Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by patryk_
got an interview for aberdeen today.

omfg!!?!?!!:redface:jhhwedixlhbvdpsihnbapibgvs;p#nbspoig bghspiovnss[ojdspmxkl

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on aberdeen pls!
Original post by Gogregg
I guess it'll just be different for each university, then.

No not yet, Dundee said they would send out their interview offers in 'Mid-November', though, so fingers crossed for this week :biggrin:
Congratulations on your Leicester interview! What about you, any other offers? :h:

On Friday for dates from 12-16th of December :smile:

Yeah I am hoping on Dundee too!

Just have a bad feeling that my bombed UKCAT may not be enough.

Genuinely ******** it though because Dundee is probs my best chance. Interview sounds brutal though. 10 stations!
Original post by Gogregg
I live near Manchester :tongue:

Yeah, basically! But it would be nice to have them all out of the way, so I can focus on my schoolwork...

I like to think I'm not, but I sort of am? I won't become completely stressed, but it will always be in the back of my mind at least.
I think that's true for the majority of them, but I'm not certain :dontknow:

Oh, haha, that makes sense. I live nicely in between Manchester and Liverpool but I never go to either lol.

True...I feel like as long as I'm waiting for interviews I'm just gonna be prepping all the time and imagine if you just get a rejection instead of an interview lol.
Hmm, depends- are you the kind of person who discusses it like a week after its over when it's old news (those people irritate me - just get over it man)
Hmm, it'll be a nice surprise if I do get an offer before March then! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ...It'sme(#J)
Yeah I am hoping on Dundee too!

Just have a bad feeling that my bombed UKCAT may not be enough.

Genuinely ******** it though because Dundee is probs my best chance. Interview sounds brutal though. 10 stations!

When do you think we'll hear?
Are you a Scottish applicant?
I'm hoping Monday, but as long as it's positive, I'll be fine :lol:

Original post by nomophobia
Oh, haha, that makes sense. I live nicely in between Manchester and Liverpool but I never go to either lol.

True...I feel like as long as I'm waiting for interviews I'm just gonna be prepping all the time and imagine if you just get a rejection instead of an interview lol.
Hmm, depends- are you the kind of person who discusses it like a week after its over when it's old news (those people irritate me - just get over it man)
Hmm, it'll be a nice surprise if I do get an offer before March then! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

From all I've learnt being near Manchester, we're not supposed to like Liverpool or something :lol:

Yeah, I really don't want any rejections, especially pre-interview, I feel like it would be a bit devastating considering all the research I've done to make informed choices ;-;
What sort of prep are you doing? I recently read A Very Short Introduction into Medical Ethics. I should probably read it again, though...

I like to think I'm not. I'm not awful, but I sometimes do focus way too much on stuff :colondollar:

I have my fingers crossed for the both of us!
Original post by Gogregg

From all I've learnt being near Manchester, we're not supposed to like Liverpool or something :lol:

Yeah, I really don't want any rejections, especially pre-interview, I feel like it would be a bit devastating considering all the research I've done to make informed choices ;-;
What sort of prep are you doing? I recently read A Very Short Introduction into Medical Ethics. I should probably read it again, though...

I like to think I'm not. I'm not awful, but I sometimes do focus way too much on stuff :colondollar:

Hahahah, I had no idea this rivalry existed except I know everyone's got to Manchester for shopping but never Liverpool.

Awwww. Hopefully you won't get any rejections then if you've applied to all safe unis - (I applied to 2 risky ones whoops haha)

Was it any good? Is it online or do I have to buy it? I've recently just ordered the ISC interview book and my college managed to arrange a very expensive MMI practice course for free!! Woo, that's next week. Other than that, just going to read up on BBC news Health, read up about the uni (I didn't go to the open day, I just chose it because I had a good chance there hah) anything else you're doing to prep?

