Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holdaboss)
    Applying for straight Eco at UCL, QMUL, LSE, Surrey and Southampton.

Got my QM offer yesterday, anyone got any offers at any of my other institutions I've applied for? If so how long did they take?
    Got Southampton 3 weeks after applying

ReputationRep:
    Applying for straight Eco at UCL, QMUL, LSE, Surrey and Southampton.

Got my QM offer yesterday, anyone got any offers at any of my other institutions I've applied for? If so how long did they take?
    I've got LSE, UCL and Surrey. Surrey was around 2 weeks after my application, UCL was around a month, LSE was around 1 week after UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got Exeter for Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I've got LSE, UCL and Surrey. Surrey was around 2 weeks after my application, UCL was around a month, LSE was around 1 week after UCL.
    (Original post by Wojtek97)
    Got Southampton 3 weeks after applying
    Sounds like I shouldn't be waiting too long for Surrey and Southampton then

EHZ what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking, seeing as you have been successful at both UCL and LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow congratz mate
    Still in the process of sending my application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArseneWenger)
    Hello, I got an offer from UCL straight economics, but I new regret having applied to Bath and Warwick (I got offers from them asking me for the same grades as UCL), and think I should have applied to both the UCL straight Econ and the one year abroad.

Do you guys think I can email UCL, explaining my situation, and asking them to also consider me for the one year abroad program, or something like that ?

Thanks!
    If I were you I would email UCL and firstly explain that you are excited to be studying Economics at UCL and then ask if it is possible to change to Economics with a year abroad. You could also include in the email that, if on results day some people don't meet their offers for Economics with a year abroad, for them to contact you if there are any vacancies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    Congrats! What offer did York give you?
    Triple A, torn between York and Leeds hopefully as insurance choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wojtek97)
    Has anyone got Exeter for Economics?
    I haven't applied there but a couple guys I know got A*A*A offers which is a bit steep, guess they must be swamped with applicants this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flather)
    I haven't applied there but a couple guys I know got A*A*A offers which is a bit steep, guess they must be swamped with applicants this year
    My friend's dad called their admission office.They said the higher the predicted grades,the higher the offer will be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    My friend's dad called their admission office.They said the higher the predicted grades,the higher the offer will be!
    Think these guys were A*AA predicts, just shows you it is not worth over inflating your predicts though in case someone asks you to get them though. No one will go if its 2A* though all those guys will have offers from Cambridge or Warwick that are lower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering about the offers.
    If i got an offer from bristol for bsc economics and finance for aaa
    Is it possible to get accepted with a*ab instead?

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like I shouldn't be waiting too long for Surrey and Southampton then

EHZ what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking, seeing as you have been successful at both UCL and LSE?
    3A* + A in AS FM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow congratz mate
    Still in the process of sending my application!
    You seem to have been in the process for a very long time! Cheers tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flather)
    Think these guys were A*AA predicts, just shows you it is not worth over inflating your predicts though in case someone asks you to get them though. No one will go if its 2A* though all those guys will have offers from Cambridge or Warwick that are lower
    Good point!Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    You seem to have been in the process for a very long time! Cheers tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school's delayed it.Will send it off this Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    My ability to read economics articles is slowly grinding to a halt this evening. So tired. Anyone read this weeks economist already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My school's delayed it.Will send it off this Thursday!
    It took my school 2 weeks to write a reference so I applied pretty late as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    It took my school 2 weeks to write a reference so I applied pretty late as well
    Same here!
    I can't find anyone who's applied to the universities I want to apply to!Everyone seems to apply to Oxford and Cambridge(my cousin had his interview in Cambridge some days ago)

ReputationRep:
    Good point!Where did you apply?
    Durham, Leeds, York, Newcastle and Leicester

ReputationRep:
    Same here!
    I can't anyone who's applied to the universities I want to apply to!Everyone seems to apply to Oxford and Cambridge(my cousin had his interview in Cambridge some days ago)
    For econ? How was it anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.