Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightAtTheEnd)
    Did my actual UKCAT yesterday.

VR: 520/900 (I hate this ugh. A combination of being bad at this and being nervous bcoz its the first section)
    QR: 890/900
    AR: 700/900
    SJT: Band 2
    Total: 2110
    Avg: 703
    If you have any questions let me know. I think I can help with QR at least :s

Busy right now, will post proof later.
    how did u revise fo qr and get such a high score????? my ukcat is on mondau and im getting in the 600's in QR, eally want to improve this to atleast 700 by the exam. do you think thats possible?

well done on your sick score!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Has anyone done the Kaplan test 1?
    yes didnt go great

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who was subscribed to Medify how did you do in the online mock tests? How dd the mock tests compare to the actual UKCAT exam? I have been studying for 4 weeks but my marks don't seem to improve, the range is more or less the same, average around 1900 (VR, QR & AR). I'm worried! My exam date is next week. I don't expect to do magically better unless someone tells me that the actual exam is marked liniently or that you tend to score better in the actual exam. To those who got over 700, were you getting the same result during your practice sessions?
    Any guidance? Should I postpone my exam date? Please help!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what percentage of correct answers corresponds to what score on the converted scale? (i know that 80% of correct answers on any section is approximately 800 but does anyone know what percentage for 700/600 etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    does anyone know what percentage of correct answers corresponds to what score on the converted scale? (i know that 80% of correct answers on any section is approximately 800 but does anyone know what percentage for 700/600 etc)
    You can use this score conversion sheet by Kaplan.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf UKCAT Approx Conversions (1).pdf (74.7 KB, 2546 views)

ReputationRep:
    yes didnt go great
    What did you get in it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniAdmissions)
    Hi Talisa13

Hoping I can offer some advice...

For the QR section, get familiar with the on screen calculator and use the calculator with the keyboard for speed – it's really important to practice this.
    Look for hard questions and skip them straight away as there is no point in wasting valuable time. If the question is hard to understand, the data you need is complex or there are many stages to the calculation then I would consider that to be a hard question.

When you move on from a question, guess the answer and flag it for review in case you find you have extra time at the end. There is no harm in guessing as there is no negative marking.

I hope that is useful.

Let me know if we can help with anything else and good luck with your test!

UniAdmissions
    Thank you for your advice! How do I practice using the online calcualtor? Where can I find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    What did you get in it?
    it was the first paper i did i got 1820 still need to improve a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talisia13)
    Thank you for your advice! How do I practice using the online calcualtor? Where can I find it?
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/tour/calc.htm

ReputationRep:
    it was the first paper i did i got 1820 still need to improve a lot
    For QR were there questions about big cats and placebos. I just want to know if the questions are the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    For QR were there questions about big cats and placebos. I just want to know if the questions are the same.
    yes they are

ReputationRep:
    Sat mine yesterday: Average 760 / band 2

VR: 610
    QR: 770
    AR: 900

Scored 680 last year, my 2 cents are:
    - gobble up all the questions you can
    - you can't over prepare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia.medicine)
    You can use this score conversion sheet by Kaplan.
    thanks for this!

ReputationRep:
    How is it scientifically possible to 'peak' by practising too much?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    So my UKCAT was suppose to be on Wednesday but after doing horrendously in the first mock on the UKCAT website (I got 513 and I'm still shocked). I don't understand though, I was doing alright in the medify mocks (around 700ish). I found the UKCAT mock questions 10x harder (especially QR) and I ran out of time badly in all the sections. So I need a new game plan. My new test is booked for the 9th of September (2 days after my school opens - have I made a mistake my rescheduling?)

Also I'm stressed about when I should have my personal statement written by. I feel like I've messed everything up now by doing my test so much later. I need all the advice I can get!

ReputationRep:
    To those who have sat the test, were your mock scores a true reflection of your actual score?
    In practices I am doing really will but my mock scores are so inconsistent!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzywaterbottle)
    Hey guys,
    So my UKCAT was suppose to be on Wednesday but after doing horrendously in the first mock on the UKCAT website (I got 513 and I'm still shocked). I don't understand though, I was doing alright in the medify mocks (around 700ish). I found the UKCAT mock questions 10x harder (especially QR) and I ran out of time badly in all the sections. So I need a new game plan. My new test is booked for the 9th of September (2 days after my school opens - have I made a mistake my rescheduling?)

Also I'm stressed about when I should have my personal statement written by. I feel like I've messed everything up now by doing my test so much later. I need all the advice I can get!
    I'm not doing so well but I can tell you I also found the official tests A LOT harder, but I've heard that they're not really representative of the real thing and since medify has such a good reputation it's more like the real thing and I've heard people saying it's the closest to the real thing. So yeah

ReputationRep:
    Ukcat on Monday and just got 470 on recent verbal reasoning ffs, how can I get this up to atleast 600 in 2 days??? Pls help x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw781)
    To those who have sat the test, were your mock scores a true reflection of your actual score?
    In practices I am doing really will but my mock scores are so inconsistent!!!
    Im on the same boat more or less, in practices i do really well and within required timing but in the mocks it just isn't the same, where sometimes I just do really bad :/ i want to believe that it doesn't reflect my effort and accuracy in the practices but it's supposed to mimick the time pressures of the real thing and the general feeling of doing the actual test. So i don't know if im prepared or not given that the ukcat test is next week tuesday ((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayP454)
    Im on the same boat more or less, in practices i do really well and within required timing but in the mocks it just isn't the same, where sometimes I just do really bad :/ i want to believe that it doesn't reflect my effort and accuracy in the practices but it's supposed to mimick the time pressures of the real thing and the general feeling of doing the actual test. So i don't know if im prepared or not given that the ukcat test is next week tuesday ((
    I'm the same my test is on Tuesday too! I keep finding QR in the mocks so hard but when I look at the answers they are so easy :-/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.