Aww, we've all been there an overthought the silliest of things but it's ok, I forgive you :tongue:

Me too! Really good luck for the rest of the process!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gogregg

OMG YESS GREGGG GET IN THERE

SORRY took me a while tryna figure it out but I'm glad you got the interview, you've seriously helped so many people on this forum - including me. You truly deserve this!!!!:u::daydreaming::dancing::cute::yep::yeah::yay:
Original post by Gogregg

I think by the end of this week tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait until at least Wednesday though. Yeah I'm a Scotsman too. Yeah Manchester and Liverpool just don't get along, especially in football lol (COME ON UTD!!!!). Yeah I do not want any rejections especially pre-interview.
Original post by Nuba123

SORRY took me a while tryna figure it out but I'm glad you got the interview, you've seriously helped so many people on this forum - including me. You truly deserve this!!!!:u::daydreaming::dancing::cute::yep::yeah::yay:

Did he get an interview!?!??!?!

Great stuff my man if you did!
I think by the end of this week tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait until at least Wednesday though. Yeah I'm a Scotsman too. Yeah Manchester and Liverpool just don't get along, especially in football lol (COME ON UTD!!!!). Yeah I do not want any rejections especially pre-interview.

I think for Newcastle, not 100% sure though but probably considering his UKCAT,.. :tongue:
Original post by Gogregg

Hahahah, I had no idea this rivalry existed except I know everyone's got to Manchester for shopping but never Liverpool.

Awwww. Hopefully you won't get any rejections then if you've applied to all safe unis - (I applied to 2 risky ones whoops haha)

Was it any good? Is it online or do I have to buy it? I've recently just ordered the ISC interview book and my college managed to arrange a very expensive MMI practice course for free!! Woo, that's next week. Other than that, just going to read up on BBC news Health, read up about the uni (I didn't go to the open day, I just chose it because I had a good chance there hah) anything else you're doing to prep?

Aww, we've all been there an overthought the silliest of things but it's ok, I forgive you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

isnt to infiltrate, the manchester liverpool rivalry is strong.

Glad everything is going well for you guys, you have been very vocal on here for many months now and I am wishing you all the best with your applications.
Hey does anyone know what newcastle's UKCAT cut off is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's because of the football teams, it's a bit silly in my opinion, but oh well (woo, Manchester)

Well, I think they're as safe as you could get for medicine, so there's still that risk. I would be so happy at any of my choices, though, so as long as I get one offer, I'm fine!
I'm sure you'll get more interviews, though! You're totally worth it! :yep:

It was interesting, I think it could be a bit confusing at times, but it's only cheap, so I think it's worth getting, if only for an interesting read!
That's so good! :redface: My school brought some Doctors and other healthcare professionals in for an MMI practice, which was good, although I could definitely do with another one! :colondollar:
Basically the same as you, really.

Good luck to you too! :biggrin:

Original post by Nuba123

Thank you so much! :dancing:
I'm glad I've helped! Honestly, this forum did so much to help me, it's just the least I could do! :yep:
Thank you, I'm sure you'll be getting loads of interviews soon :biggrin:

It should definitely be by the end of this week :u:
But yeah, Wednesday is manageable. If it is Wednesday, and I get invited to interview, I would be so happy, though. I'm going to see my favourite band live that night, also, so it would be epic! :lol:

Yes, I did! :woo:
Thanks!

Original post by Nuba123
I think for Newcastle, not 100% sure though but probably considering his UKCAT,.. :tongue:

Oh stop it, you're embarrassing me :blush:

Original post by Natalierm2707

Glad everything is going well for you guys, you have been very vocal on here for many months now and I am wishing you all the best with your applications.

Obvs Manchester is better. By at least 3 miles. At least!

Thank you so much!
Hope med school is going well for you currently, also! :biggrin:

Original post by skittles17
Hey does anyone know what newcastle's UKCAT cut off is?
Posted from TSR Mobile

They haven't released it yet and will only do so at the end of the cycle, sorry :frown:
Thats annoying, wish they would hurry up a bit lol.
Cardiff but not Barts, it was too risky so I applied to Liverpool instead.

