Tottenham Hotspur 1
    Chelsea 1
    Southampton 1
    Stoke City 1
    West Bromwich Albion 1
    Newcastle 1
    MK Dons 1
    Arsenal 0
    What's really weird about this is Man City who play a similar style of football to arsenal usually beat utd but arsenal usually **** up

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen such a season where we've barely been in the top four since the start of it. Must be some sort of record.

This weekend is a pivitol one. A draw between the saints and Liverpool or at most a Liverpool win would be ideal if we were to beat Palace. We can finally start cementing ambitions to finish third or at least stay in fourth. Tottenham/West Ham and Swans/United could see points dropped too but I doubt it for the latter match.

All in all I'd be happy to see is back up there by the end of this weekend. Would be fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    x
    Aha no worries, I'll let you take that credit then

Cavani is an upgrade on the current Falcao in mostly every way, including on price if Monaco refuse to lower their valuation (which they would be idiots not to do).

BTW I can't reply to anything on my user page, but if you want my email or something then let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Aha no worries, I'll let you take that credit then

Cavani is an upgrade on the current Falcao in mostly every way, including on price if Monaco refuse to lower their valuation (which they would be idiots not to do).

BTW I can't reply to anything on my user page, but if you want my email or something then let me know
    Gosh it's pretty late...we should be fast asleep :holmes: we've got a match to hold our breath for tomorrow!

That's true and tbh I couldn't care less about the likes of Cavani or Falcao anymore, I'd be quite irritated if we continued to get linked with them in the summer.

Aha I see you've sorted that bit out already. I'll just reply to the VM instead to avoid going off topic

ReputationRep:
    Gosh it's pretty late...we should be fast asleep :holmes: we've got a match to hold our breath for tomorrow!

That's true and tbh I couldn't care less about the likes of Cavani or Falcao anymore, I'd be quite irritated if we continued to get linked with them in the summer.

Aha I see you've sorted that bit out already. I'll just reply to the VM instead to avoid going off topic

I won't be sleeping for a while, I have rediscovered Arkham City

I remember people flipping out at the fact we bought Welbz on deadline day, and Utd got Falcao like an hour after, but it's funny how things change, eh? I am more annoyed when we are linked to strikers we have no interest in whatsoever - people like Dybala, Cerci etc (although I am hoping we can steal Immobile from Dortmund due to their fall in form).

Yeah I managed to, good idea
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Numan786)
    What's really weird about this is Man City who play a similar style of football to arsenal usually beat utd but arsenal usually **** up
    Well City are our main rivals so its a bit different when you're playing a local derby. Its like wondering why Spurs usually roll over for Arsenal, yet we haven't beaten them at all in 3 years.

I have never seen such a season where we've barely been in the top four since the start of it. Must be some sort of record.
    Were you living under a rock 2 seasons ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    x
    Welbeck needs to step up tbh!
    Loolol I swear I'll flip out if we're linked with Benzema, Falcao, Cavan, Higuain etc. The Higuain thing still gets to me till this day I swear :cry2:

(Original post by sr90)
    Were you living under a rock 2 seasons ago?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe :ninja:
    iirc didn't we finish 3rd that season...must be a sign.
    Oh wait..2011/12 we finished 3rd me thinks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welbeck needs to step up tbh!
    Loolol I swear I'll flip out if we're linked with Benzema, Falcao, Cavan, Higuain etc. The Higuain thing still gets to me till this day I swear :cry2:

Maybe :ninja:
    iirc didn't we finish 3rd that season...must be a sign.
    Oh wait..2011/12 we finished 3rd me thinks.
    Arsenal weren't in the top four once until Easter :laugh: Spurs had something like 72 points and still messed up.

Spurs gonna Spurs. It's why I don't see them as a threat now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Arsenal weren't in the top four once until Easter :laugh: Spurs had something like 72 points and still messed up.

Spurs gonna Spurs. It's why I don't see them as a threat now.
    Spurs are the original crumblers tbh, 10 point lead in March thrown away in style.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Spurs are the original crumblers tbh, 10 point lead in March thrown away in style.
    The funniest part was the year they actually managed to come 4th... and still didn't qualify :lol:

Lived in halls with a Spurs fan that year and relentlessly took the piss. Unfortunately that was the year we lost the league so he got his revenge.

ReputationRep:
    That 5-2 in March 2012 was one of the best games ever at the Emirates tbh, best feeling we'd had in a while, until we beat them 5-2 again 6 months later :laugh:

Shoutout to Bac Sagna for his pulling the first back at 2-0 down, where would Arsenal be without that goal I wonder? Not in the CL that season at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    It was a 7 point lead.

Although the season before they were 15 points ahead of you lot and you clawed it back. Spurs are so **** when under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, do Arsenal tend to do better with or without Walcott?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Just wondering, do Arsenal tend to do better with or without Walcott?
    W/o him we have more control over games, typically less goal scoring threat but with Sanchez in the side now it's unclear whether he offers the same synergies that he did 2012/13. Like most of these kinds of wingers, he's frustrating and sometimes it feels like we're playing with 10 men whereas at other times the opposition are in a constant state of flux trying to get him under control, and you know he'll take any half chance that comes his way. Finishing has improved hugely since 2011/12. Of course Theo loves scoring in big games which is an interesting trait for an Arsenal player

Walcott's finishing is rusty atm though so hopefully he gets back to his former level in which he was a dependable 15 goal a season winger. He is a player you expect to see in the XI when fit

ReputationRep:
    Why does Wenger insist in starting Welbeck?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Why does Wenger insist in starting Welbeck?
    In fairness this is his kind of game isn't it? Good defensive work rate to help against their wingers and capable to countering their counters too.

ReputationRep:
    As long as Walcott provides a return then I don't care how involved he is in games. Giroud and Welbeck both have high defensive work rates to compensate

ReputationRep:
    If we win todays game there's a very good chance of reaching 3rd in the table. UTD have Swansea away which I expect them to draw and Southampton vs Liverpool will also result in some one dropping points (preferably both draw). I just hope that we manage to maintain some consistency/form and grind out our results. I know we've got easy teams but relegation battle starts so none of the fixtures are actually "easy". We've still got Liverpool, UTD and Chelsea to play so by no means is it plain sailing, but if City keep dropping points then 2nd might be possible too.

Also nice to hear that Henry has started coaching our youth.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah agree with Welbeck inclusion here tbh we need his defensive contribution in general because of players like Ozil not having the workrate. Infact that line up is spot on from Wenger today I reckon. I'm liking the offensiveness, hopefully it works out and Cazorla has another god like performance otherwise it could backfire and leave Coq exposed

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.