likely be 6/8 weeks before the start of employment that I would find out - not a lot of time if I have to move from Scotland! He also said salary is £27k regardless of location!

I wasn't given a location. I was placed in DWP so I assume I'll be moving out of Scotland. No phone calls yet either - which stream are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d41k57)
    Any news on the feedback reports? I did my FSAC on 26th Nov, and I've had my stats placement confirmed, including start date etc. I still haven't had the feedback and up until recently there was a message saying that feedback would be sent by the end of January, but that message has now disappeared. Has anyonehad their feedback?
    Hoping they'll be up by the end of this week then. Had FSAC on 8 December and no feedback yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Ditto on the Communications stream, unless anyone here on Comms has been passed/failed?
    Hopefully there will be a review this week... if there is, it will probably be a 6pm Friday job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been given a definite yes for diplomatic stream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fsds56)
    Anyone been given a definite yes for diplomatic stream?
    Liz28 (page 89 of this thread) has a definite yet for GFS DS, i.e. through to FSB. I don't think I've seen anyone else saying they've passed.

Anyone heard for EFS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreordained99)
    Liz28 (page 89 of this thread) has a definite yet for GFS DS, i.e. through to FSB. I don't think I've seen anyone else saying they've passed.

Anyone heard for EFS?
    What's the typical score to get automatically through like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    What's the typical score to get automatically through like that?
    I'm not sure anyone worked out the pass marks exactly last year, but (from memory) I think they were roughly:

DS - 18.20 ish
    CD - 16.30 ish

2013 was (I didn't compile this list - look at the 2013 thread for details):
    CD - 16.70
    DS - 18.04
    EFS - 16.89-17.96

I'm guessing anyone with a high 18/19 score would pass to FSB immediately, but it's just a guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreordained99)
    I'm not sure anyone worked out the pass marks exactly last year, but (from memory) I think they were roughly:

DS - 18.20 ish
    CD - 16.30 ish

2013 was (I didn't compile this list - look at the 2013 thread for details):
    CD - 16.70
    DS - 18.04
    EFS - 16.89-17.96

I'm guessing anyone with a high 18/19 score would pass to FSB immediately, but it's just a guess
    Cheers. I guess I'm just wondering if being amber banded for both is a positive sign in regards at least getting a CD pass. The thinking there obviously being that DS automatic fail may be quite high - over 17?

Could be that they just have really high and really low at the minute though I suppose.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I suspect each scheme also has a differing passmark for each competency which may explain why you're still amber in CD and DS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d41k57)

(Original post by rs2210)
    Hoping they'll be up by the end of this week then. Had FSAC on 8 December and no feedback yet.
    My message says there'll be no feedback until ALL results are in, which I'm led to believe is March!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    Cheers. I guess I'm just wondering if being amber banded for both is a positive sign in regards at least getting a CD pass. The thinking there obviously being that DS automatic fail may be quite high - over 17?

Could be that they just have really high and really low at the minute though I suppose.
    I'd agree that the odds of passing DS are probably lower if you are amber for CD too. But then again as you say, they might have set a very early initial pass rate for CD at something as high as 18. In which case you would certainly still stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    I suspect each scheme also has a differing passmark for each competency which may explain why you're still amber in CD and DS
    To my knowledge this is not the case.
    The schemes have differing pass marks for the total only.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone passed for HR yet? I'm still waiting to hear but to be fair I only did my FSAC on Monday. I do think I may have quite a bit of waiting yet which is very irritating when you just want to know asap.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.