Thanks! Hahaha! You don't make much sense! Why don't you want more than 2 interviews before Christmas? And I don't blame you although I told myself I wouldn't worry until January time if I didn't get any interviews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG YES WELL DONE:excited:

REPPING :five:

Masha'Allah better get that interview outfit sorted ASAP:wink:
Original post by Gogregg
I think it's because of the football teams, it's a bit silly in my opinion, but oh well (woo, Manchester)

Well, I think they're as safe as you could get for medicine, so there's still that risk. I would be so happy at any of my choices, though, so as long as I get one offer, I'm fine!

It was interesting, I think it could be a bit confusing at times, but it's only cheap, so I think it's worth getting, if only for an interesting read!
That's so good! :redface: My school brought some Doctors and other healthcare professionals in for an MMI practice, which was good, although I could definitely do with another one! :colondollar:

Thank you so much! :dancing:
I'm glad I've helped! Honestly, this forum did so much to help me, it's just the least I could do! :yep:
Thank you, I'm sure you'll be getting loads of interviews soon :biggrin:

It should definitely be by the end of this week :u:
But yeah, Wednesday is manageable. If it is Wednesday, and I get invited to interview, I would be so happy, though. I'm going to see my favourite band live that night, also, so it would be epic! :lol:

Yes, I did! :woo:
Thanks!

Oh stop it, you're embarrassing me :blush:

Obvs Manchester is better. By at least 3 miles. At least!

Thank you so much!
Hope med school is going well for you currently, also! :biggrin:

They haven't released it yet and will only do so at the end of the cycle, sorry :frown:

Fingers crossed :colondollar:and no worries, hope it goes AMAZINGGGGG :u::bumps:
Original post by Nuba123
Fingers crossed :colondollar:and no worries, hope it goes AMAZINGGGGG :u::bumps:

PRSOM! :jumphug:

I have my fingers crossed for the both of us as well! :crossedf:
Hey!!
I interview from Hull York!
Yay

Currently waiting for;
Kings
Bristol
St.george
Original post by Natalierm2707

How have I spent my entire life not knowing this? :s-smilie: although I do know you instantly become unpopular if you support Liverpool haha.

Thank you!! You have no idea how helpful you've been for me in this process, I hope 2nd years going well for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
OMG YES WELL DONE:excited:

REPPING :five:

Masha'Allah better get that interview outfit sorted ASAP:wink:

THANK YOU!!! Have you heard from any unis yet?

Hahaha ah, I do actually, that's my number one priority right now but I went yesterday and the smart clothes are in the petite section look so rubbish :lol: so this is gonna be hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gogregg

Ohhhhh, now I get it, I don't even care about football so it doesn't bother me but I do know you instantly become extremely unpopular if you even think about supporting Liverpool.

Well, yeah but I think you could totally get 4 interviews if you've applied to safe unis - I hope you do!! Haha, me too! (But Liverpool would be the absolute dream)
Aww thanks!! I hope so too! And same for you, you've defo worked really hard for this.

Hmm, I'll probably find it incredibly boring then, with books, after a couple of pages I'm out :lol:
That's awesome!! It's pretty good that you've already had the practice and haha, if we only we could have unlimited free courses. I'm assuming you're not going on a paid course?

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet!!! But seriously all the best!!!!!
THANK YOU!!! Have you heard from any unis yet?

Hahaha ah, I do actually, that's my number one priority right now but I went yesterday and the smart clothes are in the petite section look so rubbish :lol: so this is gonna be hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys i have like C's and Few D's in my gcse's and i want to study medicine n be surgeon so i was wondering if i do really good in As a level exams for all subjects and have higher than average score in ukcat and bmat is there still I chance for me to go to the top uni like Oxford and Cambridge...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending