Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My application was sent off on the 15th of October. My first offer was from Warwick for Mathematics which I got 8 days later, on the 23rd. I'm still waiting to hear back from Durham for the same course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneyl3igh)
    Yes I just heard back last week! Took about the same for me after all! Are you thinking of firming Cardiff or anything??
    Congratulations! I think Cardiff will be my firm, I'm still waiting to hear back from Leicester though which I also really like what about you?? And where else have you applied??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPencil)
    BristoI and Bath are both taking a very long time to reply to me, I sent my application off late October and nothing, (offer wise) anyone else? (Math applicant by the way)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sent my application off mid-October and received an offer from Bath for Maths on the 8th of December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 130398)
    Ok guys this is stupid but I am trying to register on UCLs Portico and i do not get what my password must be. It says
    The password must be exactly 8 characters long and must contain at least 3 of the following:
    • Lowercase characters
    • Uppercase characters
    • Digits
    • Special characters from this set % ^ * ( ) + - = ; , ? / & [ ] { }

Additionally, make sure that the password that you choose:
    • Does not contain your firstname or surname
    • Is not based on a dictionary word or a proper name
    but even after trying many combinations according to the requirements i couldnt seem to have a "strong password". Please help
    have you tried replacing letters with numbers and/or symbols

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forteetude_)
    have you tried replacing letters with numbers and/or symbols
    i tried to put 2 lower case and 2 upper case letters 2 numbers and the two symbols they offer. Which makes for a total of 8 characters and still it doesnt work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollsmae)
    Hi! What are you looking to study? I heard from Bath Spa after a week of applying...when did you send your application?
    You've heard from bath spa?? I sent mine 8th of December, but Leeds have gotten back to me! What are you looking to Study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabbynutley98)
    Bath spa??
    I've heard nothing. You?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing. You?
    Heard on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anneso123)
    Thank you! Warwick is my first choice so I'm pretty happy right now haha
    Warwick is sick. I would have applied there but I live in Coventry and didn't want to apply to somewhere so close. The campus is really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabbynutley98)
    Heard on Tuesday!
    OMG well done! To study what? & what was the offer? How long ago did you send it?

ReputationRep:
    OMG well done! To study what? & what was the offer? How long ago did you send it?
    Religious studies, BBB and 3/4 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relaen)
    Any idea if any universities send out offers over Christmas? Heard they don't so I don't want to end up checking it all the time if there's no chance of offers popping up! xD

I think they will stop sending offers from 23/12 because purely they need their Christmas break too and probably will start sending out offers from 4/1 .

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long UCL Mechanical Engineering take to reply?

ReputationRep:
    You've heard from bath spa?? I sent mine 8th of December, but Leeds have gotten back to me! What are you looking to Study?
    Hi! Yeah, my application was sent on 2nd December and I heard from Bath Spa on the 9th I'm looking to study education studies, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    How long does Edinburgh usually take to reply? I sent my application off on November 6th and so far I've received offers from Leeds (AAB), Liverpool (ABB) and an unconditional from Leeds Beckett. I'm applying for Pharmacology btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbanforestry)
    Congratulations! I think Cardiff will be my firm, I'm still waiting to hear back from Leicester though which I also really like what about you?? And where else have you applied??
    I'm thinking Warwick as my firm at the minute, but still not fully decided I very nearly picked Leicester over Cardiff when applying!! Warwick, QMuL, Kent and Portsmouth, you??

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Essex within 4 days of them receiving my application, which was sent on the 23rd Nov, and by 17th December I had offers from:
    Essex
    Brighton
    LSE
    Exeter
    (In that order) I'm waiting on Surrey now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I got an offer from Essex within 4 days of them receiving my application, which was sent on the 23rd Nov, and by 17th December I had offers from:
    Essex
    Brighton
    LSE
    Exeter
    (In that order) I'm waiting on Surrey now.
    Which course did you apply for in LSE? How come they give you an offer so fast lol shouldn't it take minimum 8 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    So far I've heard back from QMUL, KCL and UCL for English. Queen Mary want AAB but UCL and KCL only want AA. I'm still waiting on Oxford and Warwick (for English and Creative Writing). But if the latter two don't work out then I think I'm gonna firm KCL and insure UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelvin1338)
    Which course did you apply for in LSE? How come they give you an offer so fast lol shouldn't it take minimum 8 weeks?
    Sociology, I got the 8 week email on the 7th December but an offer 10 days later, I don't think it is meant to take any specific length of time but it can take up to 8 weeks or more for them to make a decision.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.