Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Thought Suarez was just as if not more selfish at times.

But yea I get what you mean.
    Suarez had the benefit of being Suarez, though.

ReputationRep:

I dunno though.

Suarez was as selfish as you would expect a striker to be but he would still always see the pass.
    The difference between him getting a goal or an assist would be whether he chose to make said pass or not.

Either way we'd score a goal because he was just that bloody good.

ReputationRep:

His unselfishness is sort of more profound in Barcelona. I watched some games where it's like all he wants to do is assist Messi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Liverpool will win the title under Klopp imho, 2-3 seasons.
    Is that in the next 2-3 or for the next 2-3 seasons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I dunno though.

Suarez was as selfish as you would expect a striker to be but he would still always see the pass.
    The difference between him getting a goal or an assist would be whether he chose to make said pass or not.

Either way we'd score a goal because he was just that bloody good.
    Suarez was ridiculously selfish at times but because he was magic at times, it was overlooked.

(Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    His unselfishness is sort of more profound in Barcelona. I watched some games where it's like all he wants to do is assist Messi.
    Well Barcelona is a different kettle of fish. Everyone is forced to be unselfish to benefit Messi. Look at how many Neymar and Suarez have scored in his absence but they will go back to being the support act.

Anyway we've gone on a tangent on a player who no longer wanted to be at the club and has left.

Strong team on Thursday to guarantee qualification in the EL? That way we can rest our players against the away trip to Sion later on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    Is that in the next 2-3 or for the next 2-3 seasons...
    In the next 2-3. I think he will have the funds to buy at least decent players to compliment the ones he already has. With Liverpool it is not often about the money as they can afford players that are good enough for a title challenge, it is more attracting the right players. I think that with Klopp and the project he is doing at a former giant club, this will attract the right players.

I think he can work wonders with the current team (i.e. domestic cup competitions) though, actually.

Hate to say it, but I think Liverpool will be a big club again and Klopp will put other managers out of a job.

ReputationRep:
    In the next 2-3. I think he will have the funds to buy at least decent players to compliment the ones he already has. With Liverpool it is not often about the money as they can afford players that are good enough for a title challenge, it is more attracting the right players. I think that with Klopp and the project he is doing at a former giant club, this will attract the right players.

I think he can work wonders with the current team (i.e. domestic cup competitions) though, actually.

Hate to say it, but I think Liverpool will be a big club again and Klopp will put other managers out of a job.
    I hope you're right.

I would love to see Mkhitaryan (Can't believe I spelt that properly on the first attempt lol) at Liverpool, for one... then possibly Gundogan and then a CB and a decent striker. I'm sure we can put our trust into Klopp for transfers and the up coming fixtures.

2-3 seasons does sound about right... who do you support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    I hope you're right.

I would love to see Mkhitaryan (Can't believe I spelt that properly on the first attempt lol) at Liverpool, for one... then possibly Gundogan and then a CB and a decent striker. I'm sure we can put our trust into Klopp for transfers and the up coming fixtures.

2-3 seasons does sound about right... who do you support?
    (Long suffering) Arsenal fan. And I know, we don't know that we have it alright sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Long suffering) Arsenal fan. And I know, we don't know that we have it alright sometimes.
    Ha! Well it's going to be some time for you guys to win the PL again!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Apparently we're after Lanzini. He scored a heck of a goal today.

Tottenham looked marvellous, though. If we're to hit the top four, you'd imagine they are the team who will miss out. They look really good right now, though. Alli is such a calm and assured presence for them, and Kane was excellent in front of goal now after finding his way and persevering after that poor start to the season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Team for Bordeaux?

Mignolet,
    Randall, Skrtel, Lovren, A. Moreno
    Allen, Can, Milner
    Ibe, Lallana
    Benteke

I'd like that, maybe even with Bogdan replacing Mignolet for a run out. He may use Origi, in fairness, and I expect Allen to come in for Lucas.

ReputationRep:
    Rest the whole team, they bloody earned it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Apparently we're after Lanzini. He scored a heck of a goal today.

Tottenham looked marvellous, though. If we're to hit the top four, you'd imagine they are the team who will miss out. They look really good right now, though. Alli is such a calm and assured presence for them, and Kane was excellent in front of goal now after finding his way and persevering after that poor start to the season.
    It's going to be a good battle for 4th with Spurs. They do look very very good right now. They do have a slightly trickier run in the next six games as compared to us so hopefully we can make up some points.

