This discussion is closed.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
About a minute or two. I'm obviously tired; I'll have to have a break ...and have a ...
(Original post by InnerTemple)
Nap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coffee. I'm going with Coffee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Just looking back at past governments, why on earth would someone rule with just 14 seats in a house of 50:eek: why not just let no government exist...
Turnout was appalling and we could depend on some Liber and Lib votes, having 2 parties (plus originally Faland) just made it easier to manage.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When debating one encounters two kinds of right winger. The first, is the dangerous kind. They're familiar with Friedman and their social policy is based on quaint, nostalgic values. Fiercely intellectual they back up their beliefs with vigour. You can refute and counter but never fully convince for their ideas make just enough 'sense' to them that they'll never relinquish them. The second, is the Daily Mail reader. Gullible and spiteful, their beliefs can be broken down easily (as they're based on a pile of lies and propaganda rather than thought and logic) and, if your lucky, they might walk away ready to rethink their stance.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For those with Facebook, I just rediscovered this rather amusing video of Ed Miliband cutting up a paragraph and answering every question in an interview with the same words.

https://www.facebook.com/Jason.M00n/...6462977316341/
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
For those with Facebook, I just rediscovered this rather amusing video of Ed Miliband cutting up a paragraph and answering every question in an interview with the same words.

https://www.facebook.com/Jason.M00n/...6462977316341/
Ah yes, this was hilarious!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whiskey anyone?
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Ah yes, this was hilarious!
It sounded like he got stuck in some loop (or more realistically that he's sticking to a script). I think the programmers back at Labour HQ need to fix quite a few glitches before the EdMilidroid 2000 is safely unleashed.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
Whiskey anyone?
As long as you're buying!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It sounded like he got stuck in some loop (or more realistically that he's sticking to a script). I think the programmers back at Labour HQ need to fix quite a few glitches before the EdMilidroid 2000 is safely unleashed.

As long as you're buying!
Ahh what the hell... fine!
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Whiskey anyone?
Yeah sure, I'll get the next round.
I certainly think he's a lot better now. But the whole "awwh, your poor and I pity you" rhetoric is getting boring now. We need to put aside the rhetoric while the negotiations are still go on, he's acting in a reckless and provocative manner and we should get around the negotiating table and stop it happening again.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah sure, I'll get the next round.

I certainly think he's a lot better now. But the whole "awwh, your poor and I pity you" rhetoric is getting boring now. We need to put aside the rhetoric while the negotiations are still go on, he's acting in a reckless and provocative manner and we should get around the negotiating table and stop it happening again.
Repped :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Repped :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know, you're not too bad. well, for a righty.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interesting...
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
it's a fantastic scene yeah, really shows his passion about stopping the borg & how much it's come to consume him by that point, then how he resolves to do what's best for the crew & humanity before going to save Data

my favourite speech from that film is the one he gives about money no longer existing though, sums up so well why I adore Star Trek
I feel like this would be a better place to continue onwards.

I assume you mean this scene.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

yes! love it!
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Greetings MHOC. What's occurring?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
Lot's of stuff, like always

Now where have I seen that username before...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Startrek rules.

Unfortunately for the Utopians among us i see StarWars as far more realistic in its outcome. A senate ruled by greed, corruption and bureaucracy. To act in our own self interest and seek power is written into the DNA of many people.

Additionally, given how we dominate everything on earth without any real regard for the future i'm not sure why we'd not do that in space. It would not surprise me at all (if space technology was developed by one country at any rate) if the Imperial age simply began anew but on a galactic scale.
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Lot's of stuff, like always

Now where have I seen that username before...
I've been around.
bun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
The usual. Chronic lack of acticity, all sparked into life with election looming and it all kicking off a bit after one party was a bit *insert adjective/adverb here* then became victims themselves of unduly harsh punishment. All sorted now as they've kissed and made up somewhat. Another great repeal bill being voted upon.
Plus ça change...
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Startrek rules.

Unfortunately for the Utopians among us i see StarWars as far more realistic in its outcome. A senate ruled by greed, corruption and bureaucracy. To act in our own self interest and seek power is written into the DNA of many people.

Additionally, given how we dominate everything on earth without any real regard for the future i'm not sure why we'd not do that in space. It would not surprise me at all (if space technology was developed by one country at any rate) if the Imperial age simply began anew but on a galactic scale.
Well global warming and climate change may mean that we don't even get that far into the future.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.5%
No I haven't decided yet (42)
21%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.5%

Watched Threads