Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omar4)
    Lol thanks for the reply. Im doing aerospace engineering but have a 2:1.
    i'll just stick to imperial, warwick etc.
    Have read ETA above too?

It's just a very few examples that I happened to know personally.
    I think you should contact the relavant department to ask about their stance. Please do not make up your mind so easily only because of one post in Internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Have read ETA above too?

It's just a very few examples that I happened to know personally.
    I think you should contact the relavant department to ask about their stance. Please do not make up your mind so easily only because of one post in Internet.
    ETA?
    Well i've other forums and didnt hear anyone for sure who got an offer with a 2:1.

What should i ask them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    That's odd - was just looking again and all the 2015 offer data has mysteriously disappeared...
    Wanted to check maths offers ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omar4)
    ETA?
    Well i've other forums and didnt hear anyone for sure who got an offer with a 2:1.

What should i ask them?
    ETA= edited to add. About in the middle of my post.

Send email to postgrad admission office at the department with your details and ask if they'd consider your application. Just one email. You'll get much more accurate info than any forum!

ReputationRep:
    Wow I missed the brief release of application data

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Wow I missed the brief release of application data
    Ikr. Gutted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been waiting months for this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by omar4)
    Lol thanks for the reply. Im doing aerospace engineering but have a 2:1.
    i'll just stick to imperial, warwick etc.
    Maybe also ask the guys on this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2829973
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Wanted to check maths offers ...
    I must have broke it...

ReputationRep:
    I must have broke it...
    How much were offers up by?
    Since STEP offers have increased in Imperial and Cambridge as you say. Either the Papers are going to be disgusting ir the boundaries will be. Or both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOADS of Imperial offer holders have STEP. Will they affect the boundaries alot. We shall see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    How much were offers up by?
    Since STEP offers have increased in Imperial and Cambridge as you say. Either the Papers are going to be disgusting ir the boundaries will be. Or both
    Christ's Engineering had doubled its 2015 offers compared with 2014. They also had STEP requirement in 2013 & 2014 but didn't increase the number of offers that much and ended up with fewer acceptances than 2012. So it looks like they've increased offers to get a similar number of engineers as they had back in 2012.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    All first year accommodation is allocated after results day ( or at least at my college ) and you only get a choice of price bracket on results day you will probably know your college and so there's nothing to worry about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thank you for clearing that up.

ReputationRep:
    That's odd - was just looking again and all the 2015 offer data has mysteriously disappeared...
    Maybe this is a bit desperate, but you didn't happen to see the Christ's Philosophy data, did you?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    Maybe this is a bit desperate, but you didn't happen to see the Christ's Philosophy data, did you?
    Philosophically yes. But actually no.

ReputationRep:
    Trinity
    Natural Science

ReputationRep:
    I hope the data comes back on today

ReputationRep:
    Do I or don't I book a ticket at the Cambridge open day? I haven't been to one before, and I think it would be useful to see the Engineering Department (plus I'd love an excuse to go to Cambridge again).

It says "exclusively for undergraduate applicants", and you have to give a bunch of your details, which has put me off. It's quite awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Do I or don't I book a ticket at the Cambridge open day? I haven't been to one before, and I think it would be useful to see the Engineering Department (plus I'd love an excuse to go to Cambridge again).

It says "exclusively for undergraduate applicants", and you have to give a bunch of your details, which has put me off. It's quite awkward.
    Do it!! Was considering the same today lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Do it!! Was considering the same today lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm thinking about it too! Is there no way to just pop in and visit, no booking, like most other university open days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.