Also Pochettino teams tend to tire as the season goes on and there is a possibility that they will start fading. That being said, we might start fading too with the extra effort being put in every game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Realistically, we should be looking to win our next 7: Swansea, Newcastle, WBA, Watford, Leicester, Sunderland, West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    Team for Bordeaux?

Mignolet,
    Randall, Skrtel, Lovren, A. Moreno
    Allen, Can, Milner
    Ibe, Lallana
    Benteke

I'd like that, maybe even with Bogdan replacing Mignolet for a run out. He may use Origi, in fairness, and I expect Allen to come in for Lucas.
    Yea we should go for a relatively strong team. If we win, I think we're guaranteed into the knock-out rounds. If we lose, then we would have to better Bordeaux's result in the final group matches when they play Rubin Kazan and we play Sion away.

If we win on Thursday at home then we can send a youth team to the final group match which is away.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yea we should go for a relatively strong team. If we win, I think we're guaranteed into the knock-out rounds. If we lose, then we would have to better Bordeaux's result in the final group matches when they play Rubin Kazan and we play Sion away.

If we win on Thursday at home then we can send a youth team to the final group match which is away.
    Makes sense to keep the back four the same, as them playing together can only boost their confidence and they'll get used to winning. Klopp has been talking at length about having to 'learn' how to win, and it's in these types of games that we can do that.

I'd quite like Randall to be given a chance, though, given that Clyne has played a heck of a lot of football already this season.

ReputationRep:
    Makes sense to keep the back four the same, as them playing together can only boost their confidence and they'll get used to winning. Klopp has been talking at length about having to 'learn' how to win, and it's in these types of games that we can do that.

I'd quite like Randall to be given a chance, though, given that Clyne has played a heck of a lot of football already this season.
    I think I'd agree with your suggested line up tbh.

Even if it is the Europa League, it's a home game followed by another home game on Sunday against an out of form Swansea who have really been struggling.

ReputationRep:
    I think Sturridge has a great personality, but when I've been at the game I've sensed resentment from the older contingent at his perceived selfishness at times.
    Lol like Ronaldo ain't selfish, like Rooney wasn't selfish, like Aguero ain't selfish, like Kane ain't selfish, like Sanchez ain't selfish, like Robben ain't selfish. Most of these high scoring forwards are selfish and will take any reasonable chance rather than squaring it to a team mate.

These older fans need to get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, we should be looking to win our next 7: Swansea, Newcastle, WBA, Watford, Leicester, Sunderland, West Ham.
    I'd probably say...

Swansea: Should be able to win at home but could end up a draw.

Newcastle: No excuse not to beat them after Leicester smashed them.

West Brom: Should win it, but think it might be a tight game

Watford: Must win this

Leicester:...wouldn't want to say, theoretically at home you'd look to win but if Leicester continue their form it could be another West Brom v Arsenal.

Sunderland: Easy win

West ham: Whether Spurs win is a sign they're going to drop off a bit now. Should win but I could see a score draw.

So...I'd say minimum 15 points, 19+ good result
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I'd probably say...

Swansea: Should be able to win at home but could end up a draw.

Newcastle: No excuse not to beat them after Leicester smashed them.

West Brom: Should win it, but think it might be a tight game

Watford: Must win this

Leicester:...wouldn't want to say, theoretically at home you'd look to win but if Leicester continue their form it could be another West Brom v Arsenal.

Sunderland: Easy win

West ham: Whether Spurs win is a sign they're going to drop off a bit now. Should win but I could see a score draw.

So...I'd say minimum 15 points, 19+ good result
    Of course, we won't end up winning them all. If we did, that'd be marvellous. PL games are always banana skins, but we should definitely look to dispatch Swansea (given their current form), Newcastle and Watford with ease.

Then, those three wins could mean we handle Leicester easily. Who knows? Three games down the line they may be struggling and Vardy's streak may have ceased.

Sunderland should be straightforward, and West Ham too given their injuries.

Given this weekend's performance, I think it's now time to really deal with the runt of the litter at Anfield. I want good performances, and goals. No more scraping past bottom five fodder, or conceding after taking a one-goal lead.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.