Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What a start. Gettem chiefs.

ReputationRep:
    Well that as a contest was dreadful. I like my Chiefs to the Superbowl pick though.

ReputationRep:
    Good game. Terrible sportsmanship at the end.

Going to regret staying up thud late but Nvm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well, I'm 0-for-2. The thing is, the Bengals were in a good position, and then realised they hated the thought of winning a playoff game, so became the Bungles and self-destructed. No excuses for that pathetic last stand, although 30 yards in personal foul penalties is beyond ridiculous given the situation.

Also, congrats to the Chiefs for winning a playoff game in my lifetime. They were long overdue.

Pittsburgh-Denver it is. Chiefs will be a very stiff test for New England.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Less than 2 minutes to go and you're leading with the ball.

Fumble
    Dangerous headshot resulting in 15 yard penalty (And will have to result in a fine/suspension)
    Another penalty after one of your players shoves the ref resulting in another 15, putting Steelers in the FG range.
    FG scored with 18 secs left.

Yeah I'd say the Bengals did a stand up job in self destruction. Thoroughly deserve to lose after that last minute. The fans too, throwing stuff at Roethlisberger when he was being taken off, then throwing debris at the Steelers players after the final whistle. Disgraceful was how the commentator summed it up and I agree.

Edit: After the headshot Brown has been diagnosed with concussion. No surprise there http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ith-concussion

ReputationRep:
    Well wildcard weekend part 1 had the requisite craziness but not in the sort of manner I want to see it. Can we just have two good, sporting contests played in the right way tonight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Well wildcard weekend part 1 had the requisite craziness but not in the sort of manner I want to see it. Can we just have two good, sporting contests played in the right way tonight?
    I hope so. Should be 2 very different types of contests too. I'm praying the skins packers game is a shoot out, and the seahawks Viks game is a smashmouth, run heavy, defensively contested matchup. That's what you'd expect, but after last night i just don't even know.

As a side note I had a little bet on the Chiefs game last night. Got just under evens for longest FG being over 43 yards. Seemed a strange market, and with Santos leg and consistency, and both teams being Defence first it really stood out. It's 45 or over in the hawks game and I might go again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    I hope so. Should be 2 very different types of contests too. I'm praying the skins packers game is a shoot out, and the seahawks Viks game is a smashmouth, run heavy, defensively contested matchup. That's what you'd expect, but after last night i just don't even know.

As a side note I had a little bet on the Chiefs game last night. Got just under evens for longest FG being over 43 yards. Seemed a strange market, and with Santos leg and consistency, and both teams being Defence first it really stood out. It's 45 or over in the hawks game and I might go again.
    I got brave and went Match Result & Anytime TD Scorer four-fold. Travis Kelce killed me on the first leg. It was only £1 though for like £80 so I don't really care, may go in on the double tonight. Seattle/Baldwin Washington/Reed. The Skybet price boost of Peterson/Baldwin both to score TD's at 4's is a bit tasty too.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Case of who I want to win and who I think will win being different today. Hoping the Vikings and Packers can win, but I think it's gonna be Seahawks and Redskins

ReputationRep:
    Come on Vikings #skol

ReputationRep:
    Im new to this post so just thought id say hi, Im a cardinals fan and how far do you guys think they can go?

ReputationRep:
    -6 degrees in Minneapolis.... Fahrenheit!!! :eek:

I think that's around the -15 to -20 degrees Celsius mark, wow that is cold, I can hardly imagine being out in that, let alone playing sport in that lol. Would love to see the Seahawks make the SB again, but can't see them doing it again, Vikings, Cardinals and probably Panthers all on the road, 6 wins in 7 and Wilson is in the form of his life at the moment, but doesn't get much tougher than that for a playoff run.

ReputationRep:
    Well this has been one for the purists so far. It' still close enough though because of the lack of scoring. It's hard to be enthralled by the game but now we're in the crunch I suppose something has to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Well this has been one for the purists so far. It' still close enough though because of the lack of scoring. It's hard to be enthralled by the game but now we're in the crunch I suppose something has to happen.
    Think the seahawks have done enough now. D wins championships....
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Typical Seahawks. I hope they get torched by Carolina.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    He missed it!!!

Seahawks win, deservedly so
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Typical Seahawks. I hope they get torched by Carolina.
    Ha.

As a Seahawk fan, they deserved it after The Worst Call Ever at the end of their last playoff game.

ReputationRep:
    Unbe-fudging-lievable. What just happened? It was just left and left and more left! Craziness. My playoff picker is still alive but Seattle play like that in Carolina and they're in trouble.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Ha.

As a Seahawk fan, they deserved it after The Worst Call Ever at the end of their last playoff game.
    Was hardly a deserved win, they rode their luck after a series of fumbles by the Vikings as well as of course the missed kick at the end (Laces out ffs!). That was definitely Vikings to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    My wildcard picks.

Green Bay (5) to beat Washington (4)
    Seattle (6) over Minnesota (3)
    Kansas City (5) to beat Houston (4)
    Pittsburgh (6). To beat Cincinnati (3)

Anyone else planning on staying up till 4am ish to watch the games tonight?
    3/3 so far.

And the one I'm most confident of is the last one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.