The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    What does that mean? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Both.
    I agree with the first but disagree with the second.

ReputationRep:
    Salaam all!, long time since I commented on this thread.

Was a bit curious, do any of you attend the gym? Kinda lonely in my blog at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCMFM16)
    I have no respect for those who take stuff like that as a joke. They are just promoting Islamic hate and aren't benefitting the Ummrah
    Assalaamu Aleykum

It was a post satiring the view that Islam promotes terrorism as well as providing light humour for the people here - everyone knows me here and I have been with this Isoc for around a year now, so no one takes it seriously. Sorry that you didn't see it that way, Akhi...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    I agree with the first but disagree with the second.
    Why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic_man)
    What does that mean? :confused:
    Hadith Qudsi 30:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:If My servant likes to meet Me, I like to meet him; and if he dislikes to meet Me, I dislike to meet him. Prophetic explanation of this Sacred Hadith: He who likes to meet Allah, Allah likes to meet him; and he who dislikes to meet Allah, Allah dislikes to meet him. Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: O Prophet of Allah, is it because of the dislike of death, for all of us dislike death? The Prophet (pbuh) said: It is not so, but rather it is that when the believer is given news of Allah's mercy, His approval and His Paradise, he likes to meet Allah and Allah likes to meet him; but when the unbeliever is given news of Allah's punishment and His displeasure, he dislikes to meet Allah and Allah dislikes to meet him.

It was related by al-Bukhari and Malik. The Prophetic version is related by Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Salaam all!, long time since I commented on this thread.

Was a bit curious, do any of you attend the gym? Kinda lonely in my blog at the moment
    Wa'alikumussalaam bro hope you're doing well alhamdulillah!

sorry man i don't go gym, i checked the thread though and was like wth does all this mean :d

ReputationRep:
    Name:  INHERIT ilm.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  105.9 KB
    [Taken from Gems and Jewels, by Abdul Malik Mujahid]

ReputationRep:
    حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، وَعَلِيُّ بْنُ حُجْرٍ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، - وَهُوَ ابْنُ جَعْفَرٍ - عَنِ الْعَلاَءِ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ أَتَدْرُونَ مَا الْمُفْلِسُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا الْمُفْلِسُ فِينَا مَنْ لاَ دِرْهَمَ لَهُ وَلاَ مَتَاعَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّ الْمُفْلِسَ مِنْ أُمَّتِي يَأْتِي يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ بِصَلاَةٍ وَصِيَامٍ وَزَكَاةٍ وَيَأْتِي قَدْ شَتَمَ هَذَا وَقَذَفَ هَذَا وَأَكَلَ مَالَ هَذَا وَسَفَكَ دَمَ هَذَا وَضَرَبَ هَذَا فَيُعْطَى هَذَا مِنْ حَسَنَاتِهِ وَهَذَا مِنْ حَسَنَاتِهِ فَإِنْ فَنِيَتْ حَسَنَاتُهُ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُقْضَى مَا عَلَيْهِ أُخِذَ مِنْ خَطَايَاهُمْ فَطُرِحَتْ عَلَيْهِ ثُمَّ طُرِحَ فِي النَّارِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
    Do you know who is poor? They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) said: A poor man amongst us is one who has neither dirham with him nor wealth. He (the Holy Prophet) said: The poor of my Umma would be he who would come on the Day of Resurrecton with prayers and fasts and Zakat but (he would find himself bankrupt on that day as he would have exhausted his funds of virtues) since he hurled abuses upon others, brought calumny against others and unlawfully consumed the wealth of others and shed the blood of others and beat others, and his virtues would be credited to the account of one (who suffered at his hand). And if his good deeds fall short to clear the account, then his sins would be entered in (his account) and he would be thrown in the Hell-Fire.

[Saheeh Muslim]

ReputationRep:
    Never break a Muslim's heart by refusing what he offers you, when you know that anything that comes to you through him is in reality from Allah, and he is only His powerless and compelled means.................Imam al Haddad[from 'Book of Assistance']

ReputationRep:
    O Allah, Remove the Hardship, Oh Lord of Mankind, Grant cure, for You are the Healer, There is not Cure but from You, cure which leaves no illness behind (while patting the sick person, recite) [Sahih al-Bukhari] Make dua for all the Sick Muslimin

ReputationRep:
    Allah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the hearts conceal." (Qur'an 40: 19)

ReputationRep:
    ''Get used to a rough life,for luxury does not last forever''....................
    - Umar ibn al-Khattab (radiAllahu anhu)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    O Allah, Remove the Hardship, Oh Lord of Mankind, Grant cure, for You are the Healer, There is not Cure but from You, cure which leaves no illness behind (while patting the sick person, recite) [Sahih al-Bukhari] Make dua for all the Sick Muslimin
    Ameen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))

[Taken from Gems and Jewels, by Abdul Malik Mujahid]
    :yy: Alhamdulillah (all praise is due to Allah) and peace and blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad (SAW)!

(prsom)

(Original post by Iqbal007)
    Ameen (O'Allah please accept our prayers)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)
    The Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam) said:

Indeed the cure for ignorance is to ask.

Hasan - related by Aboo Daawood (332), Ibn Maajah (464) and Ahmad (1/380) and declared to be hasan by Shaykh al-Albaanee in asSaheehah (4323).

"O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing.
    Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith." - Quran 5:101-102

Also, that extract from the Dawud hadith is somewhat out of context. Muhammad was chastising some people for not knowing the details of ablution ritual.

This quote from Ibn al-Qayyim helps put it in context.
    "And ignorance is a fatal malady and its cure is in
    Two things together in agreement:
    A text from the Qur.aan or from the Sunnah
    And a physician possessing knowledge of the Deen."

Not debating, just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm new! Awesome to see an islamic society

I saw a thread which asked should islam be banned, this forum seems very against us???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    "O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, Allah will forgive those: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing.
    Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith." - Quran 5:101-102

Also, that extract from the Dawud hadith is somewhat out of context. Muhammad was chastising some people for not knowing the details of ablution ritual.

This quote from Ibn al-Qayyim helps put it in context.
    "And ignorance is a fatal malady and its cure is in
    Two things together in agreement:
    A text from the Qur.aan or from the Sunnah
    And a physician possessing knowledge of the Deen."

Not debating, just saying.
    Alhamdulillah. Allah forbid unnecessary questions but allowed them to ask questions if people were unsure about something which was revealed through quran and Rasul Allah . Jzk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd fc2)
    Hi guys, I'm new! Awesome to see an islamic society

I saw a thread which asked should islam be banned, this forum seems very against us???

Hello! welcome welcome

Hope you'll learn a lot from things posted here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    Which Madrasah?
    Yes he is a good teacher... But he's very soft and a lot of students take advantage of it unfortunately...
    Not me though...
    Madrasah Naqeebul Islam. (Girls evening classes.)
    aw yeah he is very soft but Alhumdulillah a great ustaad. Allahuma barik lahu.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.