Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good idea to choose that as it includes the study abroad or stick with Management with the year in industry. I don't think I'm that fussed on the Marketing bit as I think there are optional modules relating to marketing for the International Management?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PearJosh)
    Is it a good idea to choose that as it includes the study abroad or stick with Management with the year in industry. I don't think I'm that fussed on the Marketing bit as I think there are optional modules relating to marketing for the International Management?
    I wanted to transfer to Intl Management as well (I'm from IBFE) but I eventually came to the conclusion that a year in industry would be better (for the experience you get and that it helps you secure a job more easily after you graduate..and never read that you have to complete it in the UK) But, I'm an EU Student..so I'm already going to be studying abroad, so I don't know if this helps you )

I think they're pretty similar, apart from some modules, so it's up to you if you prefer a year of studying abroad or one working in the industry

ReputationRep:
    I want to do the same as you but transfer from IBFE to international management as I prefer the modules, who did you email and what did you say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabbst16)
    I wanted to transfer to Intl Management as well (I'm from IBFE) but I eventually came to the conclusion that a year in industry would be better (for the experience you get and that it helps you secure a job more easily after you graduate..and never read that you have to complete it in the UK) But, I'm an EU Student..so I'm already going to be studying abroad, so I don't know if this helps you )

I think they're pretty similar, apart from some modules, so it's up to you if you prefer a year of studying abroad or one working in the industry
    Yeah I understand how doing a placement will be much easier in finding employment after, but recently the thought of studying abroad seems attracting. Only difference being, less modules on marketing and not being in year in industry. Not sure if I will regret changing my course later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshH3)
    I want to do the same as you but transfer from IBFE to international management as I prefer the modules, who did you email and what did you say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't emailed them yet, I'm still not 100% sure if I really want to compromise the year in industry for a study abroad. I think the year in industry is better in the long term but studying abroad is also nice. If anyone knows any people doing well after a study abroad compared to a year in industry

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Manchester for Geography BSc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but when do we get to actually register for classes? I know it's still early. I'm just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeetime)
    I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but when do we get to actually register for classes? I know it's still early. I'm just curious.
    Normally once you're there - if you've got optional modules they'll want to talk you through your choices (and how to battle your way through the software), and if you haven't they'll probably just give you a timetable when you get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Manchester for law and politics and I applied to Richmond and sheavyn for accommodation ☺️

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Chemical Engineering with a foundation year and now i'm wondering between two halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmitevA)
    I firmed Chemical Engineering with a foundation year and now i'm wondering between two halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you read this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Have you read this thread?
    I'm reading it now...it's a bit too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmitevA)
    I'm reading it now...it's a bit too long
    Apologies, I forgot to paste in this link :facepalm: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2091577

There's really no need to read all of this thread!

ReputationRep:
    Apologies, I forgot to paste in this link :facepalm: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2091577

There's really no need to read all of this thread!
    I understood what you meant cause I saw that you have written it. Very useful by the way! You saved me hours if browsing and reading. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estella97)
    I firmed Manchester for law and politics and I applied to Richmond and sheavyn for accommodation ☺️

So did I!! which halls did you put as your first choice? I put sheavyn

ReputationRep:
    Normally once you're there - if you've got optional modules they'll want to talk you through your choices (and how to battle your way through the software), and if you haven't they'll probably just give you a timetable when you get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks once again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inny!)
    So did I!! which halls did you put as your first choice? I put sheavyn
    My first choice was Richmond because someone told me it was really nice ☺️

ReputationRep:
    I haven't emailed them yet, I'm still not 100% sure if I really want to compromise the year in industry for a study abroad. I think the year in industry is better in the long term but studying abroad is also nice. If anyone knows any people doing well after a study abroad compared to a year in industry
    It is sometimes possible to do a work placement abroad - if it is possible on your course, it might be a suitable compromise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is sometimes possible to do a work placement abroad - if it is possible on your course, it might be a suitable compromise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your view on a work placement and a study abroad, experience/benefits/cons/employability?

ReputationRep:
    What's your view on a work placement and a study abroad, experience/benefits/cons/employability?
    From an employability point of view, the work placement is better. Study abroad isn't useless - many employers value people with experience of living and working abroad - but industrial experience will generally give you more to talk about. I believe that about a third of all graduates get their first job with a company they've already worked for, and it's not uncommon to end up working where you did your placement, if you impress.

On the other hand, you'll probably have more fun studying abroad.

Have you thought about taking a pre uni gap year and going traveling as an alternative to study abroad? I did it and it was a great experience that vastly helped my employability (transferable skills from bar work, plus evidence of having lived and worked abroad) and it was really enjoyable, whilst part fuelling and part satisfying my wanderlust! The other alternative is to do a masters abroad, if you can afford it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.